+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intent to reside with C-6

notarookie007

Oct 16, 2017
Dear friends,
I am in the same boat, I took an academic position in Boston, MA in September and I am eligible to apply for citizenship under the new C-6 rules.

I personally know someone who applied (in late 2013), then immediately moved to San Fransisco for a postdoc position (and she clearly stated that in her app), and in 6 months she came back for the oath.

My situation is a bit more complex cause I am a US citizen, so I presume they can't really rely much on passport stamps because in many cases, there are none. I have proof of my trips however, not just in passport stamps, but also in airline tickets, employment verification, hotels, car rentals, etc. I have also documented proofs of addresses and employments.

Clearly I am going to apply, cause it's the only option I got.. it's either that or not do anything so I would rather roll the dice. Hence I am trying to improve my chances the best I can.

The CIC website clearly (to me at least) states that you can apply and then leave the country: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=911&top=5

My question is do I drive to Canada, send my application and then leave, or just send it from Boston?

Please advise...

It's the only choice I have, it's either that or not apply, so what am I to do?