+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inquiry regarding Permanent Residence as Federal Skilled Worker.Please help!

Mar 20, 2009
Hello Guys,

My sister who is residing in the Philippines now applied for Permanent Residence as Federal Skilled Worker in Canada way back December 2004.She already completed all the pertinent documents.Recently she received a letter from Canadian Embassy here in the Philippines last November 2008 stating that she has to wait for the 90 days to confirm if she is still interested to proceed with her application. Last February 1, 2009 the 90 days waiting period already lapsed.So, my question is how many months will it takes to start the processing for her application? or what is the next step for her application? Reply will be highly appreciated.God Bless!

Have a nice day!

Mr. Young Red24

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I am curious. Did she have to wait 90 days or she had to confirm before 90 days were up?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She probably got a similar letter to what the London office has been using, basically telling her that they are about to start processing her file and if he's changed her mind, she has to let them know so they can refund her fees and if she is still interested, just ignore the letter. If the 90 days are up, it means they are working on the file. How long it takes, nobody knows but the average processing time in Manila is 59 months, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02a-skilled-fed.asp#asia so that's about 5 years and she's right now at 4 yrs. 3 months. Next they will probably send her a letter to update her documents.

Mar 20, 2009
Leon said:
She probably got a similar letter to what the London office has been using, basically telling her that they are about to start processing her file and if he's changed her mind, she has to let them know so they can refund her fees and if she is still interested, just ignore the letter. If the 90 days are up, it means they are working on the file. How long it takes, nobody knows but the average processing time in Manila is 59 months, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02a-skilled-fed.asp#asia so that's about 5 years and she's right now at 4 yrs. 3 months. Next they will probably send her a letter to update her documents.

Hi Leon,

Thank you very much for your prompt response. Yes, she got the letter and it was mentioned that if shes backing out she has to reply to the letter within the 90 days grace period so that she can be eligible for the refund and if no confirmation within 90 days from her they will proceed her PR Application. I got a response from other forum that the next thing she will expect to receive is to update her documents like bank settlement, current work certification, NBI clearance etc. However, i don't have an idea how long it will take to receive the next letter from the embassy.For your information after filling in the Dec. 2004 she received a letter that the processing time for her application is 36 months from March 15, 2005. Hope to hear from you very soon. Thank you again!

Mr. Yong Red24

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I say she should hear from them within a few months. There is no way to tell. The new rules have also made old applications go a bit faster. The key to immigration is patience.