+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview ?

hambousha

Jan 9, 2015
Guys
My friend that i asked about earlier waiting for more than 6 months for response git an email for an interview at the embassy!
From your experience why interviews are there?
How they might accept or reject during the interview?
If ok; would the embassy take the passport to put the visas or it is just a step and he should wait again?

Thanks a lot

Alberta Semi Skilled

Jun 28, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-07-2017
Passport Req..
12-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2018
LANDED..........
26-09-2018
Feels like it's you, not your friend

hambousha

Jan 9, 2015
I am a PR already and he has no account here
Either you help or keep a space for others to help please
Thanks

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys
My friend that i asked about earlier waiting for more than 6 months for response git an email for an interview at the embassy!
From your experience why interviews are there?
How they might accept or reject during the interview?
If ok; would the embassy take the passport to put the visas or it is just a step and he should wait again?

Thanks a lot
May be his name is the same as a terrorist or criminal? I never heard one need interview for Express Entry.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-pr-interview-t351465.0.html

"Interview - RPRF - PPR - COPR ....all within 90 minutes!!!

It was awesome guys, God was on my side. I couldnt believe it. The VO said they called me
1) for quality check, just a random candidate to see if their interview waiver system was a good idea
2) also for the issues highlighted on my notes, to give an opportunity to explain myself.

He was so patient and kind. He was convinced after a few questions and said..."It's obvious you're a legit candidate for PR, lets speed this process forward. I want you to leave here with everything sorted today"!

He then asked us to pay RPRF and hubby RAN out to nearest internet cafe to sort it out (they don't accept credit cards there at that office). Upon return, they stamped passport and issued COPR letter......it was like a dream.

Thank you so much everyone for your help and advice, much appreciated. Now for us to land."

There is a bunch of information regarding interviews in this forum. Use the search feature.

CathyKellyChen

Mar 7, 2017
China
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2015
Nomination.....
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-02-2017
Interview........
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-pr-interview-t351465.0.html

"Interview - RPRF - PPR - COPR ....all within 90 minutes!!!

It was awesome guys, God was on my side. I couldnt believe it. The VO said they called me
1) for quality check, just a random candidate to see if their interview waiver system was a good idea
2) also for the issues highlighted on my notes, to give an opportunity to explain myself.

He was so patient and kind. He was convinced after a few questions and said..."It's obvious you're a legit candidate for PR, lets speed this process forward. I want you to leave here with everything sorted today"!

He then asked us to pay RPRF and hubby RAN out to nearest internet cafe to sort it out (they don't accept credit cards there at that office). Upon return, they stamped passport and issued COPR letter......it was like a dream.

Thank you so much everyone for your help and advice, much appreciated. Now for us to land."

There is a bunch of information regarding interviews in this forum. Use the search feature.
Thank you for sharing. I got married after my first PPR and received an interview request for me and my husband days ago. The instructions told us to bring passports and two passport-size photos (50*70) respectively, so I suppose we'll get our COPR immedately after we pass the interview.
But my first medical expired back in Feb this year, and the instructions didn't ask me for a second one. So I'm wondering, will the COPR still be valid without a recent medical ?

I'd appreciate if you can share the questions VO had asked you and you spouse.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for sharing. I got married after my first PPR and received an interview request for me and my husband days ago. The instructions told us to bring passports and two passport-size photos (50*70) respectively, so I suppose we'll get our COPR immedately after we pass the interview.
But my first medical expired back in Feb this year, and the instructions didn't ask me for a second one. So I'm wondering, will the COPR still be valid without a recent medical ?

I'd appreciate if you can share the questions VO had asked you and you spouse.
Your medical does not necessary need to be valid in order to obtain the COPR.

I did not have an interview, I simply provided information that can be found in the forum.

Reactions: CathyKellyChen

CathyKellyChen

Mar 7, 2017
China
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2015
Nomination.....
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-02-2017
Interview........
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
Your medical does not necessary need to be valid in order to obtain the COPR.

I did not have an interview, I simply provided information that can be found in the forum.
Thank you for your input !