+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Insurance Adjusters and Claims Examiners NOC 1233 clarification requested

PR-aspirant

Jun 26, 2011
hi fellow insurance applicants,

I'd like some advice from you guys. can u pls kindly help me on this.

I worked for 4+ yrs in the insurance industry and was a 'branch service, underwriting and claims executive'. Though my title is not exactly a 'claims adjuster / examiner', most of my primary responsibilities were similar to the ones listed in the NOC 1233 document, namely: examination / scrutiny of documents, decision making on cases, ascertainment for risk investigation to be done or not, making field visits, evidence & investigation in cases of inappropriate claims, co-ordination with doctors / third party vendors / investigators, assisting corporate claims dept with final decision of settlement / repudiation

As u can see from above, the job description matches but the title necessarily may not (but includes 'claims'), since i was ALSO involved in other activities in my job besides the above listed. do you think i can apply under 1233 since i was doing all the activities needed to be eligible under this category.

pls advice. thanks very much in advance for your help.

PR-aspirant

beaanddrei

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
18-02-2011
Med's Done....
04-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
PR-aspirant said:
hi fellow insurance applicants,

I'd like some advice from you guys. can u pls kindly help me on this.

I worked for 4+ yrs in the insurance industry and was a 'branch service, underwriting and claims executive'. Though my title is not exactly a 'claims adjuster / examiner', most of my primary responsibilities were similar to the ones listed in the NOC 1233 document, namely: examination / scrutiny of documents, decision making on cases, ascertainment for risk investigation to be done or not, making field visits, evidence & investigation in cases of inappropriate claims, co-ordination with doctors / third party vendors / investigators, assisting corporate claims dept with final decision of settlement / repudiation

As u can see from above, the job description matches but the title necessarily may not (but includes 'claims'), since i was ALSO involved in other activities in my job besides the above listed. do you think i can apply under 1233 since i was doing all the activities needed to be eligible under this category.

pls advice. thanks very much in advance for your help.

PR-aspirant
hello PR aspirant..... CIC and your VO would know that it is your official position/title and it should be indicated in your employment certification..... just make sure that all of this functions (as claims examiner, etc.) are clearly stated as one of your official functions.....

PR-aspirant

Jun 26, 2011
hi beaanddrei,

Thanks very much for your reply. So if my understanding is correct, as long as you have exposure to being a claims examiner, that should suffice. This is relieving since i'm awaiting my IELTS scores and very soon will hopefully apply for the same.

Thanks again and congrats on getting your visa recently. All the best to you!

beaanddrei

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
18-02-2011
Med's Done....
04-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
PR-aspirant said:
hi beaanddrei,

Thanks very much for your reply. So if my understanding is correct, as long as you have exposure to being a claims examiner, that should suffice. This is relieving since i'm awaiting my IELTS scores and very soon will hopefully apply for the same.

Thanks again and congrats on getting your visa recently. All the best to you!
yeah.... big points also if you are employed by an insurance company.... if you dont mind, you are from where? ;)

beaanddrei

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
18-02-2011
Med's Done....
04-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
PR-aspirant said:
oh yes, i spent those four years in a life insurance company in india my friend :)

what abt u?
from the philippines..... goodluck with your application.... hopefully you get your visa too.....

PJ126

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/12/2010
AOR Received.
09/03/2011
File Transfer...
01/04/2011
My title didn't match with 1233 too and only some of my duties matched, but when i filled out the apps and the reference letters from my employers specially emphazied on the duties that related.

PR-aspirant

Jun 26, 2011
PJ126, thanks for your reply. I'm believing that the idea of your duties performed is what really matters than the job title. Thanks for your info, it helps!

PR-aspirant

Jun 26, 2011
Hi. Do you have to attach experience certificates from all past employers? I only have a reference letter from my insurance employer based on which I do qualify to apply under 1233. Will this be enough?

actungbabyk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-7-14
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
Nomination.....
No
Hi guys i have already applied under NOC 1233. But yet to receive any response from CIO or CIC. Will update once i have any info. By the way I am working for a third party vendor which is a insurance company. Is it ok. Pls advice.

And does any one of u have info abt how long will i get an reply. :)

chessie888

Aug 4, 2011
Hi actungbabyk, i am also applying under NOC 1233 though i haven't lodge my application yet but i will next month. How is your application going on? I would like to know how long you got a reply. Thanks! :)

actungbabyk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-7-14
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
Nomination.....
No
chessie888 said:
Hi actungbabyk, i am also applying under NOC 1233 though i haven't lodge my application yet but i will next month. How is your application going on? I would like to know how long you got a reply. Thanks! :)
Hi Chesse

I have sent in my application, yet to receive any sort of reply from CIO. Learnt from a few friends it might take abt 1 and half month to receive reply. Eagerly waiting..... ::)

Daash

Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th feb 2011
AOR Received.
20th march 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
RBVO since 5th April 2011- IN PROCESS at present
Med's Request
21st October 2011 by God's Grace
Med's Done....
Med Furtherance submitted to embassy on 12.12.2011- Medical Received line since 15.01.2012 by God's Grace
Interview........
Waived by God's Grace
Passport Req..
21st October 2011 by God's Grace- Submitted on 11th NOv by God's Grace
VISA ISSUED...
17.04.2012 by God's Grace
LANDED..........
15.05.2012 by God's Grace
Hi GUys

i have also applied under this NOC
Visa office is Delhi

am a loss adjuster here in India