+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

interview required for a visitor visa

mohamed1981

Nov 20, 2012
Hi all. I applied for a visitor visa from Egypt for me and my wife and my children. After 3 weeks they asked me only for an interview. So am asking what will they ask for in the interview? Is this a good sign for obtaining the visa ? When will i know their decision? after the interview directly? Thanks a lot

wtfrutalkingabout

Oct 17, 2012
mohamed1981 said:
Hi all. I applied for a visitor visa from Egypt for me and my wife and my children. After 3 weeks they asked me only for an interview. So am asking what will they ask for in the interview? Is this a good sign for obtaining the visa ? When will i know their decision? after the interview directly? Thanks a lot
Well in my country we don't have to get a visa in order to visit Canada, how ever we do need a visa to visit America and as far as I know the interview is about to convince them that you really are going to travel and not to work illegally.
Maybe because of all of the wars in the middle east they suspect you might enter Canada and apply to stay as a refugee or something.. I don't know.
Anyway, the idea is to prove that you have strong ties to your home country(like a permanent job, a house that you bought, kids etc..) and you want to enter Canada in order to visit only and go back home when you're done.

Good Luck!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mohamed1981 said:
1. It is to know your plans in Canada.
2. Actually it is sort of in the middle. Usually visitors are either refused or issued TRVs without an interview, it is only when the evidence is neither wholly positive or negative, will an interview be held.