+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inside Canada visitor visa processing delay

dipu.sust

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Canada
Category........
STUDY
I applied for a visitor visa inside Canada on Dec 10, 2023. Till date no final decision has been made, despite the regular processing time currently being 17 days. I already contacted IRCC client support center over the phone and also raised a webform. However, nothing has expidited the situation. Is there anyone in the same situation?

Additionally, I’m planning to fly outside Canada very soon and I fear that I wouldn’t get the final decision by the time I am away. If I get the passport request when I am away from Canada, can I submit my passport outside of Canada and to the nearest VAC?

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Yes you can submit your passport anywhere.
I will suggest not to travel until you get your ppr, its risky if you are refused.

PooriaNo

Jan 8, 2024
Hi,
Same here, I applied for my visa (inside Canada) on Oct. 29, 2023. Still waiting… Is there any update in your application status?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi,
Same here, I applied for my visa (inside Canada) on Oct. 29, 2023. Still waiting… Is there any update in your application status?
Have you tried to contact them? Looks like it’s long waiting for trv inside Canada.
My partner applied 1st January. Approved 17th January. They received passport 19th and passport was in the our mail box with stamped visa 26th January.