+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intention to refuse your application for permanent selection

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hello everyone,

Tody I have received a letter from MIFI that states the following.

- You have not obtained a sufficient number of points to reach the eliminatory threshold for employability, in accordance with article 32 and annex A of the Regulation respecting immigration to Québec and the Regulation respecting weighting applicable to the selection of foreign nationals.

-   You have not obtained a sufficient number of points with regard to the factors of the selection grid, in accordance with article 32 and annex A of the Regulation respecting immigration to Québec and the Regulation respecting weighting applicable to the selection of foreign nationals.

Despite my wife has a permanent job validated VJO, I really do't understand if we were going to be ranked to get the minimum threshold score. According to assessment, we have received all the points for each document we have provided and no document was missing or under-rated.

My question is that hasn't MIFI knew through their online tool that we have a low score in aarima and despite that they invited us to apply for CSQ?

• Sad
Reactions: Helioza

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
I think they're referring to 50 point grid, with spouse it's minimum 59 iirc.
Yes I agree. But question is that we have received the invitation under the group of applicants with validated job offer outside montreal. We were not ranked for any score during the draw. Now we have provided all the documents that we declared in Aarima and got a low score due to low education and high age.

We have no documents to provide additionally to increase the score. Its waste of time, efforts and money if eventually application gets refused.

avanoob0712

Nov 9, 2022
Arrima score, NOC group or job offer just to decide whether you get invitation or not. You still need to meet their minimum point grid.
They're going to get rid of the point grid soon. I heard it somewhere.

betterbetter

Star Member
Feb 6, 2023
Reactions: powereng1982

vision2011

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Yes I agree. But question is that we have received the invitation under the group of applicants with validated job offer outside montreal. We were not ranked for any score during the draw. Now we have provided all the documents that we declared in Aarima and got a low score due to low education and high age.

We have no documents to provide additionally to increase the score. Its waste of time, efforts and money if eventually application gets refused.
Hey Powereng,

I am sorry to hear that mate, but I think you have given time to respond.
According to Quebec Immigration Act, you have job and your wife got a permanent job, you are of a good character, I bet you still have a shot.

But I think you will need a lawyer to help you to write something nice. Under Quebec Immigration Act. 2016, c. 3, s. 38.

"Despite section 19 and in the cases determined by government regulation, the Minister may select for permanent immigration a foreign national who does not meet a condition or selection criterion applicable to him or her if, after examining the application, the Minister is of the opinion that the foreign national can successfully settle in Québec.
In addition, the Minister may refuse to select a foreign national who meets all the conditions determined by regulation if the Minister has reasonable grounds to believe that the foreign national has little likelihood of successfully settling in Québec or that his or her settling in Québec would be contrary to the public interest."

If you respond with the law and get rejected (which is of a higher possibility) and apply for administrative review, you may make it with a ministerial discretion. Do not just give it up just like that and give them the opportunity to throw you away.

Cheers and hope you find a way to fight back.

V.

vision2011

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Hey Powereng,

I am sorry to hear that mate, but I think you have given time to respond.
According to Quebec Immigration Act, you have job and your wife got a permanent job, you are of a good character, I bet you still have a shot.

But I think you will need a lawyer to help you to write something nice. Under Quebec Immigration Act. 2016, c. 3, s. 38.

"Despite section 19 and in the cases determined by government regulation, the Minister may select for permanent immigration a foreign national who does not meet a condition or selection criterion applicable to him or her if, after examining the application, the Minister is of the opinion that the foreign national can successfully settle in Québec.
In addition, the Minister may refuse to select a foreign national who meets all the conditions determined by regulation if the Minister has reasonable grounds to believe that the foreign national has little likelihood of successfully settling in Québec or that his or her settling in Québec would be contrary to the public interest."

If you respond with the law and get rejected (which is of a higher possibility) and apply for administrative review, you may make it with a ministerial discretion. Do not just give it up just like that and give them the opportunity to throw you away.

Cheers and hope you find a way to fight back.

V.
I would add that, according to Quebec Immigration Regulations O.C. 963-2018, s. 58.

“The Minister may select a foreign national in the economic class, except under the Québec experience program, who does not meet a condition or selection criterion if the Minister is of the opinion that the foreign national can successfully settle in Québec.
Despite the first paragraph, the Minister may not make a selection decision for a foreign national that does not obtain a cutoff score provided for in the Regulation respecting the weighting applicable to the selection of foreign nationals (chapter I-0.2.1, r. 4) in the awarding of the points in respect of the factors and criteria provided for in the Selection grid for the economic class in Schedule A, except if the foreign national has an exceptional profile or an expertise unique for Québec”

you will need a lawyer or someone with expertise to write you something nicer.
https://www.legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/document/cr/i-0.2.1, r. 3

Cheers,

V.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
I would add that, according to Quebec Immigration Regulations O.C. 963-2018, s. 58.

“The Minister may select a foreign national in the economic class, except under the Québec experience program, who does not meet a condition or selection criterion if the Minister is of the opinion that the foreign national can successfully settle in Québec.
Despite the first paragraph, the Minister may not make a selection decision for a foreign national that does not obtain a cutoff score provided for in the Regulation respecting the weighting applicable to the selection of foreign nationals (chapter I-0.2.1, r. 4) in the awarding of the points in respect of the factors and criteria provided for in the Selection grid for the economic class in Schedule A, except if the foreign national has an exceptional profile or an expertise unique for Québec”

you will need a lawyer or someone with expertise to write you something nicer.
https://www.legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/document/cr/i-0.2.1, r. 3

Cheers,

V.
Thank you @vision2011, I highly appreciate your words.

On the day of receiving letter from MIFI, we have approached to Premier of Quebec, Minister of Immigration, Minister of Family and member of parliament in Sherbrooke through emails and have asked them for their help using Quebec Immigration Regulations O.C. 963-2018, s. 58.

We are still hopeful to hear some news. Alternatively, we (along with my wife's employer) plan to visit to MIFI office in next plan. We will let you know the outcome.

Reactions: vision2011

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
sad to hear that, did they gave you what score did you get at their 59 required points?

Hi , Pls refer this link,

Although you have been invited, you must meet this grid for CSQ application.

About the Regular Skilled Worker Program | Gouvernement du Québec (quebec.ca)

extension://bfdogplmndidlpjfhoijckpakkdjkkil/pdf/viewer.html?file=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn-contenu.quebec.ca%2Fcdn-contenu%2Fimmigration%2Fpublications%2FGR_Selection_Travailleurs_Qualifies.pdf

Have you ever used this to calculate your current score? Did you meet 50 or 59 points?
We are a family and got only 48 out of 59 points according to the MIFI's assessment report.

However, we have noticed a mistake in the report; she did not receive the score for her 10 months job experience in Quebec. The report says that job experience in Quebec=0 Months. However, with corrections, she will get additional 4 points

Additionally, I will be going to complete one year postgraduate diploma at Universite de Sherbrooke (equavalent to diplôme universitaire de 3e cycle) by the next month, which may help us to get additional 5 points.

So if everything works well, with additional 9 points, we will have then 57 points out of 59.

Last edited:

vision2011

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Thank you @vision2011, I highly appreciate your words.

On the day of receiving letter from MIFI, we have approached to Premier of Quebec, Minister of Immigration, Minister of Family and member of parliament in Sherbrooke through emails and have asked them for their help using Quebec Immigration Regulations O.C. 963-2018, s. 58.

We are still hopeful to hear some news. Alternatively, we (along with my wife's employer) plan to visit to MIFI office in next plan. We will let you know the outcome.
Yes, that’s it, you are on the right track.

Cheers and all the best!

V.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Received a positive reply from the office of Premier of Quebec. They have forwarded our case to Mrs. Christine Fréchette (Minister of Immigration,) for further consideration.
They have emailed us again and asked us to submit our application with request to minister to use Quebec Immigration Regulations O.C. 963-2018, s. 58.

vision2011

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
They have emailed us again and asked us to submit our application with request to minister to use Quebec Immigration Regulations O.C. 963-2018, s. 58.
Yes yes mate, that’s a very good sign!
Please, from now on, you should start typing in French only. Hahahaha!

Cheers buddy and all the best!

V.

• Haha