+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inter faith marriage after ITA

Sontam

Apr 6, 2018
I have received my ITA. Post which I had my long awaited Inter-faith marriage(I amd hindu & he is muslim) under law of Special Marriage Act in India. I want to sponsor my husband so we both can move to Canada together. Please let me know if there will be any problems in the same. We have been dating each other for 15 years so have all proof of relationships.

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Have you applied as yet?
If you are married before submitting the post ITA application, you will be treated as a married applicant (misrepresentation if you declare yourself as 'single') and your points are calculated differently.

Make sure your points after adding him to the application will be above the cutoff for the round for which you received ita. If not you can decline this invitation and wait for another, since they might reject if points go down.

If points are above you will have to produce marriage certificate, and his documents like, passport, medical, pcc and digital photo. Also note if he is claiming points for education, workex in Canada, he will have to produce those docs as well. Like eca, ref letter, degree etc.
No other issue with interfaith marriage.
I too have had interfaith marriage just as yours.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018

Sontam

Apr 6, 2018
Have you applied as yet?
If you are married before submitting the post ITA application, you will be treated as a married applicant (misrepresentation if you declare yourself as 'single') and your points are calculated differently.

Make sure your points after adding him to the application will be above the cutoff for the round for which you received ita. If not you can decline this invitation and wait for another, since they might reject if points go down.

If points are above you will have to produce marriage certificate, and his documents like, passport, medical, pcc and digital photo. Also note if he is claiming points for education, workex in Canada, he will have to produce those docs as well. Like eca, ref letter, degree etc.
No other issue with interfaith marriage.
I too have had interfaith marriage just as yours.
I have not applied for him yet. Should I apply after submitting my documents? I mean E-APR?

Sontam

Apr 6, 2018
Do the points change after e-APR..?? If not , then within how much time of submitting my post ITA docs i.e. E-APR, can I marry him and add him in my application? He will not be claiming any points.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Do the points change after e-APR..?? If not , then within how much time of submitting my post ITA docs i.e. E-APR, can I marry him and add him in my application? He will not be claiming any points.
Aren't you married already now? Because you mentioned in your first post that you got married under Special Marriage Act. So if you are married, you have to include your spouse in your application before submitting eAPR.

MMX

Star Member
Oct 11, 2012
I have received my ITA. Post which I had my long awaited Inter-faith marriage(I amd hindu & he is muslim) under law of Special Marriage Act in India. I want to sponsor my husband so we both can move to Canada together. Please let me know if there will be any problems in the same. We have been dating each other for 15 years so have all proof of relationships.
Hi, as I read from your post, you got your ITA but have not applied yet (meaning you do not have an AOR, i.e. Acknowledgment of Receipt). So if you marry before applying (after ITA), you would have to declare that you are married and your points will be calculated differently as they will be divided amongst you and your spouse.
However, if you do not want to go through re-evaulation of points, you should wait for marriage till you apply and get AOR. Once you get AOR after applyin, you can marry him and add him to your application.

Hope that helps!

Sontam

Apr 6, 2018
Thank you. Can you please advise how soon can I get married after AOR and amend my application? I want to add him before ppr is received to avoid further complications.
Hi, as I read from your post, you got your ITA but have not applied yet (meaning you do not have an AOR, i.e. Acknowledgment of Receipt). So if you marry before applying (after ITA), you would have to declare that you are married and your points will be calculated differently as they will be divided amongst you and your spouse.
However, if you do not want to go through re-evaulation of points, you should wait for marriage till you apply and get AOR. Once you get AOR after applyin, you can marry him and add him to your application.

Hope that helps!

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Aren't you married already? Your first post mentioned that you have had a interfaith marriage,isn't it?

I suggest be clear when you are asking for help as little misunderstanding can land you in trouble.

Thank you. Can you please advise how soon can I get married after AOR and amend my application? I want to add him before ppr is received to avoid further complications.

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
If you are already married then you will have to add him to your application before submitting. Else it will count as misrepresentation.

If you are not yet married, would suggest apply first as single and post your receive your aor, you can get married and inform cic and they will ask for list if documents for your spouse.

MMX

Star Member
Oct 11, 2012
You can marry right after getting AOR, or could wait for a month and then get married. I don't think it should add much to the delay even if you get married after a month.
Hope that helps!