+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interviewed (Seoul), did medical, then DM without asking for biopage?

stevelo

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

So we went together for my wife's interview. Afterwards the officer asked my wife to redo her medical. We ended up doing the medical in Korea as the VO told us it is faster that way.

Then last night on my wife's ECAS the home address changed to Vancouver, BC Canada with no specific number or street. Mailing address did not change. This morning status is now "Decision Made".

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision

Does anyone know why they change the home address? is it good/bad?

On the other hand, they didn't ask us for passport biopage (they did ask us for it way back in August 2012 so we submitted it then) Is it still ok? We know Korea is a visa-exempt country, but we had the impression that submitting passport biopage was the last step? Or was the previous submission still ok in the system?

We are super-nervous.. any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
stevelo said:
Hi guys,

So we went together for my wife's interview. Afterwards the officer asked my wife to redo her medical. We ended up doing the medical in Korea as the VO told us it is faster that way.

Then last night on my wife's ECAS the home address changed to Vancouver, BC Canada with no specific number or street. Mailing address did not change. This morning status is now "Decision Made".

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision

Does anyone know why they change the home address? is it good/bad?

On the other hand, they didn't ask us for passport biopage (they did ask us for it way back in August 2012 so we submitted it then) Is it still ok? We know Korea is a visa-exempt country, but we had the impression that submitting passport biopage was the last step? Or was the previous submission still ok in the system?

We are super-nervous.. any info would be appreciated! Thanks!
It's good! :) congrats.... same happened to me! my "current home address" suddenly appeared ( and also as "Vancouver, BC, Canada", as I had indicated in my application that we intended to settle in Vancouver), and 8hours later, ecas changed into Decision Made! so... the VO now considers that home for your wife is Canada...

Previous submission is enough - my VO ( London) doesn't ask for it, they assume that the one that you send with the original application is the correct one, and issue the COPR based on that. Some VO like to make a check before, and ask again for a scanned version, but if you submitted it in August, that's quite close to the issuance of the COPR...

So - congrats on being done, no reason to be nervous, you only need to wait for the COPR to show up at the door via post, it will be sent to the address indicated in the application - so depending on how far you live from the VO, from a couple of days to a couple of weeks... but start packing! :)

Sweden

stevelo

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope you are right Sweden! Still stressed out... already waited a lot longer than the estimated time so I know we should be so trained on being patient by now, but it's driving us crazy!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
stevelo said:
I hope you are right Sweden! Still stressed out... already waited a lot longer than the estimated time so I know we should be so trained on being patient by now, but it's driving us crazy!
the last few weeks are the worst indeed, but if your wife "home address" has been updated to Canada, then it's all good! but of course, you'll be able to finally relax when you get the COPR in your hands - but consider yourself done! :) welcome to Canada (from a very recently landed PR...)

Sweden

stevelo

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh I hope we can get the copr before Christmas time then! Post office is so busy this time of year.

Why wouldn't the just post 'Yes' or 'No' along with DM? Couldn't sleep last night!

achkorea

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
AOR Received.
22-06-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011
Med's Request
Medical received 31-10-2011 (Medical exp., new med request) May/2012
Med's Done....
11-04-2011 (2nd Med compl May/2012)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Passport biopage and mailing address req. 17-8-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-12-2012
Stevelo,
One thing I've learned is that there is no typical last step. We had 2 more doc. requests after they received our biopage. My partner received his COPR before the e-cas changed. Before, people kept saying 'Decision Made' on e-cas was a bad thing and now they're saying it's a good thing. Who knows? Your case and our case have been so up and down, we are so happy to have received the COPR--it's been a huge weight off our shoulders. All the best of luck with this! I'm pulling for you and have been continuing to check regularly to see if you've received any news. Take care.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hey Stevelo,

When submitting our app through Seoul office, we included the bio-page along with the original application. So at the end (4 months later) they didn't bother asking for it again.

Also our status changed to "Decision Made" online, and then we received the COPR in the mail (in Toronto) exactly 1 week later. The visa was actually issued the previous week but i guess it wasn't updated to "DM" until the week after, so was already in the mail. So hopefully you will get some great news in the mail before xmas!

stevelo

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
achkorea said:
Stevelo,
One thing I've learned is that there is no typical last step. We had 2 more doc. requests after they received our biopage. My partner received his COPR before the e-cas changed. Before, people kept saying 'Decision Made' on e-cas was a bad thing and now they're saying it's a good thing. Who knows? Your case and our case have been so up and down, we are so happy to have received the COPR--it's been a huge weight off our shoulders. All the best of luck with this! I'm pulling for you and have been continuing to check regularly to see if you've received any news. Take care.
Thanks Achkorea. We are hoping for good news before Christmas so we can actually celebrate this time!

stevelo

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
Hey Stevelo,

When submitting our app through Seoul office, we included the bio-page along with the original application. So at the end (4 months later) they didn't bother asking for it again.

Also our status changed to "Decision Made" online, and then we received the COPR in the mail (in Toronto) exactly 1 week later. The visa was actually issued the previous week but i guess it wasn't updated to "DM" until the week after, so was already in the mail. So hopefully you will get some great news in the mail before xmas!
Yeah. We are hoping since home address is now changed to "Vancouver, BC Canada". We've checked the forum and looks like this is a positive sign but I wish they could just go ahead and put "CONGRATS" instead of "Decision Made"

stevelo

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the way achkorea, when you got decision made, did your spouse (applicant) get a new "home address" indication? When we had decision made, my wife's home address said "Vancouver, BC Canada"; Mailing address was beside that and shows full address as before; just the addition of home address.

How long after DM did you get the copr?

Every office is a little different, so it's good to hear from Seoul office people about their specific experience! Thanks in advance guys!

achkorea

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
AOR Received.
22-06-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-12-2012
We got DM after the COPR. The address has been Canada for about 6 months and the mailing has been Korea since then.

stevelo

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
achkorea said:
We got DM after the COPR. The address has been Canada for about 6 months and the mailing has been Korea since then.
So, they actually changed your home address to [City] [prov] Canada for 6 months but mailing was also changed to Korea at the same time? Was the mailing address change because you sent some correspondence indicating Korean mailing address?

I also assume then the copr was sent to your Korean mailing address.. was there any change of addresses for the home address after DM was indicated on the website anyway?

Mainly, I want to know if an update of home address to just [city] [prov] Canada is a definite sign of PR approval. From checking this forum, it would seem that most people who had this address change did get their PR; though some did not have this happen and still got it. Which makes me think too much and wonder if the change in address really means what people say!

Well nothing to do besides thinking anyway; already too much stress tried to hit the mall to do some Christmas shopping and realized adding more stress to the schedule was not such a brilliant idea!

achkorea

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
AOR Received.
22-06-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-12-2012
No, it is not. They changed his in August. It did go to the Korean address. I've realised that what people say to be true about the outcome seems rarely to be the case. Don't try to predict the result, just be confident in knowing that you have proven to them that you are a genuine couple, which is really the only thing they want to be sure of. This time of year is stressful enough, we stopped checking e-cas and tried to put it out of our minds...then it came.
Best wishes!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
stevelo said:
Hi guys,
We got copr and just landed!
Awesome, congrats!!

achkorea

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
AOR Received.
22-06-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-12-2012
stevelo said:
Hi guys,

We got copr and just landed! Thanks everybody for your help and support through this very long journey.

We did our landing at the US/Canada border (douglas / Peach Arch). Some helpful notes for future landers:

- go early! Avoid crazy line-ups on the US border (shopping ppl). Also in the morning time there is absolutely nobody in the Canadian building and you can get processed right away.

- somebody else commented you could exit at Beach Ave (Exit #1) and walk to the border; was very helpful. Saved about 1 hr of waiting in the car. The exit can be reached by driving in the Nexus lane (you might not have Nexus but you won't need it as the Beach #1 exit happens before you have to show Nexus ID)

- they only needed passport (+ proof of legal status in Canada, if you are doing the flagpoling), + COPR

- short questions just to confirm everything that is written on the COPR. + they want your mailing address.

- you do get a Canadian flag.

Thanks again for everyone's help and support! :D
That's awesome!! Congrats!!! I'm somewhat tempted to ask the WTF took so long for all of us, but I'm so happy it's over! I'm sure you feel the same and it is a great way to start the new year!! Happy New Year!