+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intracompany transfer.

CoolToo8190

Feb 10, 2012
Hi Friends,
I am a Indian Citizen currently residing in USA. My company has filed IntraCompany Transfer for Canada and the application was filed at New York Consulate 2 weeks ago.

I sent all the forms, documents, photocopies of passport but did not send the original passport since I was not sure how long process will take and I wanted passport under my possession for next few weeks for some personal reasons.

1. Can someone please advise if there would be request for original passport later or photocopies of passport are just fine. How much is this will take to process if they request the passport?
2. Can I personally submit passports to NY consulate and later collect them same day or next day after they are verified?
3. I am aware that Consulate issues a letter which we need to show at port of entry to enter Canada. Do they also stamp the passport at Consulate?
4. My spouse Dependent visa is also being processed. Will she also get an letter from Canadian Consulate or stamp on her passport?
5. Is there anyway I can track my application online or email or phone?

Please help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CoolToo8190 said:
Hi Friends,
I am a Indian Citizen currently residing in USA. My company has filed IntraCompany Transfer for Canada and the application was filed at New York Consulate 2 weeks ago.

I sent all the forms, documents, photocopies of passport but did not send the original passport since I was not sure how long process will take and I wanted passport under my possession for next few weeks for some personal reasons.

1. Can someone please advise if there would be request for original passport later or photocopies of passport are just fine. How much is this will take to process if they request the passport?
2. Can I personally submit passports to NY consulate and later collect them same day or next day after they are verified?
3. I am aware that Consulate issues a letter which we need to show at port of entry to enter Canada. Do they also stamp the passport at Consulate?
4. My spouse Dependent visa is also being processed. Will she also get an letter from Canadian Consulate or stamp on her passport?
5. Is there anyway I can track my application online or email or phone?

Please help.
1. There is a very good chance that you wasted your time, by not submitting the original passport as per the check list. IMHO I think that your application is going to be returned without processing.
2. Yes as an Indian national you require a TRV, (Temporary resident permit) so the original passport is required.
3. She requires a TRV as well.
4. No, you can't track it.

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
you have to send your original passport while sending your application only.. ;D

CoolToo8190

Feb 10, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

1. There is a very good chance that you wasted your time, by not submitting the original passport as per the check list. IMHO I think that your application is going to be returned without processing.
2. Yes as an Indian national you require a TRV, (Temporary resident permit) so the original passport is required.
3. She requires a TRV as well.
4. No, you can't track it.
Hi PMM,
I understand that original passport is mandatory, but due to some unfavorable circumstances I was not able to send it. Let say If the request for original passport comes up, can I go to NY and get it stamped in person and collect travel document and passport same day or next day or after few days? Do they have such a provision?

I know people do collect their stamped PR's in person, not sure if this works for TRV.

Can you please advise

Sheena_Singh

May 31, 2012
Hello,

I am in a similar situation where I have not submitted my passport due to other travel commitments.

I carry an Indian Passport & I work in an American company on L1B visa. My husband & I are moving to Montreal and he applying for temporary resident visa while I am applying for an “Open Work Permit” as a spouse. At the same time I am expected to apply for UK visa for a short official travel to UK in June. I understand I need to submit the passport as part of the checklist for my Canadian visa for the duration of my husband's visa processing, however, due to my travel to UK for official purposes, its difficult for me to submit my passport for the entire 6-8 weeks of work permit & visa processing.

I am very eager to know what happened to your application? Were you asked to submit your passport later?

CoolToo8190

Feb 10, 2012
Sheena_Singh said:
Hello,

I am in a similar situation where I have not submitted my passport due to other travel commitments.

I carry an Indian Passport & I work in an American company on L1B visa. My husband & I are moving to Montreal and he applying for temporary resident visa while I am applying for an “Open Work Permit” as a spouse. At the same time I am expected to apply for UK visa for a short official travel to UK in June. I understand I need to submit the passport as part of the checklist for my Canadian visa for the duration of my husband's visa processing, however, due to my travel to UK for official purposes, its difficult for me to submit my passport for the entire 6-8 weeks of work permit & visa processing.

I am very eager to know what happened to your application? Were you asked to submit your passport later?
My attorney who filed the application on my behalf received an email from Canadian Consulate to submit the passport for getting the visa stamped. I took a copy of that letter along with my passport to New York Consulate and got the visas stamped on the same day.

Sheena_Singh

May 31, 2012
Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate it.

Last Question: Do you remember how long did you wait before you got the call from the consulate? I just want to make sure I am back and available in that duration, even though I am aware the processing time of every application varies.

Thanks,
Sheena

CoolToo8190

Feb 10, 2012
I got a call exactly after 3 weeks after the application mailed to NY consulate and I went in person next week to get it stamped since I was not in a situation to mail passports and wait.

Let me inform you, the fastest way to get the application processed is to go to New York in person. You may be able to submit application on Day 1 and get passports stamped on Day 2 with visas. Your spouse's case would be handled by an attorney since company is sending him on intracompany transfer. Ask your spouse to speak directly with companys attorney. Company's internal immigration team may also be able to help if there is any.

If you can wait three-four weeks from today and then want to get it stamped go for option1. If stamping is required immediate go for option2.

Going in person to NY will cost you some extra bucks. But there is nothing more than peace of mind. :)

All the best.

Mar 20, 2013
Hello everyone,

Do you need an LMO for intra company transfer? What are all the documents needed? I am just starting the process and any guidance is appreciated.

Thank You.