IEC Proof of Payment received: March 8th
IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter received: March 11th
CIC Application Submitted: March 22th
CIC Submission Confirmation: March 22th
CIC LOI received: April 12th ;D ;D ;D

KayaR

Mar 31, 2013
beholder69 said:
Cool, wish you all the best! Will be waiting for mine now, submitted it on April 2nd :-D
I also submitted mine on 02 April. :)

Does anyone know if it is possible to enter Canada on a tourist visa and travel for a while before you receive your LOI?

canadiara

Jan 17, 2013
you can enter canada on a tourist visa, yes; however, if you already have an application pending you might have an issue at border control. you see, the iec program is supposed to be "done" from outside canada, upon entrance they give you your work permit. when they swipe your passport in the borders they can automatically see what applications you have pending with the canadian government. they will ask you what your purpose for travelling to canada is. and that is where the issue is, what are you going to answer? visiting as tourist? no you're not, since you already have a work permit application pending. work? no, since you don't have the approval yet. i suggest remaining home till you get your approval to avoid problems.
what i did was enter canada as a tourist, applied online within canada and after i got the approval, i flagpoled (this is a valid term, mind you) and got my work permit.
if you're wondering what flagpoling is, it's when you exit the canadian borders, you don't enter the us borders, you just tell the border officer in usa that you need to re-enter canada to get your work permit, they give you a paper with handwritten the word across it "flagpole" and then you enter canada again where they process your work permit or pr.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I had an IEC application in progress when I travelled to canada. It is possible just be honest about it. I did get pulled into a room to talk with an officer but that was because I visited too much and left canada and came back 3 weeks later.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Hmmm... Haven't received the answer yet, it's been 21 days, obviously still within the given time frame, just hoped it would be as fast as the previous posters, if only for peace of mind :D

KayaR, out of interest, did you receive yours?

KayaR

Mar 31, 2013
beholder69 said:
Hmmm... Haven't received the answer yet, it's been 21 days, obviously still within the given time frame, just hoped it would be as fast as the previous posters, if only for peace of mind :D

KayaR, out of interest, did you receive yours?
Not yet. I am flying out on 26 April as I plan on travelling for a while before I start to look for work. Hoping I have no issues at the border entering as a tourist while my application is still pending.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Ah, thanks! Hope we do both get it anyway any day now. As above though, you shouldn't have any problems if you are honest about it and you come from a visa exempt country

KayaR

Mar 31, 2013
beholder69 said:
Ah, thanks! Hope we do both get it anyway any day now. As above though, you shouldn't have any problems if you are honest about it and you come from a visa exempt country
I arrived this morning, I was honest from the start about travelling while I waited for my visa, they pulled me aside to question me some more and when the customs officer checked the computer my visa had been approved..however, there was nothing in my CIC account before I left Australia and just checked and there is nothing there now. Weird! So relieved that it all went well and they didn't turn me around back to Australia!!

I hope your visa arrives soon! :)

Dimitris

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
Doc's Request.
10-10-2016
Nomination.....
Pending
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
Hi everyone. I'm here to Canada with the IEC working holiday visa and just get my second year as a young professionals but my question is..... do I need a new police certificate or can I sent it the same one.? Because for the first year when I get my letter after 3 months I came to canada.so.......?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Dimitris said:
Hi everyone. I'm here to Canada with the IEC working holiday visa and just get my second year as a young professionals but my question is..... do I need a new police certificate or can I sent it the same one.? Because for the first year when I get my letter after 3 months I came to canada.so.......?
You should be ok, it's tough to tell whether the person who process your application thinks it's necessary, but knowing you have been in Canada since then you should be ok. Just my thought!