+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

inquiries about Visitor visa for parents in UAE?

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
Hi all,

I am a permanent resident of Canada, I still didn't work since landing, appearantly I can't apply for super visa for my parents since I am unemployed,so I am planning to apply for visitor visa instead, my parents still working both of them in UAE, they don't have any travel history to western countries, however my parents own a residential property in UAE so I think that will give them a good home tie or reason to convice the visa officer that they will return back from Canada, right..?!!.

I have read CIC website regarding the requirements but I have a few inquiries,( tried to send CIC an inquiry but they replied with a vague answer and so general ).

1- one of the requirements is to buy tickets and include it in the application, that is almost 3000$ for the tickets without any guarantees to the application will be approved or not....!!!....what have you guys done with regards to the tickets.?!!.

2- regarding the invitation letter:

this is a bit complicated, I am confused which path to follow:

Scenario 1:

to write the letter my self even though i dont work at the moment and staying in a paid bachelors apartment which is not in my name, but if my parents get the visa, they can rent an apartment during their stay and any other expenses they will take care of it. by the way I am currently in UAE and will prepare the application on behalf of my parents.

- can i have to notarize the letter of invitation from UAE since I am visiting my parents in UAE now?!

Scenario 2:

I have a relative in Alberta,she is cousin of my father, I think she works but not in a good job, but her husband does, so I am thinking to ask them to write the invitation letter,but if i follow this path there is a couple of questions:

- I prefer if they don't mention anything about me as this might raise suspicions to the visa officer that if they son is there why can't he just sponsor them, what you think guys, do u agree?

- i want my parents to stay with me if they got the visa,i mean we shall rent our own flat,but if my relative writes in the letter that my parents will stay with them, will that have any legal consequences on them later on...!!

- is there a cheaper way to notarize the letter in calgary than going to a private public notary.

Q 3- I want my parents to come and visit me in the spring or next summer, and now we are about to enter winter season which is difficult on them ,so can i apply from now and specify a time in april 2016 ?!.....how long will the visa be valid for?....is multi entry more difficult than a single entry

thanks all

geger

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar-Senegal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
Hi I am going to give some answer regarding my case since each case is different.

I applied for my mother in law.

-For the invitation letter, it was not notarized
-For the ticket, I just provided a provisional booking ( free from travel agency).
On the application form, I put visiting period from 6 November 2015 to 3 may 2016. On her visa they put 11 august 2015 to 11 august 2020.
I provided my pay stubs and bank statement for the last 4 months since I am taking charge of everything.

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Yorker13,

I will try to answer your question based on what I have read on this forum. I read a lot of topics here in "Visitor" area for I am also a TRV applicant. I recently submitted my application online (Aug.30, 2015), my Canadian citizen brother invited me to visit him in Canada. Please see my answers in red font.

Hi all,

I am a permanent resident of Canada, I still didn't work since landing, appearantly I can't apply for super visa for my parents since I am unemployed,so I am planning to apply for visitor visa instead, my parents still working both of them in UAE, they don't have any travel history to western countries, however my parents own a residential property in UAE so I think that will give them a good home tie or reason to convice the visa officer that they will return back from Canada, right..?!!.

*** You can try to apply for a TRV for your parents as long as you want but being presently unemployed is not a positive thing on your side. Supporting documents you need to submit that should come from you are documents regarding your financial capacity to support your visitor during their stay in Canada. These are your Employment info, bank statement, and other docs telling that your economically capable.
*** A travel history specially to countries that requires Visa to enter is a helpful add-in in the application. But there are applicants who applied even without this.
*** Work in their homeland UAE and land property docs is a plus thing. Just tell them to get Employment Certificates and leave approval from their employer in writing. Tax returns, pay stubs, car ownership docs, also will help in the application.

I have read CIC website regarding the requirements but I have a few inquiries,( tried to send CIC an inquiry but they replied with a vague answer and so general ).

1- one of the requirements is to buy tickets and include it in the application, that is almost 3000$ for the tickets without any guarantees to the application will be approved or not....!!!....what have you guys done with regards to the tickets.?!!.
*** Based on what I have read here, majority of forumers advised not to buy tickets right away. It is not practical to buy ticket when you're not sure that a visa will be granted. Some advise to get itinerary or booking info if you can get it from a travel agency or just create (your parents) an itinerary detailing the day to day planned activities of their visit.

2- regarding the invitation letter:

this is a bit complicated, I am confused which path to follow:

Scenario 1:

to write the letter my self even though i dont work at the moment and staying in a paid bachelors apartment which is not in my name, but if my parents get the visa, they can rent an apartment during their stay and any other expenses they will take care of it. by the way I am currently in UAE and will prepare the application on behalf of my parents.
*** You're in UAE??? I'm sorry I cannot give any advise or comment on this situation. I have not read any situation wherein the one who is inviting is not in Canada and in the country or place where the one who is being invited. Wait for senior to comment on this.

- can i have to notarize the letter of invitation from UAE since I am visiting my parents in UAE now?!
*** Some successful applicant have invitation letter not notarized. No harm in having the letter notarized, it might have bearing on the immigration officer. (who knows?)

Scenario 2:

I have a relative in Alberta,she is cousin of my father, I think she works but not in a good job, but her husband does, so I am thinking to ask them to write the invitation letter,but if i follow this path there is a couple of questions:

- I prefer if they don't mention anything about me as this might raise suspicions to the visa officer that if they son is there why can't he just sponsor them, what you think guys, do u agree?
*** What I've learned from this forum site is... "Never Lie". One way or another, they will know the real scenario.

- i want my parents to stay with me if they got the visa,i mean we shall rent our own flat,but if my relative writes in the letter that my parents will stay with them, will that have any legal consequences on them later on...!!
*** If you will rent for their visit, you and your parent should show monetarily that you can afford this by showing supporting finance documents like the bank statement (also show bank history). Honestly, your situation not having your own place and unemployed will be a big effect in your parents application.

- is there a cheaper way to notarize the letter in calgary than going to a private public notary.

Q 3- I want my parents to come and visit me in the spring or next summer, and now we are about to enter winter season which is difficult on them ,so can i apply from now and specify a time in april 2016 ?!.....how long will the visa be valid for?....is multi entry more difficult than a single entry
*** You have plenty of time to prepare. Fix the shortcomings you have and improve the things you believe will be a negative factor. Read topics related to your situation in this forum, it's a big HELP.
*** I think up to 6 months max for single entry. But also consider the duration of their visit. Some advise have about 2-3 weeks or at max one month. Applying for 6 months have a high rate of rejection, specially with your current situation.
*** I believe the Canadian immigration is the one to determine if the applicant deserve single or multi entry visa based on the documents submitted.

Regards,

gio

thanks all

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
Thanks geger and giogenre for ur answers,

another question plz , can the letter of invitation be sent through email, or does have to be a hard copy, since i thought i will apply online and i have to scan all the documents including the invitation so if my relatives just sent an email will that be enough . what u think?

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
another question plz , can the letter of invitation be sent through email, or does have to be a hard copy, since i thought i will apply online and i have to scan all the documents including the invitation so if my relatives just sent an email will that be enough . what u think?

The invitation letter obviously will be coming from you and you need to create a Word Document invitation letter for your parents. After that, you need to print it and sign it manually. After signing it and notarized (helpful option), scan and send it to your parents as an e-file that they can attached in their application online. This is assuming that you're in Canada and your parents is in UAE.

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
thanks again for ur answer giogenre,

but the invitation letter will come from my relatives, who r cousin to my father.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yorker13 said:
Being unemployed is fine but it doesn't mean your parents cannot apply super visa. For example, if you have royalties income from UAE which is reflected in your Canadian income and meets LICO, your parents would be eligible to apply.