+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview in Los Angeles for both me and my wife - please help

simmysam

Mar 13, 2014
Hi Guys,

Need you help on this

Me and my wife have been called for an interview in Los-angeles

Below is the email contents that we got:

Please announce your arrival immediately to the Reception window in the Immigration Waiting Room in order to avoid delays in the start of your interview. Every effort will be made to attend to you as quickly as possible following your check-in at the appointed hour but, as we cannot guarantee how long your interview will take, you should be prepared to make yourself available to answer questions at any time during the entire day.

Your sponsor/spouse/common-law partner is recommended to accompany you to the interview, as a visa officer may need to address questions to them concerning your relationship and/or concerning your eligibility and/or admissibility.

The date and time of your interview appointment as indicated above is the earliest available and it will be the ONLY opportunity granted for you to attend an interview at this office. We will NOT entertain rescheduling request. If you are unable to attend the scheduled interview, a decision will be made on your application based on the information available. This could result in the refusal of your application.

Please be advised that under the Immigration & Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), which came into force on 28 June 2002, there is no longer a provision for transfer of your file to another office should you be unable to attend an interview at this office.

If you are residing outside of the United States, it is your responsibility to obtain legal entry to the U.S.A. in order to attend the scheduled interview. We cannot intercede should the U.S. authorities refuse your visa application to the United States. If you are residing in Canada, it is not possible to provide any assurance of re-admission to Canada following your interview.

Please read the enclosed interview information carefully and ensure that you bring the originals of all relevant documents to the interview. In the meantime, DO NOT send us any documents or questions concerning your application. Save them and bring them with you to your interview. Failure to present ALL of the relevant original documents may result in a refusal of your application.

Finally, our request for you to attend an interview does not imply that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been approved. Please do not take any irrevocable steps to dispose of property, terminate employment, make moving or travel plans, or commit yourself in any way until you receive a positive decision on your application and your permanent residence visa.

Yours sincerely,

Immigration Section

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION/DOCUMENTATION TO YOUR INTERVIEW

As an applicant for permanent residence in Canada, it is your responsibility to provide the Immigration Section of the Consulate General in Los Angeles with relevant documentation supporting the information that you have provided to us on your application form. All of the forms, certificates and photocopies of documents that you have already submitted are contained on a file created under your name transferred to Los Angeles. We now request additional documentation to assist in taking a final decision concerning your application, including seeing the originals of the documents that you may have already submitted in photocopied format.

On the day of your interview, we ask that you bring with you to the Consulate General all of the original relevant documents that support your application for permanent residence in Canada. Upon checking in at the Reception window in the Immigration Waiting Room at the Consulate General in Los Angeles, we ask that you PRESENT TO THE RECEPTIONIST the FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:

They have asked for a list of documents to carry with us

Can anyone please share their experience at this office on how the process and procedure will go on and any information will be greatly appreciated.

I think they have concerns regarding our marriage, so please any help will be helpful

melidupuis05

Jan 11, 2016
Hi! I just got this same email today!
Have you already had your interview? Can you give me any information on what to expect?

Anything you remember could be helpful!
Thanks!
Melissa

EPP

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
IELTS Request
Celpip sent with application
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
Had CiC asked any one of you for proof of relationship before you were booked for an interview?

Ryska

Aug 10, 2016
Hello
I have a question to you because we are in kind of similar situation. I apply as live in caregiver for PR. I got married during the program so my husband who is American was include in my applications . They checked me they pre approve me , and they send papers from Alberta to Los Angeles . I don't understand why I apply from inside Canada . Anyways we send all the proofs that we are married and stuff like that they ask only about his application no my anymore . My question is do you think we need to go to intervie as married couple .? If so its hard to pass it we still leave separate ? It's just wierd they send those documents there and they never said anything why I called and ask nothing .
Please give me any answer if you know anything
Thanks
Have a good one