+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

intra company transfer : Can I get permanent residence later

Deepak K

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Hi
I have received a Job offer from Canadian employer and for immigration they are proposing to Get hired in there branch in India and than intra company transfer to Canada.

My Doubt is whether I can apply for permanent residence later when I will be in Canada ??

Thanks
Deepak

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Deepak K said:
Hi
I have received a Job offer from Canadian employer and for immigration they are proposing to Get hired in there branch in India and than intra company transfer to Canada.

My Doubt is whether I can apply for permanent residence later when I will be in Canada ??

Thanks
Deepak
They will probably run into a problem with an intra-company transferee, since it appear that you are not work for them yet.

From the WP Manual

General requirements
Intra-company transferees may apply for work permits under the general provision if they:
• are seeking entry to work in a parent, subsidiary, branch, or affiliate of a multi-national
company;
• will be undertaking employment at a legitimate and continuing establishment of that company
(where 18-24 months can be used as a reasonable minimum guideline);
• are taking a position in a Executive, Senior Managerial, or Specialized Knowledge capacity;
have been employed by the company outside Canada in a similar full-time position (not
accumulated part-time) for one year in the three-year period immediately preceding the date of
application.
Extensions may be granted up to the 5 and 7 year maximums referred to in the
tables at the end of this section (5.31) and in the table in section 11.2.