+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Investor immigration to Quebec (applied 2016) waiting for interview

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Dear Schehrazade :— everyday we hope will hear good news ,,, it’s really long time 6 years my heart with you and with other person who wait long time ,,, we all hope to start new life ,,, actually people with French language must processing time is faster and shorter than us with non French language ,,, all the best wishes for you Scheherazade and for all peoples in all group .
Dear laith
I guess you have a very knowledgeable and helpful lawyer .
Pls ask your lawyer what is going on ?? Why ONLY QBC has reached 48 months whereas Quebec skilled category processing time remains same ?
Further if the lawyer can use her source ( Iam sure she must be very resourceful)
to find out what is exactly the future of this category, meaning do we expect further delays or system will clean up in near future . It’s too frustrating,

Laithhisham

Oct 31, 2018
Dear laith
I guess you have a very knowledgeable and helpful lawyer .
Pls ask your lawyer what is going on ?? Why ONLY QBC has reached 48 months whereas Quebec skilled category processing time remains same ?
Further if the lawyer can use her source ( Iam sure she must be very resourceful)
to find out what is exactly the future of this category, meaning do we expect further delays or system will clean up in near future . It’s too frustrating,
Dear ash1969 I check with my lawyer as now all Categories extended time not only business class skills worker same extended time from 16 months to 20 months now and now many skilled worker 24 months and more still not get DM or PPR and my lawyer have one applicant skill worker just now receive PPR with 27 months ,,, now processing time for Quebec Immigration applicants is slowly than before ( no way for us only wait ) .
Dear ash1969 If you have questions feel free to ask to check with my lawyer

Reactions: ash1969

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Dear ash1969 I check with my lawyer as now all Categories extended time not only business class skills worker same extended time from 16 months to 20 months now and now many skilled worker 24 months and more still not get DM or PPR and my lawyer have one applicant skill worker just now receive PPR with 27 months ,,, now processing time for Quebec Immigration applicants is slowly than before ( no way for us only wait ) .
Dear ash1969 If you have questions feel free to ask to check with my lawyer
Thnx for the information.

Naz76

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
We r really struck and helpless. Can’t even plan anything for future. Can’t grow our businesses. Uncertainty level is high, who knows tomorrow they pass a bill and cancel all of these programs like they did in 2014.

We knew it would take time around 3-5 years and we were prepared for that. But in acctual, it requires steel nerves.

Someone in forum had purchased property in Montreal, we request him to shed some light on this as how is it going? How he’s managing the property, any profit any troubles? How he’s managing taxes etc.
thx

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
We r really struck and helpless. Can’t even plan anything for future. Can’t grow our businesses. Uncertainty level is high, who knows tomorrow they pass a bill and cancel all of these programs like they did in 2014.

We knew it would take time around 3-5 years and we were prepared for that. But in acctual, it requires steel nerves.

Someone in forum had purchased property in Montreal, we request him to shed some light on this as how is it going? How he’s managing the property, any profit any troubles? How he’s managing taxes etc.
thx
I’ve bought property in Montreal. We had a very good agent, saw what we liked and bought it. Mortgage down payment was higher but the agent put us in touch with the right banks and insurance people and it was smooth sailing. We pay all our taxes on line, we visit whenever we can and it has worked out well for us. The property has already gone up in price so even if we sell, we’ll walk away with more. I have no regrets about buying a place, it’s grounded me more there, I’ve met a lot of people and learnt a lot of things.
The property is not in downtown but in an English speaking suburban area and we love it. My husband has our hydro Quebec ( electric ) and energir ( gas ) accounts also done on line so we pay all our bills electronically. We have Bell WiFi and security so we know every time someone calls us or even rings our doorbell. We can see and talk to them electronically in real time. It has worked out well for us mashaAllah. Now just waiting for the immigration to go through..we have done what we can.

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
Dear Schehrazade :— everyday we hope will hear good news ,,, it’s really long time 6 years my heart with you and with other person who wait long time ,,, we all hope to start new life ,,, actually people with French language must processing time is faster and shorter than us with non French language ,,, all the best wishes for you Scheherazade and for all peoples in all group .
Laith it’s the same for all us from our region. I speak French..but still waiting for processing. Just waiting and hoping every day that good news will come. For all of us.

Reactions: Laithhisham

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
So wats the recourse then ? Take it lying down as we have been for long or get together and do something about it collectively ( all as one )
We all are suffering individually in whatever capacity . I guess most are fed up and in despair .
No one talks about - so what
now ???
Iam open to ideas . Tnx
Ash I can feel your despair. You are getting to where I am now. I check the forum but do not write, I think about it all day but do not speak of this anymore. Now, I have stopped waiting. Some part of me has just quietly moved on. I just plan my trips to Montreal, enjoy my home and come back. Now I don’t wait. I’ve started planning again, how long can you put your life on hold? Whenever it happens, it will happen. I’m continuing to live my life where I am, living in the present rather than concentrating on the uncertain future. I don’t think that I can’t commit to this or that or can’t make plans for six months down the road because I’m hoping I won’t be here. I can’t take that torture any longer. We’ve put our lives on hold from 2013. Now I live for today. Because the way we are living my friend, will make us go crazy. Im trying not to care and just carry on and enjoy my life. That’s the only way to handle this.

Naz76

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
I’ve bought property in Montreal. We had a very good agent, saw what we liked and bought it. Mortgage down payment was higher but the agent put us in touch with the right banks and insurance people and it was smooth sailing. We pay all our taxes on line, we visit whenever we can and it has worked out well for us. The property has already gone up in price so even if we sell, we’ll walk away with more. I have no regrets about buying a place, it’s grounded me more there, I’ve met a lot of people and learnt a lot of things.
The property is not in downtown but in an English speaking suburban area and we love it. My husband has our hydro Quebec ( electric ) and energir ( gas ) accounts also done on line so we pay all our bills electronically. We have Bell WiFi and security so we know every time someone calls us or even rings our doorbell. We can see and talk to them electronically in real time. It has worked out well for us mashaAllah. Now just waiting for the immigration to go through..we have done what we can.
Its good thing that u are getting used to new place.
Plz share yr agent details, I am also planning to buy something.
Is it yr holiday home or an investment?
Thx

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
To be fair there is a lot of abuse when in comes to the various investor programs that's why most have closed down. A large proportion resettle in other provinces right away and rent a small apartment. There has also been other misrepresentation when it comes to applications and RO.

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Ash I can feel your despair. You are getting to where I am now. I check the forum but do not write, I think about it all day but do not speak of this anymore. Now, I have stopped waiting. Some part of me has just quietly moved on. I just plan my trips to Montreal, enjoy my home and come back. Now I don’t wait. I’ve started planning again, how long can you put your life on hold? Whenever it happens, it will happen. I’m continuing to live my life where I am, living in the present rather than concentrating on the uncertain future. I don’t think that I can’t commit to this or that or can’t make plans for six months down the road because I’m hoping I won’t be here. I can’t take that torture any longer. We’ve put our lives on hold from 2013. Now I live for today. Because the way we are living my friend, will make us go crazy. Im trying not to care and just carry on and enjoy my life. That’s the only way to handle this.
Hi
You are spot on . We should live in the present . That’s what Iam trying to do as well . But alas we are humans and thoughts do cross over sometimes and then I begin to ponder- was it worth it ?
Nevertheless Iam in it with you all and have started taking it in the stride .
My concerns - we are aging up , we may be healthy today - but what about the future ?
Just a thought ———Why don’t they adopt a policy of taking one time medical UPFRONT- and once they are satisfied with the reports then only they should ask for our money and subsequently issue the CSQ . ( medical thing bothers me a lot - don’t forget we are aging up , with each passing day )

That being said I have geared my self up for the long journey ahead and hopefully we all will sail through it successfully.
Amen

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Its good thing that u are getting used to new place.
Plz share yr agent details, I am also planning to buy something.
Is it yr holiday home or an investment?
Thx
I also plan to buy something. But this time it will be for investment purpose only . Maybe rent it out after purchase
Thinking of condo/ Apartment or something .

Reactions: Schehrazade

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
I also plan to buy something. But this time it will be for investment purpose only . Maybe rent it out after purchase
Thinking of condo/ Apartment or something .
Same strategy here also. Smaller investment property will be better for a start.
That’s a very good idea. We went for a home because I have older children and this was near my youngest child’s school. Plus with a house there’s more work involved especially in the winter. Condo is the best way forward. That way it’s easy to put on rent and I suggest you do that because winters are harsh and you don’t want pipes to burst. I personally love the West Island area but that’s a personal choice. Maybe more central might be better as rental property. But trends are changing and you need to check out places that will work with your needs and budget. My agents were www.teammorielli.com . Ask for Julie..give her my reference (Farhana ) and she will be more than happy to help.
To be fair there is a lot of abuse when in comes to the various investor programs that's why most have closed down. A large proportion resettle in other provinces right away and rent a small apartment. There has also been other misrepresentation when it comes to applications and RO.
You’re right. I know people who’ve bailed and gone to Toronto. Which is why we were so adamant to stay in Quebec. Although I’m an Entreprenuer catagory not investor. It’s a long road and we are all getting older. Medical gets harder, kids find it harder to settle. And the genuine ones pay for the wrongdoings of the others by the long wait times. It’s sad. And unfair. But now all I pray is that it happens. Soon. For all of us.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That’s a very good idea. We went for a home because I have older children and this was near my youngest child’s school. Plus with a house there’s more work involved especially in the winter. Condo is the best way forward. That way it’s easy to put on rent and I suggest you do that because winters are harsh and you don’t want pipes to burst. I personally love the West Island area but that’s a personal choice. Maybe more central might be better as rental property. But trends are changing and you need to check out places that will work with your needs and budget. My agents were www.teammorielli.com . Ask for Julie..give her my reference (Farhana ) and she will be more than happy to help.

You’re right. I know people who’ve bailed and gone to Toronto. Which is why we were so adamant to stay in Quebec. Although I’m an Entreprenuer catagory not investor. It’s a long road and we are all getting older. Medical gets harder, kids find it harder to settle. And the genuine ones pay for the wrongdoings of the others by the long wait times. It’s sad. And unfair. But now all I pray is that it happens. Soon. For all of us.
Most would have applied for other immigration programs if they qualified so guess you have no choice but to be patient and cross your fingers! Should mention for those settling in English areas your children will still have to attend French schools unless you pay for private education.

Reactions: Schehrazade

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
Has anyone received this? Can’t check my GCKey as my representative has linked it. Will have them check tomorrow. But I received the message below on my personal email.
Your Quebec business class (investor, self-employed or entrepreneur) application now has a progress bar, which shows the time elapsed since we received your application. The progress bar gives you an estimated completion date based on our latest processing times.

The progress bar is available only if you have linked your application to your online account. Find out how to create an online account and link your application.

Sign in to your account, take a look, and tell us what you think.

Reactions: Laithhisham