+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student Inquiry

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
Hello,

Good day! I would like to know more information about the international student process. I am currently living here in the Philippines and my friend from Canada is very willing to assist me by doing a sponsorship so I can come and study there on this September. Can you tell me more about how:

a. Student loan works
b. Study Permit works

Thank you very much for your assistance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

Good day! I would like to know more information about the international student process. I am currently living here in the Philippines and my friend from Canada is very willing to assist me by doing a sponsorship so I can come and study there on this September. Can you tell me more about how:

a. Student loan works
b. Study Permit works

Thank you very much for your assistance.
Your chances of approval are much lower with a friend paying; people don't pay tens of thousands of dollars for a friend's studies. You should have your own funds or have a family member sponsoring your studies. You need to show at least $25,000.

a. You need to research loan requirements in your own country. You won't qualify for a loan in Canada.

b. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit.html

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
I am attending seminars in an agency and they said sponsorship of a friend works..
I just want to ask as well please, it says in the website that I need to have guaranteed Guaranteed Investment Certificate that have 10,000 CAD, is this going to be different with the tuition fee that I am going to pay and the bank account that I will show?

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
And what will it be for? Is it going to be a different one for my show money/ bank account as well?
If a friend is sponsoring do I need to have this 10,000 CAD in the bank account of Canada still?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am attending seminars in an agency and they said sponsorship of a friend works..
I just want to ask as well please, it says in the website that I need to have guaranteed Guaranteed Investment Certificate that have 10,000 CAD, is this going to be different with the tuition fee that I am going to pay and the bank account that I will show?
Agencies say anything to get you to pay them. As I said, people don't pay tens of thousands of dollars for friends to go to school, hence why such apps are generally not accepted. The $10k GIC is a part of your funds for cost of living.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
And what will it be for? Is it going to be a different one for my show money/ bank account as well?
If a friend is sponsoring do I need to have this 10,000 CAD in the bank account of Canada still?
How much are you paying the agency? Your "friend" cannot sponsor you. Your application will be rejected.

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
Agencies say anything to get you to pay them. As I said, people don't pay tens of thousands of dollars for friends to go to school, hence why such apps are generally not accepted. The $10k GIC is a part of your funds for cost of living.
Okay yeah maybe this is correct. How cruel is that.. part of the cost of living so what if my cousin from Canada is the one who will help, is it more likely not to be approved because it is a family member they might think that I will not go back anymore in my country?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Okay yeah maybe this is correct. How cruel is that.. part of the cost of living so what if my cousin from Canada is the one who will help, is it more likely not to be approved because it is a family member they might think that I will not go back anymore in my country?
A cousin is still not really a positive; same as with a friend, a person generally doesn't pay that much money for a cousin's education. People who pay for education are generally parents, spouses, grandparents, sometimes older siblings, sometimes aunts/uncles.

Zan*

Jan 8, 2020
Hi,

Is my mother's first cousin ( I call him uncle) who lives in Canada eligible to sponsor me as a student? Can he sponsor my living costs only if I can pay for the tuition fee by myself?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

Is my mother's first cousin ( I call him uncle) who lives in Canada eligible to sponsor me as a student? Can he sponsor my living costs only if I can pay for the tuition fee by myself?
Your mother's cousin is not a close relative, so high chance of refusal.

thotavinay

May 8, 2020
Hi,
My study permit got expired on Mar-30-2020 and applied for extension on Feb-13-2020 but got rejection due to reason being-CAQ not submitted. In a day or 2 I will apply for restoration of status to student. But by the time I get a decision my course will end in July 2020 and legally I have to stop my studies now. can anyone tell how this thing works?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
My study permit got expired on Mar-30-2020 and applied for extension on Feb-13-2020 but got rejection due to reason being-CAQ not submitted. In a day or 2 I will apply for restoration of status to student. But by the time I get a decision my course will end in July 2020 and legally I have to stop my studies now. can anyone tell how this thing works?
You need to defer your studies until you once again have a valid study permit. You are not allowed to study or work. Note that this will leave you ineligible for a PGWP.