+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Internationally Trained Accountant switching to CPA Ontario

seanzl1983

Mar 21, 2016
Hi, everyone. This is my first post in this forum.

I am a Chinese, who studied and worked in Ireland before. Now I am a chartered accountant, as a member of Institute of Chartered Accountant in Ireland. I got the confirmation of PR recently, and decide to move to Toronto in summer time.

As "Reciprocal Membership " agreement between Ireland CA and Canada CPA, I am allowed to apply for the CPA Ontario directly. Here are some my questions faces during the filling in the application form:

1) According to CPA Ontario , one of the documents need to submitted is "a copy or your permanent resident card (front and back) or other goverment documentation showing the date you first became a resident of Canada"
does it mean I only can submit my application only when I received my PR card? will the confirmation of PR do?

2)when filling in the ”International Candidate Application Form, “Evidence of previous practical experience (see form Practical Experience Certificate For Internationally Trained Candidates). A completetd Practical Experience Certificate for each former employer and current employer must be submitted" . however, no such form or certificate could be found in the web?
Can anyone who had the similar experience can give me some advise?

Thanks for you to reading my post and I look forward to hearing from you soon

Sean. Z

hegarty147

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016 (RPRF Paid Upfront March 29th)
Hey I am in the same situation as you , did you sort it out ?