+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International students

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Honeyaustin said:
i saw this report back in july when it was releasd , i was waiting for year end report which was never released
Liberals do not like statistics, because it shows actual result of previous changes. They do not want to admit that EE is a good idea in general and it reduced backlogs dramatically,
they don't want to give credit to Conservatives. Probably they don't want to show that their rush with refugees slowed down economic programs.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anarsoul said:
Liberals do not like statistics, because it shows actual result of previous changes. They do not want to admit that EE is a good idea in general and it reduced backlogs dramatically,
they don't want to give credit to Conservatives. Probably they don't want to show that their rush with refugees slowed down economic programs.
Aren't liberals supposed to be the good guys when it comes to immigration matters... ::)

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Aren't liberals supposed to be the good guys when it comes to immigration matters... ::)
Looks like not for economic streams. They're good to refugees and those who applied for family sponsorship

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Asivad Anac said:
well, McCallum supported the EE system when the Cons were pushing it through, so yea.

sensay

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
I met so many immigrants who came to canada as skilled workers didnt get a proper job or job according to their qualification/experience and unfortunately had to start working in warehouses and security guards. Some of them also left canada after not being able to cope up with this struggle. So outland FSW's better be prepared for some tough times. I wish you people dont face such a situation. Most of the employers wont even bother about your foreign experience here unless you are really exceptionally good or extremely lucky.

As far as the international students are concerned....i am pretty sure that the group who started their program around 2012 - 2013 are the most screwed up. I was also an international student and i can feel it. But awarding PR to every international student wont be fair. I have seen students in some programs having classes 1 or 2 days /week and remaining days they are going for cash jobs..which indeed affects the economy. I dont know even how the govt allow institutions to run such full time programs.

Again there are students who have worked under NOC B for couple of years and yet struggling to get ITA. :(

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sensay said:
I met so many immigrants who came to canada as skilled workers didnt get a proper job or job according to their qualification/experience and unfortunately had to start working in warehouses and security guards. Some of them also left canada after not being able to cope up with this struggle. So outland FSW's better be prepared for some tough times. I wish you people dont face such a situation. Most of the employers wont even bother about your foreign experience here unless you are really exceptionally good or extremely lucky.

As far as the international students are concerned....i am pretty sure that the group who started their program around 2012 - 2013 are the most screwed up. I was also an international student and i can feel it. But awarding PR to every international student wont be fair. I have seen students in some programs having classes 1 or 2 days /week and remaining days they are going for cash jobs..which indeed is affects the economy. I dont know even how the govt allow institutions to run such full time programs.

Again there are students who have worked under NOC B for couple of years and yet struggling to get ITA. :(
I don't know why some people keep saying there are not enough pr quota to award to every international students. There are good, hard working and talent students while there are also some very lazy, dumb and love going to parties than studying students. We are talking about the young undergrad international students who already have a bachelor degree and already working in NOC B and A jobs.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Alexios07 said:
We are talking about the young undergrad international students who already have a bachelor degree and already working in NOC B and A jobs.
Those can get more than 450 points easily with 2+ years of experience. Single 29yo bachelor with 2+ years of experience with CLB9 in all sections gets 457 points.

Jcgo9355

Nov 10, 2014
Hanszda,

I don't really think LMIA is that effective due to the many requirements.

Taking myself as an example. I am currently employed by PwC, one of the biggest accounting firm in the world. I have demonstrated superior performance at my work, made senior associate from associate in 6 months, and I am expected to make manager in 2 years (since I made senior), while the same advancement takes others 5 to 6 years. Now, because of my performance, my employer is more than willing to do LMIA for me; however, the problem is they simply can't, because we have too good of a reputation. As one of the top employer in the industry, we get thousands of applications from all over the country everyday for every single posting we put on our website. My friend on the other hand, works for a local Chinese accounting firm, because of their size and background, few people see their recruiting ads and fewer people apply. As such, his employer was able to get a LMIA for him.

That said, I am not saying he isn't doing well and I am great, but you do see the dilemma here. Same job, same industry, but I am being penalized for working for a bigger company. I wouldn't say the LMIA system is fair.

Hansdza said:
For all of you who are international students and struggling with your score, i DO feel your pain.

1. I myself was an International student before EE was launched. Lucky enough I am old and had more than 7 years overseas experience in NOC A. Did my master in Canada and got 1 yr Canadian experience. I consider myself lucky, i got the job, without it I would never qualified for EE. Same thing applies to 99% of my classmates in my batch.
2. It is a FLAW to put international student in the same category with general applicants. PERIOD. These students are educated by Canadian Institutions, blended with Canadian culture in Canadian Universities and Colleges, Worked in Canadian environment, Volunteered with various Canadian social organization. They ARE (most of them if not all of of them) actually the most ideal people to stay permanently in Canada as an Immigrant provided they contribute to the economy by working full time, support themselves and paying taxes. Fortunately, The new government acknowledged this problem and they are working to fix this. So guys, be patient.
3. Lets not accuse other people using Fake Experience letter from overseas to claim FAKE Experience. You know it is a fraud, if you find somebody doing that. Report to IRCC ASAP. No further comment
4. For the time being, LMIA is a good mechanism to protect local Canadian workforce. Professional job (to my understanding) is difficult to get nowadays due to economic downturn they need to protect their own people especially during the hard times.

So please be patient and keep being positive it's been a long journey for you guys since the first time you stepped your feet to study in Canadian Universities/Colleges. Keep working on it and hope the government resolve this problem ASAP

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
lisizi said:
This is Canada. It is a free land. People have the right to fight for their rights! Freedom of Speech!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get used to it! :)
Incorrect again.. dont misinterprete freedom of speech with your rights. internaltional person(including myself) does not have rights in Canada. They only have privileges

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
RamsayBolton said:
No one demands that pr status must be granted to int'l students because that's absurd. We complain about the recent changes which put int'l students in the same pool with other program's applicants. Before EE, any young and capable int'l student who graduated from a recognized Canadian institute with good english skills and secured a good job would be able to apply for the pr without much difficulties, since (s)he already proved that through her education, working experience and at least 4 years living in Canada.

p/s: do come to my humble fort when you have time. I want to show you my blade collection.
You still haven't the question do you think a person who has completed high school (foreign) and 1 year diploma(Canada) with little or no experience should be put ahead of a 4 year degree holder and some years of experience. If your answer is yes, than their is no point talking on this topic anymore, coz that would be absurd.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
anarsoul said:
Looks like not for economic streams. They're good to refugees and those who applied for family sponsorship
That is so incorrect, In their political campaign they gave a list of 10 important things, In which refugee system and some others were on the top and international student issue was 7 or 8th.
That was set on priority, refugee system is def a priority they are living in fear and they need to be rescued over people who are already living in Canada a comfortable life.
World was not made in one day, things take time. Conservatives created a mess for immigrants atleast liberals are fixing them, one at a time. Just be patient things are changing.

lisizi

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kirtivsingh said:
Incorrect again.. dont misinterprete freedom of speech with your rights. internaltional person(including myself) does not have rights in Canada. They only have privileges
i wanted to say Human Rights Principles! :D

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kirtivsingh said:

your absolutely incorrect of course every human being have rights and even animals have rights on this planet(even thou they can't speak up for themselves). people stand for animal rights, and so do international students have right to speak up what they think should be changed, as they are already member of society and well educated enough to not be treated unfair.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kirtivsingh said:
You still haven't the question do you think a person who has completed high school (foreign) and 1 year diploma(Canada) with little or no experience should be put ahead of a 4 year degree holder and some years of experience. If your answer is yes, than their is no point talking on this topic anymore, coz that would be absurd.

majority of international student are working in better positions than "FSW " i know and have seen lots highly educated people from different parts of world driving taxi, working as security guards and what not, whereas international students most of the time work in big companies and firms, 1 year canadian diploma has edge in canada at least over 4 years degree anywhere in the world.
and it could be applied anywhere in the world

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
kirtivsingh said:
Anarchist spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.