Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
24-06-2016
Interview........
17-8-2016
LANDED..........
17-8-2016
OMG! I got an email from CIC with my interview date!!! I thought I was gonna barf I was so excited when I got the email!

'We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview is for: August 17th 2016 at 9AM'

I am excited/nervous at the same time. Me and my Canadian bf have been together for nearly 4 years and lived together for just over 2 years! I'm so stoked! I was hoping to get a little insight from someone who has been through this or knows the process.. What I should expect? Will they question my partner too? What kind of stuff will they ask us? Are they nice about it or is it an interrogation?

I've read online in other forums that the interview is really short, however someone I know personally has done this a couple of years ago and said her Jamaican spouse was questioned for close to 3 hours..

Any insight/advice/word of wisdom all help :) thank you!

ra03ra

Champion Member
May 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA - Aug 23, 2016
Med's Done....
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
03/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
13/01/2017
......Start making love to each other the moment they ask you both to sit..... ;D ;D....

....jk :p

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
EmmaBambi said:
OMG! I got an email from CIC with my interview date!!! I thought I was gonna barf I was so excited when I got the email!

'We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview is for: August 17th 2016 at 9AM'

I am excited/nervous at the same time. Me and my Canadian bf have been together for nearly 4 years and lived together for just over 2 years! I'm so stoked! I was hoping to get a little insight from someone who has been through this or knows the process.. What I should expect? Will they question my partner too? What kind of stuff will they ask us? Are they nice about it or is it an interrogation?

I've read online in other forums that the interview is really short, however someone I know personally has done this a couple of years ago and said her Jamaican spouse was questioned for close to 3 hours..

I hope you can figure out why you are being interviewed and prepared to deal with their interest in that reason.

EmmaBambi

Jan 27, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
24-06-2016
Interview........
17-8-2016
LANDED..........
17-8-2016
Figure it out? I thought most people got interviewed? Literally everyone I've spoken to about PR online or in person has been through some sort of interview. I'm not taking it as a bad thing. I was just hoping to speak with someone who has had an interview before ....

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
EmmaBambi said:
Figure it out? I thought most people got interviewed? Literally everyone I've spoken to about PR online or in person has been through some sort of interview. I'm not taking it as a bad thing. I was just hoping to speak with someone who has had an interview before ....
Not trying to scare you but no an interview does not happen for everyone. Actually a minority. Especially if you come from a visa exempt country.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EmmaBambi said:
very small percentage of people get interviewed , depends on the region of PA . Usually this happen when you don't send enough relationship evidence or there is an issue immigration want to clear it out .
Make sure to look at your application , remember dates and names etc .

Good luck

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
EmmaBambi said:

The most important thing is to be honest...speak from the heart....and you will be nervous and that is normal...wear a lot of deodorant....wear comfortable clothes that are is not beachwear!!!....and be yourself....

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
EmmaBambi said:
People who apply inland get a 'landing' interview where they just confirm your details, maybe that is why you are confused. Not everyone gets a full-on interview though - only if there is some confusion/questions about your relationship.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
OP applied inland, so this is simply a landing interview, not a relationship interview.

EmmaBambi said:
What I should expect? Will they question my partner too? What kind of stuff will they ask us? Are they nice about it or is it an interrogation?
They will ask a few basic questions, get you to sign some forms and then you will be a PR.

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
I believe the OP applied inland. So the interview will be short and as a formality for landing.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
EmmaBambi said:

This is a landing interview. Nothing of great concern. It will be short and sweet and only big question will be of your spouse if he still wants to proceed with your sponsorship. There are other types of interviews, as described on this thread, but yours is not one of them. Yours is the good, anticipated, do not sweat it kind.

Good luck on the next stage of your Canadian life!

EmmaBambi

Jan 27, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
24-06-2016
Interview........
17-8-2016
LANDED..........
17-8-2016
Thank you for your responses everyone. It really helped and I feel a lot more at ease now :)

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
EmmaBambi said:
Thank you for your responses everyone. It really helped and I feel a lot more at ease now :)
Yes, just a short landing 'interview'. NOT a full 'relationship genuineness interview'.

Should be less than 15 minutes. Just a few things to be prepared for just in case.

They sometimes ask to see sponsors ID...not in our case though.

They sometimes ask to see some proof that applicant is living at the same address as sponsor. This is rare but has messed up a few peoples' simple landing. So bring some bills/letters/something with the address that matches sponsors....didn't need it in our case.

Other than the above they will just ask the applicant a couple questions - do you have any children/dependants not already listed? - any criminal charges? - any refusal of entry to Canada?

Then just confirm some info and sign the papers. Done.

Hope that helps.