+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Whats your current status? did you have a visa which you are extending uptill date?if so than you should have sent in an open work permit with your application this would have saved u time because once you receive AIP you get your work permit with it either way you still can apply for an open work permit after you receive AIP it takes I think around two months?? Im not sure though as for health insurance you will also be eligible upon receiving AIP again I think you will have to wait a couple months.

In short you can obtain both a work permit and health insurance upon receiving AIP

Edit*I just relized that you sent in your sponsorship app about ten days ago maybe you can send in the work permit app since your still at the begining of the process ?

cheers

akinmike

Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Material said:
Thanks for your prompt response. This application was for my wife and kids. I used to live and work in the States and I sponsor them to the States about 3 years ago based on my US work permit. I applied for visitor visa in Canada for them and they were issued three years visitor visas since I am a Canadian citizen and she is my spouse and they are my kids as well.

I am back into the country since last year. I am living and working in Canada now and they lives with me here. I put all the documents together with my offer letter and my current pay stub from my current employer in Canada.

That is my current situation. I applied for both work permit and extenstion of thier visitor visas and I hope OWP and Health insuarnce will be issued as soon as the AIP is approved. Without interview

If you have any other ideal or suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,
A

Whats your current status? did you have a visa which you are extending uptill date?if so than you should have sent in an open work permit with your application this would have saved u time because once you receive AIP you get your work permit with it either way you still can apply for an open work permit after you receive AIP it takes I think around two months?? Im not sure though as for health insurance you will also be eligible upon receiving AIP again I think you will have to wait a couple months.

In short you can obtain both a work permit and health insurance upon receiving AIP

Edit*I just relized that you sent in your sponsorship app about ten days ago maybe you can send in the work permit app since your still at the begining of the process ?

cheers

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Hopefully your process will not have problems or delays and will be straight forward I hope that you sent in lots of proof of your relationship just incase, if not you still have a lot of time to do so I know that you have been married for a while and that you have kids but still its always good to send in proof.

Im glad I could help, all the best

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to give everyone an update..
I receieved my letter from Immigration in Charlottetown yesterday..giving me 2 days notice of my interview for Wednesday. I rescheduled it due to not being able to get it off from work so soon to April 13th. Very excited.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
joce288 said:
Just to give everyone an update..
I receieved my letter from Immigration in Charlottetown yesterday..giving me 2 days notice of my interview for Wednesday. I rescheduled it due to not being able to get it off from work so soon to April 13th. Very excited.
landing? yay! congrats ;D

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
Asta said:
i landed after 4 months after AIP.
it depends on officers working with ur file, and how fast they get background checks done etc.
OMG that would be sooo awesome! and you did inland!! I can only pray for that. Me and my wife hate this waiting.. we really want to vacation outside of canada but we gota wait for her PR!

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Friends,
Today on their phone machine system I heard something new for my P.R file. Before it says, "We receieved your application on 16th June 2010" now it says, "We receieved your application on 16th June, your file is in process you will receive some message after 10th March 2011" seems like good news will be at the door step at any time from now on. On their e-cas on line status check is still nill nothing for me.
My time line:

Send application & received by them on 16th June 2010.
they required some documents update on 10th January 2011.
now their phone machine telling this new message on 16th March 2011.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Mark_Anna said:
Hello Friends,
Today on their phone machine system I heard something new for my P.R file. Before it says, "We receieved your application on 16th June 2010" now it says, "We receieved your application on 16th June, your file is in process you will receive some message after 10th March 2011" seems like good news will be at the door step at any time from now on. On their e-cas on line status check is still nill nothing for me.
My time line:

Send application & received by them on 16th June 2010.
they required some documents update on 10th January 2011.
now their phone machine telling this new message on 16th March 2011.
Your case and my case are exactly the same, we sent ours June 15, we sent a client history update form, the phone service system changed the other day and it said the same dates as yours. I called CIC and the agent told me they are doing background checks and we should receive AIP & OWP in about a month and half. Good Luck I hope we don't have to wait much longer.

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Hi everyone who's waiting or happily landed!

What's the deal with not travelling while your PR application is in process? Are there any official restrictions? I have a valid work permit, which technically would allow me to come back to Canada without problems, wouldn’t it?

Thanks for your opinions!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Rudy9909

Aug 24, 2010
Hi everyone,

Just an update on my case here.

So I checked my e-case this morning and it says:

We received your application for permanent residence on March 1, 2010.

We started processing your application on May 18, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on September 2, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on October 20, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on March 19, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

Which means they got my police certificates.
How far am I to the end of thi process?
Is anyone out there in the same situation?

Rudy9909

Aug 24, 2010
By the way, I already got my first stage approval in November the 18th.
So I'm kinda confused about what comes next ad how long it will take

Thanks y'all for the support

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rudy9909 said:
So I'm kinda confused about what comes next ad how long it will take
Thanks y'all for the support
After granting AIP, CIC starts doing the background checks(criminal and medical) according to the website it takes 9 months for the check be completed but I have seen a lot of people having the checks done in less than 5 months. Hang in there you will be landing soon. :)

Venemex

Oct 21, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Veigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 27th, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 26th, 2010 (Quebec)
AOR Received.
December 2nd, 2010
Med's Done....
January 27th, 2010
Interview........
waiting for date
Hi,

I got the letter from CIC saying that my file was transfer to Montreal Office and online said: Decision Made
Is this meaning they will call us for an interview or it just to give me my permanent resident?
Any input on interviews?
Thanks,

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Venemex said:
Hi,

I got the letter from CIC saying that my file was transfer to Montreal Office and online said: Decision Made
Is this meaning they will call us for an interview or it just to give me my permanent resident?
Any input on interviews?
Thanks,
Do you already have AIP? if so it sounds like a landing interview.