+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inside story of the Occupation “Cooks

S

shibuya

Though we all know that cooks are mainly responsible for cooking of delicious food, given below is the detailed description of duties that need to be performed by cooks:

Preparation and cooking of complete meals, individual foods or dishes
Preparation and cooking of special meals as guided by the chef or dietician, especially for patients
Supervise and set schedule for kitchen helpers
Watch over all kitchen operations
Maintain records and inventory of food, equipments and other supplies
May need to set up buffets and oversee them
May need to clean work area and kitchen
May have to plan menus, determine food portion sizes to be served
Monitor and estimate food costs, requirements and order for supplies accordingly
May have to hire kitchen staff and train them
You may also have a specialization in preparation and cooking of special dishes or ethnic cuisine
Hence, with a well-nurtured cooking talent, if you have the ability to cook different variety of food items, you can be employed in healthcare institutions, restaurants, educational institutions, central food commissaries and various other establishments. You can also be employed aboard ships as well as at logging and construction campsites.

Job titles that are included under this occupation are: apprentice cook, dietary cook, hospital cook, grill cook, journeyman cook, hospital cook, short order cook.

murtazaabbasi

Mar 9, 2010
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2010
Doc's Request.
12-July-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
12-July-2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
Done on 3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
Sent by E-medical System
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
yes, rcvd PR1
VISA ISSUED...
Got it
LANDED..........
landed 24-May2015, Decision made 22-2-2019. Next Oath
I think we IT poeple can manage kitchen inventory well and simply need to learn cooking , this is only the way to go to Canada only ;)

manir

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-06-2009
Re: Inside story of the Occupation “Cooks

:D I totally agree with you. :D

ssy81

Star Member
Dec 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Nomination.....
28-02-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2014
Med's Request
29-02-2016 / Rcvd 26-03-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
Good willing
The question is, does a cook / welder / plumber etc. eligible professions need an University degree to practice his profession? Or IELTS band 7? I don't think so. Then how this person can cover the other immigration criteria to reach to 67 points...

S

shibuya

There r lots of guys and gals who have done Hotel Management but have started their career as a cook. They r well qualified and will surely fit the bill.

chef

Star Member
Mar 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shibuya said:
There r lots of guys and gals who have done Hotel Management but have started their career as a cook. They r well qualified and will surely fit the bill.
hi

ru applied as coook
pls

vics4u

May 20, 2010
WELL, FUNNY THINGS HAPPENING AGAIN!!! SAME AS IN AUSTRALIA....HOWEVER, IF YOU GUYS THINK THAT COOKING IS EASY, YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG. COOKING IS AN ART....AND VERY FEW IN A MILLION IS BORN AN ARTIST. HOPE YOU UNDERSTOOD!!! :mad:

JigJig

Feb 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-14-2010
AOR Received.
16-03-10
Med's Done....
16-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2011
murtazaabbasi said:
I think we IT poeple can manage kitchen inventory well and simply need to learn cooking , this is only the way to go to Canada only ;)
I can operate a microwave.. does this count? :p

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Ha Ha, JigJig....with that logic I am surprised you haven't applied under 3215 Medical Radiation Technologists....their numbers are VERY low! buzzzzz buzzzz buzzzz DING!
vics4u: Hats off to the real cooks - you are appreciated.

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssy81 said:
The question is, does a cook / welder / plumber etc. eligible professions need an University degree to practice his profession? Or IELTS band 7? I don't think so. Then how this person can cover the other immigration criteria to reach to 67 points...
You do not need a university degree to be successful. Experience is the key, I would never hire a person with a degree only.. bring me experience, talent, attitude, enthusiasm. As to IELTS, what do yo mean? A cook cannot speak English? By the way, we know that one can buy degrees in India, see University of Bangalore. So what is it worth? Nothing.

LibbyLubby

Star Member
Sep 20, 2009
Leicestershire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0631/0632
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/09/09
Doc's Request.
06/04/10
AOR Received.
28/04/10
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27/01/10
Have to agree with the last post experience is the Key, My husband is the Principle and has worked in bars resturants and nightclubs all over the world from HK,Malaysia to Texas and here in the UK/Spain since the age of 18yrs ( Now 38), he has no degree only diplomas in hospitality management & Food service, but because of that experience and his diplomas we made up to 73 points to qualify!! With no relatives in Canada ( and only my 3 year college education as a childcare manager) ...so if you IT peeps have that kind of experience there are some fab culinary schools you can attend to get the cooking under your belt ;D ( A fabulous one in London Ontario if you get to Canada and have problems getting IT jobs!!!!)

Huge respect to Hospitality peeps who work so hard to make everyone else happy...

Lots of Love and Luck to all.
Liv xx