+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

interesting question

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
if in-Canada study permit application extension is refused, say I get refusal notice today and I have fulfilled graduation requirements with implied status, can i apply for pgwp the next day online and continue to stay in canada on new implied status or must i leave canada?

acemsyed

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
2112 / 1236
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
has your initial study permit/visa already expired ? If so, then you should leave Canada voluntarily and apply for PGWP from outside Canada. If your initial leave to remain is still valid then go ahead and file an in-country PGWP application.

I am not 100% confident of my opinion, so do check with an immigration lawyer before making a final decision.

Cheers ;-)

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
the study permit application has not been rejected; i applied for extension and its in process now but i will graduate in april.

I was just thinking if i have met the university graduation requirements in april and i receive refusal notice in april (worst case), if i can apply for post graduate work permit within canada after receiving a refusal notice or if i must go back to home country to apply for pgwp.