+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intra-company Transferee Application- URGENT

Jan 12, 2017
Any advice is welcomed.

I work for a large bank with operations in both the US and Canada. For the past 1.5 years i have worked in their American headquarters. My husband was offered a job in Canada and he accepted the position as a skilled worker in July. When he accepted the position I was on maternity leave and moved with him to Canada while on leave. I was granted an open work permit as the spouse of a skilled worker at the time of entry knowing that I would continue to work for the bank in Canada. However, I was not sure what that job looked like at the time. Since moving to Canada, I have returned from maternity and my company has offered to transfer my position full-time to Canada as a functional manager. My job transfer position meets the qualifications for senior management. Again. I currently have an open work permit valid through March 2018 that would allow me to accept the position and work until my open work permit expires. However, my new position is 3 years and the intra-company transfer visa would guarantee me the ability to stay in Canada for the entire length of the position without being dependent on my husband's job.

I have a few specific questions:

1) I will be applying at a POE as we are currently in Canada. What specific documentation do I need, and does being in Canada currently disqualify me?

2) If for some reason my visa application for intra-company transferee is denied will it affect my valid open work permit as the spouse of a skilled worker?

3) Other than providing me with proof of job offer and job detail description/responsibilities, is my company required to do anything? Remember I am applying from a POE and can get access to any required documentation.

Thank you for your advice!

Kendall

bhargavbhavi

Star Member
Apr 7, 2016
kendallaustin12 said:
Any advice is welcomed.

I work for a large bank with operations in both the US and Canada. For the past 1.5 years i have worked in their American headquarters. My husband was offered a job in Canada and he accepted the position as a skilled worker in July. When he accepted the position I was on maternity leave and moved with him to Canada while on leave. I was granted an open work permit as the spouse of a skilled worker at the time of entry knowing that I would continue to work for the bank in Canada. However, I was not sure what that job looked like at the time. Since moving to Canada, I have returned from maternity and my company has offered to transfer my position full-time to Canada as a functional manager. My job transfer position meets the qualifications for senior management. Again. I currently have an open work permit valid through March 2018 that would allow me to accept the position and work until my open work permit expires. However, my new position is 3 years and the intra-company transfer visa would guarantee me the ability to stay in Canada for the entire length of the position without being dependent on my husband's job.

I have a few specific questions:

1) I will be applying at a POE as we are currently in Canada. What specific documentation do I need, and does being in Canada currently disqualify me?

2) If for some reason my visa application for intra-company transferee is denied will it affect my valid open work permit as the spouse of a skilled worker?

3) Other than providing me with proof of job offer and job detail description/responsibilities, is my company required to do anything? Remember I am applying from a POE and can get access to any required documentation.

Thank you for your advice!

Kendall
hello dear!!

i think its a great chance for you to get ICT visa need to make sure for the position you apply for.
be positive you will get it but if not still there are plenty of option open for you.

i have applied for intra company transfree visa,was first deputed in africa then transfered to uae and now my company want me in canada but its looks there is more skill,advance expertise and expartriate knowledge need.
one time my visa got rejected although having 9 years of experienc in same field and company.Hope will get the visa in second attemp.

so if your position is not geniune then your employer must need to obtain LMIA.