+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International student Housemates needed for August 1st

SimAli

Apr 17, 2020
I am a female age 27 years Caribbean national and I’m looking for a house mate in the Durham Region or GTA Scarborough, North York or Markham area. Currently attending Durham College. Will end quarantine end of July. Budget is $750 max

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
I am a female age 27 years Caribbean national and I’m looking for a house mate in the Durham Region or GTA Scarborough, North York or Markham area. Currently attending Durham College. Will end quarantine end of July. Budget is $750 max
Just a suggestion, limit your search within Durham region. Don’t go beyond Pickering or Oshawa. When the in-person classes starts, the 915 bus can get really crazy. Scarborough or even North York is too far away. Also, the Durham College ID “free” bus pass is only good for the Durham Transit. Any other buses like the Go bus you have to pay. And you don’t want to commute far away during winter semester. Even if you have a car, the campus parking is very expensive. So, students with cars usually park at Walmarts Whitby then take the 915 bus to campus, which kind of defeats having a car in the first place.

There are a lot of rooms for rent in Oshawa, particularly along Simcoe (both north and south). Same goes with Whitby and Pickering. Ajax, not so much.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Just a suggestion, limit your search within Durham region. Don’t go beyond Pickering or Oshawa. When the in-person classes starts, the 915 bus can get really crazy. Scarborough or even North York is too far away. Also, the Durham College ID “free” bus pass is only good for the Durham Transit. Any other buses like the Go bus you have to pay. And you don’t want to commute far away during winter semester. Even if you have a car, the campus parking is very expensive. So, students with cars usually park at Walmarts Whitby then take the 915 bus to campus, which kind of defeats having a car in the first place.

There are a lot of rooms for rent in Oshawa, particularly along Simcoe (both north and south). Same goes with Whitby and Pickering. Ajax, not so much.
Very useful and detailed information @rogelcorral

Reactions: rogelcorral