+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview Call from LVO in Abu Dhabi.........

frezzzzz

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
Pak
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
Doc's Request.
2 PCC, UK and PAK
Nomination.....
20-01-2015
Med's Request
28 Dec 2015
Interview........
October-2015-PASSED
Single applicant

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
frezzzzz said:
Hy managersonline,

Yes i have been called for interview. I am due in october.
Timelines are given below.

App filed.....22 jan 14
Per........22 jan 15
E-mail for interview.....6 aug 2015
I think that you have made typing mistake regarding application filed date?? is it really 22nd Jan 2014???

Moreover could you please share more of your details? from where did you apply? and your nationality? And under which FSWP program did you apply? FSWP2013 or FSWP2014??

What could be the reason for interview call?

rabiboy

Dec 22, 2014
UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 August 2014
Nomination.....
03 December 2014
Med's Request
05 October 2015
Med's Done....
19 October 2015
Interview........
04 October 2015
Passport Req..
28 October 2015 Passport Submitted: 19 November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa On Hand: 16 December 2015.. Thank GOD!!!
Hello Everyone,

I had an interview recently at Canadian Embassy Abu Dhabi. My interview experience with the Visa Officer is such a wonderful experience. The VO is very nice, kind and polite enough to make you comfortable during the session.

Most of the questions are focused on my current job, I think the VO wants to check if my current job matches the NOC which I have applied for.
I have also listed few of the questions that I can remember on top of my head.

- Tell me about your previous jobs
- What is your typical workday
- What is your current job description
- What are the qualifications required for your current job
- Examples of my work / projects
- Provide scenarios and details about my current job
- Projects that I am currently working on
- Describe how the implementation process works
- Provide details about project plans
- Provide details about the Learning Management System & how does it work
- Provide the name of the company that you are currently working on
- Where in Canada do I want to settle and why

She told me that she was satisfied with my answers and collected the updated forms (Schedule A, Your Travels & Additional family Information) as well as our police clearance.

She then told me about the next step which is our medical and if everything is ok will proceed with Visa Stamping.

I have also listed few of the things that might help you prepare for an interview:

1. Stay away from caffeine (Redbull & Coffee) - A friend advised me to stay away from caffeine to avoid jitters.
2. Do a mock interview for several days - I would highly recommend this method, my wife has been very supportive to me and she manage to ask me all of the possible questions from this forum. After our session, she always provide her comments and it helped me a lot. Thanks to my wife for being supportive.
3. Be confident - Relax and take a deep breath, it will come to a point that you'll get nervous and staying away from caffeine helped me a lot.
4. Know your job - The VO can ask anything about your job, do not lie and tell the truth.
5. Look in the eyes of the VO, smile when you can, keep your hands on top of the table and establish a positive body language.
6. Do not rush when you're answering a question, make sure that you understand the question.

I hope the above helps.

All the best for all aspirants!

RC

vedette

Jul 21, 2015
rabiboy said:
Hello Everyone,

I had an interview recently at Canadian Embassy Abu Dhabi. My interview experience with the Visa Officer is such a wonderful experience. The VO is very nice, kind and polite enough to make you comfortable during the session.

Most of the questions are focused on my current job, I think the VO wants to check if my current job matches the NOC which I have applied for.
I have also listed few of the questions that I can remember on top of my head.

- Tell me about your previous jobs
- What is your typical workday
- What is your current job description
- What are the qualifications required for your current job
- Examples of my work / projects
- Provide scenarios and details about my current job
- Projects that I am currently working on
- Describe how the implementation process works
- Provide details about project plans
- Provide details about the Learning Management System & how does it work
- Provide the name of the company that you are currently working on
- Where in Canada do I want to settle and why

She told me that she was satisfied with my answers and collected the updated forms (Schedule A, Your Travels & Additional family Information) as well as our police clearance.

She then told me about the next step which is our medical and if everything is ok will proceed with Visa Stamping.

I have also listed few of the things that might help you prepare for an interview:

1. Stay away from caffeine (Redbull & Coffee) - A friend advised me to stay away from caffeine to avoid jitters.
2. Do a mock interview for several days - I would highly recommend this method, my wife has been very supportive to me and she manage to ask me all of the possible questions from this forum. After our session, she always provide her comments and it helped me a lot. Thanks to my wife for being supportive.
3. Be confident - Relax and take a deep breath, it will come to a point that you'll get nervous and staying away from caffeine helped me a lot.
4. Know your job - The VO can ask anything about your job, do not lie and tell the truth.
5. Look in the eyes of the VO, smile when you can, keep your hands on top of the table and establish a positive body language.
6. Do not rush when you're answering a question, make sure that you understand the question.

I hope the above helps.

All the best for all aspirants!

RC
Wow. Congrats Rabi. Really happy for your progress. May you receive MR soon.

Thanks alot for sharing your experience as many will benefit from this.

nivin

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Interview........
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Hi everyone,

I just completed my interview on the 5th of October at Abu Dhabi. It was a pretty stressful experience :D

I was scheduled for 0800 hrs and was called in by about 0815 hrs. I had taken my wife with me but she was not allowed inside. I checked with the interview office if I could bring her in and she said that it would not be necessary and she would proceed with just me.

She started off by asking for my updated Schedule A forms and continued to ask me some questions regarding job roles etc. She said that the worrying thing was that I had not presented them with my bank statement and that the website mentioned on my work experience letterhead was not functional. This took me by surprise since it was not mentioned anywhere on my case notes. I told her about the situation in Kuwait where the company was just a legal entity and it did not really need a website. She was not convinced and she said that I had not shown any proof regarding being paid for my work. I told her that I had 5 years worth of bank statements at my hotel room and that I could bring it to her. She was really kind and allowed me to go back and bring it back to her. I got the documents and all the required proof to her. She had asked me to leave it with the security guard but the guard told me that she wanted to meet me again. I was called again and she took a look at my bank statements etc. and was convinced. She went on to say that she had everything that she needed and asked me if I had looked for jobs, if I knew where I was headed, how cold it was etc. etc. I was told to expect an email in 2 weeks requesting for more documents if needed and the MR and RPRF. And that's how it went!

So please carry everything with you and be genuine. They are willing to go the extra mile to help you! Do not be tensed or worried about anything! :)

Good luck to you all!

rabiboy

Dec 22, 2014
UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 August 2014
Nomination.....
03 December 2014
Med's Request
05 October 2015
Med's Done....
19 October 2015
Interview........
04 October 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hi all,

After 2 days from my interview, I am pleased to inform you that I have received the much awaited medical request from LVO.

Thank God almighty!

Good luck to the rest of applicants for interview.

Regards,

RC

vedette

Jul 21, 2015
nivin said:
Hi everyone,

I just completed my interview on the 5th of October at Abu Dhabi. It was a pretty stressful experience :D

I was scheduled for 0800 hrs and was called in by about 0815 hrs. I had taken my wife with me but she was not allowed inside. I checked with the interview office if I could bring her in and she said that it would not be necessary and she would proceed with just me.

She started off by asking for my updated Schedule A forms and continued to ask me some questions regarding job roles etc. She said that the worrying thing was that I had not presented them with my bank statement and that the website mentioned on my work experience letterhead was not functional. This took me by surprise since it was not mentioned anywhere on my case notes. I told her about the situation in Kuwait where the company was just a legal entity and it did not really need a website. She was not convinced and she said that I had not shown any proof regarding being paid for my work. I told her that I had 5 years worth of bank statements at my hotel room and that I could bring it to her. She was really kind and allowed me to go back and bring it back to her. I got the documents and all the required proof to her. She had asked me to leave it with the security guard but the guard told me that she wanted to meet me again. I was called again and she took a look at my bank statements etc. and was convinced. She went on to say that she had everything that she needed and asked me if I had looked for jobs, if I knew where I was headed, how cold it was etc. etc. I was told to expect an email in 2 weeks requesting for more documents if needed and the MR and RPRF. And that's how it went!

So please carry everything with you and be genuine. They are willing to go the extra mile to help you! Do not be tensed or worried about anything! :)

Good luck to you all!
Oh that's tough dear. Was your hotel near? She was very kind indeed.

What is the duration of your interview?

vedette

Jul 21, 2015
rabiboy said:
Hi all,

After 2 days from my interview, I am pleased to inform you that I have received the much awaited medical request from LVO.

Thank God almighty!

Regards,

RC
MashaALLAH mashaALLAH Many Many Congrats Rabi:) A happy day for you:) mashaALLAH:)

At what time did you receive medicals and from which address?

Did the person who take your Interview tells her name?

What was the duration of your Interview?

Did she asked for updated Experience Letters?

rabiboy

Dec 22, 2014
UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 August 2014
Nomination.....
03 December 2014
Med's Request
05 October 2015
Med's Done....
19 October 2015
Interview........
04 October 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Thanks Vedette, it is indeed a happy day for me.

Please see my response below to your queries below.

At what time did you receive medicals and from which address?
Rc - I received the email from my consultant today at around 6pm but the actual email from VO was sent yesterday on Monday, October 05, 2015 2:50 PM. There are no email address from where it came from, I guess our consultant removed it for some reason.

Did the person who take your Interview tells her name?
Rc - Visa Officers are not allowed to divulge such information.

What was the duration of your Interview?
Rc - Not really aware of the time but I think it's around 30 mins. or so.

Did she asked for updated Experience Letters?
Rc- No, she didn't ask for it but I brought it with me just to be sure.

When is your interview? Have you ordered your GCMS notes?

lively

Jan 13, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rabiboy said:
Hi all,

Thank God almighty!

Regards,

RC
Congratulations.
Did the visa officer i terviewing you introduced her/himself to you with name?

MNAhmad

Dec 24, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Oct-14
Doc's Request.
03-May-16
Nomination.....
13-Feb-15
File Transfer...
13-Feb-15
Med's Request
04-Apr-16
Med's Done....
26-Apr-16
Passport Req..
15-Jul-16
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-16
LANDED..........
05-Oct-16
Any FSWP 2014 applicant who has interview scheduled at AbuDhabi after 15-October-2015. Please share the date of interview.

sharetocare

Oct 12, 2015
Hi,

I am a silent observer of this thread. I think its about time I share the information that I owe to this thread.

Here is my interview experience.

My interview was scheduled for 12:45pm. I arrived at the embassy at 12:00pm to check the place and went back down. Finally I arrived 10 minutes before the schedule time. Security check and mobile was secured in a locker. I took a seat in the waiting area and started waiting for my call anxiously.
Ting tong an announcement with my name to proceed to room number 4. I was greeted very pleasantly by the VO. She asked me how was my trip to Abu Dhabi? To sum up the initial exchange of words was purely to create rapport with me and make sure I am comfortable with the VO.

I was asked to hand over the passport, updated forms, POF and finally the updated experience letter.

I was clearly told the reason for my interview which was to verify my work experience.

Questions:
1. Explain what your company does?
2. Explain your department's role.
3. What's my job role in the department?
4. Why I left my company?

After listening to my reply for these four questions VO replied "No doubt on your eligibility, I am clearing it"

Rest of the questions were just formality to know more about my case which is not needed here. Then it was my turn to ask questions. We have a good laughs through out the interview. Interview lasted for 30 minutes.

Now a piece of advice to the candidates according to my experience.

1. Any interview is for a reason and you should judge the reason before you appear. You can order your file information or review your application or any explicit document request will help you judge it.
2. Now once you judge the reason be sure that VO jobs is to ask question only about the reason for which interview is called. They are very professional and don't want to wander here and there until and unless any answer of yours raise another question.
3. This calls for to be precise in your answers. You should judge the VO by gestures that how much information he/she is in mood to absorb.
4. Look straight into the eyes of VO and straight or smiling face according to the situation.
5. Be fare at all the times.
6. Carry as much documents as you can they will not look at all the documents but their interest is not known to you.
7. Relax its not an interrogation its just an interview like any other to clarify the information or doubts.

I don't need to add all the ethics here as they are already posted by others.

I wish you all a very pleasant experience.

nivin

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Interview........
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Hi guys,

Has anyone received post-interview follow-up emails from LVO yet?

Thanks

frezzzzz

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
Pak
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
Doc's Request.
2 PCC, UK and PAK
Nomination.....
20-01-2015
Med's Request
28 Dec 2015
Interview........
October-2015-PASSED
Hello Guys,

Is there any one who cleared interview and gave 2 Police Clearance Certificates (one from USA or UK). I provided 2 PCC. One from pak and second from UK. I cleared interview 2 weeks ago. My VO told me that now i have to wait for security clearance from Uk before I get MR. I just wanna know how long it takes to get MR after clearing interview keeping in mind the Pcc from UK as well.

Your replies will be appreciated.

Regards

Donjims

Oct 25, 2015
HI

I did my interview on 6th and visa officer told need the Background details form to be completed with the last 18 years and send to the visa office London. so I did and waiting the result. I had given the PCC from india and UAE. VO told me wait we will touch with you soon.still waiting

Praying GOD..

Thanks
Donjims