+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Experience Canada (IEC) applicants , times

alt10

Jan 21, 2013
Athens
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Although most of you dealing with immigration to Canada will have seen or heard about this program, I opened a new topic to help those who have questions or do not know.

The International Experience Canada comes for the first time in Greece with only 200 positions from 18 to 35 years.

And I say "ONLY 200" because for example in Ireland, which has a significantly smaller population than Greece were 6,350 positions this year and 5,300 last year. To give a picture of the response of the program of the Irish, the 6,350 seats were covered in two days!

To the point, the time writing this there are still 128 open positions which are divided into 3 categories:
1) 111 places for the Working Holiday category
2) 8 positions for the Young Professionals category
3) 9 jobs for category International Co-op

Essentially, the program gives the opportunity to young people from 18 to 35 years to travel and work legally in Canada for one year, with the right to extend their stay for another 1 year (total 2 years max) through the same program but in a another category.

The instructions on the page is extremely detailed, anyone interested can start from the Guide provides a step by step process and I will help as I do having the procedure and of course anyone else is willing and able to contribute.

This program is a great way to quickly escape from Greece to meet Canada and legal work for those who do not have an invitation but want to work it out without the constraints of the tourist visa.

If you have any questions or even if you have made the application include your proccesing times or some tips that may be useful to others.
Good Luck.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
We already have a lot of active IEC threads on this board.
Processing times vary from country to country. However, as soon as you receive the conditional
acceptance letter from IEC and submit you CIC application it takes little more than
a month to get your LOI from CIC.

alt10

Jan 21, 2013
Athens
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
We already have a lot of active IEC threads on this board.
Processing times vary from country to country. However, as soon as you receive the conditional
acceptance letter from IEC and submit you CIC application it takes little more than
a month to get your LOI from CIC.
Dear Toby, thank you for your input.
The mere fact that a lot of threads on IEC already exist does not restrict us because this is the sole one for Greece.
Exactly because it is the first time and the first year this program is implemented in Greece, thus the initiation of such a specific thread is warranted as necessary.
Concerning the matter of processing times, indeed the times are as relevant as the ones your portrayed above. So, thank you for your helpful input on the matter.

carlitab

Mar 26, 2013
Hello I have been looking for this topic, I applied for a Work Permit under the Young Professionals Program, I have a job offer letter from a company in Alberta Canada I sent my application papers on January 31, on the track number says Security sign the package on February 1st, did any of you guys know the application time process? I'm freaking out a little. I'm from Mexico and I read somewhere that the average time is 8 weeks today is March 27 so I'm at the end of the eight week and I haven't hear anything from them. |I have read and other persons seem to have any news by now.

Thanks

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
alt10 said:
Dear Toby, thank you for your input.
The mere fact that a lot of threads on IEC already exist does not restrict us because this is the sole one for Greece.
Exactly because it is the first time and the first year this program is implemented in Greece, thus the initiation of such a specific thread is warranted as necessary.
Concerning the matter of processing times, indeed the times are as relevant as the ones your portrayed above. So, thank you for your helpful input on the matter.
Hey alt, I've reserved one of those positions for the working holiday program, got the conditional acceptance in less than 3 days and I'm about to submit the CIC application. All that's left is my penal certificate, which since you are also from Greece, will know it's quite a pain to get and translate. Should have it on Tuesday and submit it, hopefully it will be a positive answer and will head to Regina in June

alt10

Jan 21, 2013
Athens
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carlitab said:
Hello I have been looking for this topic, I applied for a Work Permit under the Young Professionals Program, I have a job offer letter from a company in Alberta Canada I sent my application papers on January 31, on the track number says Security sign the package on February 1st, did any of you guys know the application time process? I'm freaking out a little. I'm from Mexico and I read somewhere that the average time is 8 weeks today is March 27 so I'm at the end of the eight week and I haven't hear anything from them. |I have read and other persons seem to have any news by now.

Thanks
Dear carlitab ,
Once you have a job offer letter surely things are more convenient for you they don't have to check so much on your profile etc but sometimes they have to ensure that the letter of job offer is genuine so they have to communicate with the person that gives you the job offer. Furthermore that wants a time after you submit to CIC may wait about a month or more to check many things from your application if you pass 4-5 weeks submitting CIC you can sent them an e-mail asking them what is going on maybe. Let us know.

alt10

Jan 21, 2013
Athens
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beholder69 said:
Hey alt, I've reserved one of those positions for the working holiday program, got the conditional acceptance in less than 3 days and I'm about to submit the CIC application. All that's left is my penal certificate, which since you are also from Greece, will know it's quite a pain to get and translate. Should have it on Tuesday and submit it, hopefully it will be a positive answer and will head to Regina in June
Hey beholder , I can help you getting sooner your police certificate if you want. I hope you didn't ask if from ΚΕΠ it's to painful there and you need so much time to get it. If you want to translate it sooner advise a layer or judge to have it in 1 one day ready. Other side in Greece government translation office you need about a week with the express process.

alt10

Jan 21, 2013
Athens
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's my timeline:

IEC Submitted: Feb 28th
IEC Proof of Payment received: March 8th
IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter received: March 11th
CIC Application Submitted: March 22th
CIC Submission Confirmation: March 22th
CIC LOI received: :eek: :eek: :eek: :-X :-X :-X

carlitab

Mar 26, 2013
Dear Alt10 thank you for reply, I'll look on the Canada website to find an email and ask them, another question for you, how did you receive your IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter? They send it to you attach to your passport? And once you receive that Conditional Acceptance Letter you can go to Canada right away to get your work permit on the port of entry?

You have been very helpful thanks.

alt10

Jan 21, 2013
Athens
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carlitab said:
Dear Alt10 thank you for reply, I'll look on the Canada website to find an email and ask them, another question for you, how did you receive your IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter? They send it to you attach to your passport? And once you receive that Conditional Acceptance Letter you can go to Canada right away to get your work permit on the port of entry?

You have been very helpful thanks.
The conditional acceptance letter means nothing just you meet the requirements to continue for CIC judgment. I get the letter from ICE in my messages in my IEC account. To get your work permit etc you have to continue with CIC answer the questionnaire and fill some forms take a look at your IEC conditional acceptance letter or wait for it to come if you still have not get it it has full instructions. Is anything else I can help you ?

carlitab

Mar 26, 2013
I think that will be it, I was reading on the website and yeah they send you an email with a track number and that you have passed the initial process but I haven't receive anything or hear anything from them and that's why I'm so worry, I will try to send them an email.

I'm more worry than before hehe.

Thanks for your help.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
alt10 said:
Hey beholder , I can help you getting sooner your police certificate if you want. I hope you didn't ask if from ΚΕΠ it's to painful there and you need so much time to get it. If you want to translate it sooner advise a layer or judge to have it in 1 one day ready. Other side in Greece government translation office you need about a week with the express process.
Thanks for the above, should hopefully receive it from the government translation office on Tuesday, they had messed it up the previous time and have already waited more than 3 weeks but anyway...

Out of interest, what did you put in the job title and duties on the application, had some thinking going in there, ended up with "customer service" in general as I obviously don't know yet for sure.

canadiara

Jan 17, 2013
hi everyone (geia se olous)

there are a lot of us trying to immigrate to canada, it's both good and bad, bad for our country, for leaving it behind and good for our lives, wow did i get philosophical or what ;D

beholder, my police certificate had a stamp signature on and i couldn't translate it, so i had to go to the ministry of justice, find the lady that signed it and sign it again (good times i tell you). i didn't have much time after that so i had translated (after getting all the stamps from the ministry of justice and ministry of foreign affaris (ypeks) by a lawyer, you know the office right next to the translation services in monastiraki. they didn't have any problem with it at cic and i got my loi in march 25th. i was having a double celebration :D as for the job title, it refers to those who already have a job offer, if you're going with the working holiday you should either put non applicable or leave it blank.
you'll get the response pretty soon, because there are not many of us applying for this and it is processed by rome visa office.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
canadiara said:
hi everyone (geia se olous)

there are a lot of us trying to immigrate to canada, it's both good and bad, bad for our country, for leaving it behind and good for our lives, wow did i get philosophical or what ;D

beholder, my police certificate had a stamp signature on and i couldn't translate it, so i had to go to the ministry of justice, find the lady that signed it and sign it again (good times i tell you). i didn't have much time after that so i had translated (after getting all the stamps from the ministry of justice and ministry of foreign affaris (ypeks) by a lawyer, you know the office right next to the translation services in monastiraki. they didn't have any problem with it at cic and i got my loi in march 25th. i was having a double celebration :D as for the job title, it refers to those who already have a job offer, if you're going with the working holiday you should either put non applicable or leave it blank.
you'll get the response pretty soon, because there are not many of us applying for this and it is processed by rome visa office.
Geia sou Canadiara!!

Thanks for this, will probably change the job title to N/A then, it doesn't allow me to leave I blank, something that could be done on the employer fields.

The only thing I'm slightly scared of is the fact I've put that my wife will be accompanying me, have also included a letter of explanation though, saying she is Canadian and that she will come with me for the summer holidays, hope it's ok.

canadiara

Jan 17, 2013
again don't worry about that either. i've stated that my husband will be accompanying me and he's greek on a tourist visa! you've got nothing to worry about, besides, she's canadian she can come and go to her country anytime. why bother with the iec program and not go through with family sponsorship? you get residence status with that!