+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

insurance/pregnancy/visa

sunflowersmel

Feb 15, 2012
Hi, my husband is waiting to hear about a job in BC that will be for a year minimum with possibility of extension. He would therefore come on a work visa. What would me and my 14 month old baby come on? The reason I ask is that I am trying to get pregnant again and need to know what status I would have- visitor, temporary resident etc.. to see what health insurance we need or are entitled to? I understand that in some areas health insurance comes after three months if you pay Canadian taxes, which he will. But he's not going to become pregnant! Would I need private insurance? Any advice please.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to the MSP website, see http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/eligible.html#who your husband might be eligible for MSP if he is on a work permit and if you come with him as his dependent, you would also be eligible. There is a 3 month wait for MSP though so you should at least have emergency insurance to cover your family for 3 months.

You should all apply for your visas together, your husband for a work permit and you and the child for visit visas (TRV's). If you might want to work, you could apply for an open work permit instead but you can also do that later although if you do it later, it might take a month or two.

shane99

Nov 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sunflowersme,

If you need complete solution of your question please visit this website.
http://www.global-health-insurance.com/maternity/

I am sure after visit this website you can happy.

If you need more info of anything please let me know.

Thanks

Regards
Shane

chowder101

Aug 5, 2011
Hi I'm very new here. Im very interested to know more about this insurance company. We'll be landing Toronto early June. I've read in this forum that most insurance companies cover until 32 weeks only. What about Global health ? By the time we land, I'll be 24weeks pregnant, so while on the 3 month waiting period for OHIP eligibility, i am hoping this company can provide maternity coverage. By the end of waiting period, I'll be 36weeks then.

Thank you!
Regards to all
- chowder

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
shane99 said:
Hi Sunflowersme,

If you need complete solution of your question please visit this website.
http://www.global-health-insurance.com/maternity/

I am sure after visit this website you can happy.

If you need more info of anything please let me know.

Thanks

SUPER.
I try to find lot about similer cover but fail ,
Can you please tell if any practical experience with this cover .
Is this cover available from UK ?

Regards
Shane

haver

May 30, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately, no company covers delivery and most cover only up to 18 weeks. Manulife Financial offers coverage for up to 32 weeks

chowder101

Aug 5, 2011
so what do you advice me to do then? toronto is our choice because a close friend offered their house for us to stay and a possible job awaits.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chowder101 said:
so what do you advice me to do then? toronto is our choice because a close friend offered their house for us to stay and a possible job awaits.
Instead of moving to Toronto right after landing, I would suggest you go to province such as Alberta which provincial health coverage (including delivery) has no waiting time and begins immediately after landing. Stay there for at least six months.

The major cities in Alberta are: Calgary and Edmonton