+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Experience Canada (IEC) Initiative - Application Process Times?!!

redsquirrel

Feb 13, 2012
Hi All,

I hope that someone can help me!

I submitted an application for the IEC VISA on the 30th January. The post office confirmed it has been delivered on Tuesday 31st January, however, I haven't had a confirmation email yet (13th February).

I assume they are really busy and haven't got to it yet, but mainly I am worried it may be lost and I will have to send another one and will lose valuable time - potentially miss out all together!

I have tried to call but can't get through to a person to check for me. All I want to know is that they have my application, I don't mind if it then takes ages, I just want peace of mind that it has been received safely.

Can anyone share experiences of the process? How long it takes? When you received a confirmation email etc?

Any help and support would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Claudia

Feb 15, 2012
Hi, i'm in the same position, but just one step ahead. I sent my application form around the 18th of January, an didnt get any feed back in till the 7th of February. Which is nearly 3 weeks. They said they will respond to me again within the next 2 weeks but I am still waiting for a reply, I was trying to figure out how much longer it will take when I came across your subject. So don't worry, i'm sure your application isn't lost in the post and you will hear back from them soon. keep me in the know of how it goes, and i will do the same. last year I think they didnt stop taking applications in till july, so even if it gets sent back you will still have lots of time. hope this helps

charlie

Samantha-lk

Feb 15, 2012
Hi,

I feel for you...!! I am in exactly the same position if not worse as my partner and I sent off for the visa with the IEC on the same date, yet i have received nothing to say my application has even arrived but my partner has recieved a receipt of application and an email comfirming their place and asking for payment...

have you found a contact number or had anymore information sent to you recently?

thanks

AndyLad

Feb 15, 2012
Hi Claudia / All,

I am in EXACTLY the same position. I sent it off around the 25th January, so it would have got there around 28th - 29th at the latest. And still I haven't received an email.

To be honest I think it's a little unfair how they never take calls at the Visa bureau. Because 1 minute of their time on the phone = you and me alike not having to stress about whether the application got there in the first place or not. Plus, the website says 'upon receipt of your application you will receive a confirmation email'. They could put something about delays etc in this, as I am sure there are hundreds, if not thousands of other people in exactly our position also wondering if it's ever going to be processed etc.

Please let me know if you receive yours! And I can do vice versa!

Andy

waxweasel

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Processing times will depend on the visa office you apply at, as well as the volume of applications they have piled up at any given time.
Ie. Jan/Feb - beginning of a new year = heavy volume.

What Visa office (city) have you applied at?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
It usually takes time for them to answer. Depending on what visa office you submitted your application to - but the processing time normally takes 8 weeks. They told me when i applied that i won't be able to see how far the applications was so have patience. Eventually go and check out the FAQ's on the website.

Hope this helps.

Eskarina

Mar 2, 2012
I'm in this boat at the moment, and getting a teensy bit impatient. Its good to hear that my experience is completely normal! I've just passed the 2 week mark on their receiving my application, and was beginning to worry i'd accidentally deleted the email or something.
Is 3 weeks about the average time its taking for uk applications atm?

Feb 15, 2012
mine took 3 weeks, then they asked for payment, then they send it to the canadian high commission, then they send it back to the uk and say it will take up to 6 weeks from then. that is what stage i am up to. i just wish it would hurry up tho!!!!!!!

Becky2012

Mar 22, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
My story is the same as everyone but i wish i knew how much longer this was going to take because i need to organise things before i go. I received my receipt of application on the 24th of february and that was 4 weeks ago. I presume it shouldn't be much longer but whoi know's with the stories i've been reading so far!!. It's in the UK office in London, so can someone let me know how long they think it takes once you have paid the application fee? I really need a ball park figure as the website is not much help, from 8 weeks to 2 months to 6 to 8 weeks!
I wish it was simpler and more straight forward, this is my 2nd time but the first time was so easy to apply,
Don't understand, help please, thanks :)

scottyxx

Sep 14, 2011
THE IEC in London is a complete Joke!

I applied the day they opened, took them 3 weeks to get back to me to tell me 1 photocopy of my passport was missing, and my medical exception page was missing - a requirement THEY changed after I applied.

So i reapplied the day of my rejection. 2 Month later they finally get back to me, saying I am rejected - AGAIN, this time because they didn't like my signature on the family section. I know 100% I signed every page, because I checked it over, and over again, and yet, rejected.

I am applying again, but not hopeful I will hear back.

I am going to loose everything because of this.

imrankhan1

Feb 19, 2012
redsquirrel said:
Hi All,

I hope that someone can help me!

I submitted an application for the IEC VISA on the 30th January. The post office confirmed it has been delivered on Tuesday 31st January, however, I haven't had a confirmation email yet (13th February).

I assume they are really busy and haven't got to it yet, but mainly I am worried it may be lost and I will have to send another one and will lose valuable time - potentially miss out all together!

I have tried to call but can't get through to a person to check for me. All I want to know is that they have my application, I don't mind if it then takes ages, I just want peace of mind that it has been received safely.

Can anyone share experiences of the process? How long it takes? When you received a confirmation email etc?

Any help and support would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Claudia

YOU SHOULD MAIL THEM TO CONFIRM ABOUT UR APPLICATION .AND THEY TOOK 15 TO 30 DAYS TO INFORM ABOUT RECEIVING OF FILE

Becky2012

Mar 22, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
I've paid the fee and am waiting for the visa section to process the last part of my application, anyone know how long this takes?? or how long have people been waiting?? i just want an idea because the visa office in London have already ruined everything for me anyways..... :(

Thanks everyone

Eskarina

Mar 2, 2012
Hi Becky - i feel your pain...
I'm waiting for them to ask for payment right now... its been 5 weeks since they sent confirmation through. I've heard it'll be 6 weeks from whenever that comes through too... *sigh* I don;t think i'd mind so much if i could talk to someone about it.
here's hoping yours comes through soon.. all we can do is be patient!

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
It's been 3 months since I first sent the application, and only got notice this week that they wanted the payment. Now to take 6 more weeks. They need to do something about this...