waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in His time
Hi,

I am not sure if this topic is still being read or not but for the previous members who are in this topic, could someone advise me on my situation?

I applied for an ICT WP and my husband's SOWP via online application last April 12,2013.
I also recieved the confirmation email on the same day.
I am working here in Singapore and also a Filipino.
The document checklist that was requested online does not include any police clearance from both of us, so we did not include any of it.
As of the moment, I haven't recieve any email or update from them about my application, but it is still only 20 days from submission so I guess it is still early to follow up.

Is there anyone here who has been in the same boat as I am? If so, how long did it take for the processing?

Appreciate anyone who would find time to reply.

keai_253

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-22-2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
submitted with the application package
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in His time
Hi Guys, Just like to share my experience and hope that others will benefit from it.

I have applied online for Intra Company Transfer Work Permit and an Open Work Permit for my husband.
Even if it is online, High Commission of Canada in Singapore is the office in charge for processing our application.
Because we both have valid Employment Pass here in Singapore.

Our application was successfully submitted on April 12,2013 and we received the submission confirmation at the same day.
Then we got our Police Clearance Request on May 8,2013.
Please note that Singapore Police Clearance for foreigners will only be issue upon a valid request from a specific embassy.
Then after 15 working days of processing the SG Police Clearance, we uploaded the clearance via MyCIC online tool on May 30,2013.
We never received any email confirmation that they received it.
So I send an email to the HCC in SG to verify and they replied back to us a week later confirming the receipt of the clearances.

After two weeks from the submission of police clearance, we received the passport request via email last June 17,2013.
So we headed down to the HCC yesterday morning to submit our passports and collected them at the same day together with the
Letter of Introduction.

Over all our application took 2 months and 5 calendar days.

Hope this could help anyone in similar situation.

Krishnasg

Jun 23, 2013
Thanks for posting the response. I am in similar situation like yours.

I lodged my application on the 14th July , on 2nd of Sep 2013 got request for PCC. So looking forward for the visa.

element1234

Jun 15, 2013
Hi Guys, I am here in sg too. I lodge my application last july 19,2013. and they told me 45 days of processing. so hopefully I could have coc request from them. hows the processing here in sg? is it really fast?

Krishnasg

Jun 23, 2013
element1234 said:
Hi Guys, I am here in sg too. I lodge my application last july 19,2013. and they told me 45 days of processing. so hopefully I could have coc request from them. hows the processing here in sg? is it really fast?
Element1234 , are you intra company transfer ?.. Did you get request for PCC yet.

If i look at past timelines , i have a feeling the processing is slightly delayed due to to the Strike. Does any one know if application reached the request for PCC , dose it mean the application is in the last stage of processing....

str8sens

Jun 10, 2015
DELAYED Intra-Company Transfer Work Permit and Visa Processing in Singapore

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone has any recent updates on ICT application and processing time in Singapore?

I have been reading from the forum on many fortunate applicants in Singapore and India have been getting their ICT work permit approved in 2-6 weeks. I applied online on mid-March and been checking the CIC website almost every week but status is still "Open" and final decision is still "Not Started". I have asked the Canadian immigration lawyer appointed by the company to ask for an update since 6 weeks ago but nothing came back from the visa office yet.

Is the new "improved" Express Entry introduced this year SLOWING the rest of the work permit application down? Though ICT should not be categorized under the same LMIA work permit processing time of 5 months, I was wondering if anyone ever asked why is it so slow of 5 months compared to India of 2 months. Just wondering if lots of applicants goes through Singapore Visa Office or are they just slower in processing.

Do share your thoughts and experiences.

mistral

Dec 27, 2014
not sure why Singapore has 5 months of processing time, though it sounds weird. One reason could be this post is may be relatively small so less manpower etc.

FYI processing time was 6 months in April/May so it has gone down a bit.

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
mistral said:
not sure why Singapore has 5 months of processing time, though it sounds weird. One reason could be this post is may be relatively small so less manpower etc.

FYI processing time was 6 months in April/May so it has gone down a bit.
Our timeline:

LMIA approval: 05 Dec 2014
Resubmit Application: 16 Dec 2014
Police Clearance request: May 11, 2015
Submitted Police Clearance: May 28, 2015
Passport request: still waiting... been waiting for almost 3 weeks...

previously 3 months waiting before police clearance request and 1 week waiting for passport request after submission of coc.

Now the processing is so slow in singapore... Its 5 months waiting till clearance request then another 3 weeks or 1 month waiting for passport request after submitting coc...

getting frustrated since I already resigned in my company as I thought only 1 week waiting for passport request... :mad:

str8sens

Jun 10, 2015
KJG09, thanks for your timeline. Did you originally applied for ICT and it was rejected? Could you share your experience on that? I always thought ICT would be faster than the normal work permit, which is 5-6 months of processing with LMIA.

I'm almost in the same boat, was planning to take a leave of absence from current company to complete the ICT processing (and enjoy few weeks of vacation). But if it is going to delay for few months, I might need to save up to make sure I could sustain myself during this period of waiting.

What do you think it's best to do next? Call/ email/ visit Canadian embassy in Singapore?

Another thought I had is that I applied to Vancouver, and currently there is a "pause" period from March to July for Vancouver immigration office to revice the work/immigration process. Was wondering if that would delay the processing as well. Or is the ICT / work permit solely on Singapore visa office only. Thoughts?

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
str8sens said:
KJG09, thanks for your timeline. Did you originally applied for ICT and it was rejected? Could you share your experience on that? I always thought ICT would be faster than the normal work permit, which is 5-6 months of processing with LMIA.

I'm almost in the same boat, was planning to take a leave of absence from current company to complete the ICT processing (and enjoy few weeks of vacation). But if it is going to delay for few months, I might need to save up to make sure I could sustain myself during this period of waiting.

What do you think it's best to do next? Call/ email/ visit Canadian embassy in Singapore?

Another thought I had is that I applied to Vancouver, and currently there is a "pause" period from March to July for Vancouver immigration office to revice the work/immigration process. Was wondering if that would delay the processing as well. Or is the ICT / work permit solely on Singapore visa office only. Thoughts?
Yes, it was 1st rejected since they required us to get LMIA even under international mobility program. we applied August 16, 2014 then rejected at 0ct 5, 2014. The company applied for lmia and it was approved last 05 Dec 2014. We applied work permit again last 16 Dec 2014..

After submitting the police clearance, we are still waiting for PPR for almost 1 month now.. Its difficult to get work permit nowadays...

str8sens

Jun 10, 2015
And if you don't mind me asking, what NOC and category of ICT did you apply? And what was the rejection reason? I'm now worried that my ICT might be in the same situation. Hopefully not since the company engaged an immigration lawyer and they should be on top of these matters. :$

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
str8sens said:
And if you don't mind me asking, what NOC and category of ICT did you apply? And what was the rejection reason? I'm now worried that my ICT might be in the same situation. Hopefully not since the company engaged an immigration lawyer and they should be on top of these matters. :$
He is a software engr. I am not sure which NOC. I guessed 2171. Now almost 1 month and 2 days after uploading police clearance, still no PPR. We are very frustrated :'(