+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

Lilian

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
adzees said:
did you go outside Canada between the two dates ?? If yes then it does make sense for having dual medicals. I will call CIC call center next week or tomorrow to inquire about this.
No, I didn't. I received my AIP letter with a request for new medicals and police certificate. The lady on the phone told me - until I get my permanent resident card, my medicals will be older than a year that's why I have to redo it.

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lilian said:
No, I didn't. I received my AIP letter with a request for new medicals and police certificate. The lady on the phone told me - until I get my permanent resident card, my medicals will be older than a year that's why I have to redo it.
Interesting... so if they didn't request us new medicals on the AIP letter it means that my husband will have his PR before Jan 2011?

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
oh okay . so may be i have to redo it too :(. oh well i guess i have to wait for the letter :(

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Janadian said:
Hey you...hows it going today? Feel like on cloud nine? I bet! how did wifey take the news?

We got updated today that our case is being worked on now and has been for the last 2 days.

We should hear a response anytime now. Fingers crossed
janadian.. i am with you.. Hopefully next week you will have a good news :)

Lilian

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
srcc said:
Interesting... so if they didn't request us new medicals on the AIP letter it means that my husband will have his PR before Jan 2011?
If they didn't request anything - I think it is a very good sign.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srcc said:
Looks like CIC will be finishing up with your application very soon. Very nice, srcc.

Lilian

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
robrod said:
I am positive about the 3 month wait for the Ontario Health Card as I am the living proof.
Here in Ontario all new residents (canadian or foreign moving in from other provinces), PRs or First Stage Appovals must wait 3 months for the card to arrive in the mail and the benefits to kick in. The only ones that don't have to wait are newborns in Ontario (like our daughter).
Best of luck in your process, Annabruce!. Yes, let the waiting game begin...
I'm not sure about the 3 months wait...I just applied 2 weeks ago for the OHIP card and today it was in mail ;D

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Lilian said:
I'm not sure about the 3 months wait...I just applied 2 weeks ago for the OHIP card and today it was in mail ;D
I think the case is different if you are working or some such thing. But if you have only been a visitor for the duration of your time here, you have to wait 3 months. I'm living proof of this, as my OHIP kicks in Dec 10. I asked the lady, when I applied in September, why I had to wait 3 months, because I have been here since like Aug 2009. She said I was only a visitor for that time, so I still had to wait. Again, I have no idea about other cases, like if you had a work permit and have been working or something.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Latvian said:
Hey Asta the Lithuanian! ;D
I just joined the forum and now going through some of it's posts and finding some of them quite interesting & useful. however I already submitted my application and now can only hope for the best. I see some people are doing their medicals again, do you know why? I've done mine in July and my son's, who is on the same application, was done in January. Does that mean will have to re-do once these expire?
I apologize for late response beforehand as I'm at work and am getting distracted often ;). This is actually the only forum, which is not yet blocked by our IT, even gmail is locked :(
Write back! Looking forward.
medicals lasts only for a year and if ur application process will take longer ull have to do it again before it expires. they usually request that.

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Hey SGNV ...you out there? How you holding up? :) super excited? or crazy nervous? or both?

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srcc said:
mh!they didn't request anything from either and in my sponsor aproval letter they just say applicant will here from us shortly
Janadian maybe ur file will be aproved right at vegreville mean they will ask u for pasport no need of going to the local office praying for you
how long do we wait till they transfer our file to the local office?

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Hey guys, Just a small update. No good news but news anyway. I am from the Nanaimo office. The lady there was sooo sooo sooo kind to me. They havent received my file yet i dont know how long it takes to receive my file but oh well. She did call around and take the time to find out what was happening and it was in transit i believe, . So i took the opportunity to use a kind person and ask her ALL the questions!. She said i WILL be called in for an interview. She said in about 1 or 2 moinths. The nanaimo office is NOT BUSY . There were a few people there but they were all collecting their PR cards. I wa sthe only one there at that time with a local file transfer issue. Theres also only two people who work there.
The lady wrote my file number down and my name and asked me a few questions ie if i was a student (I guess i look so young!) i told her ive been married for 8 years been together with my husband for 10 years have 3 kids who are all canadian etc etc. She was apologetic that she couldnt help me but i think she did help me!/.
She asked me for my cell phone number and told me as soon as she recieves my file she will call me personally and invite me and my husband for an interview.
I told her i had some evidence/Documentation to add to my file. She said because she didnt have my file she couldnt accept it but she told me to hold on to it until they called me . She guaranteed me it would not be too long a wait. So if she told me 1 to 2 months i am guessing 6 months??.
She said she will remember me when she sees my file. I am crossing my fingers it arrives tomorrow and she calles me next week! hahaha wishful thinking i know!..but oh well nothing wrong with being positive right?
ANyway thats my news for today.

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Black-Berry said:
Hey guys, Just a small update. No good news but news anyway. I am from the Nanaimo office. The lady there was sooo sooo sooo kind to me. They havent received my file yet i dont know how long it takes to receive my file but oh well. She did call around and take the time to find out what was happening and it was in transit i believe, . So i took the opportunity to use a kind person and ask her ALL the questions!. She said i WILL be called in for an interview. She said in about 1 or 2 moinths. The nanaimo office is NOT BUSY . There were a few people there but they were all collecting their PR cards. I wa sthe only one there at that time with a local file transfer issue. Theres also only two people who work there.
The lady wrote my file number down and my name and asked me a few questions ie if i was a student (I guess i look so young!) i told her ive been married for 8 years been together with my husband for 10 years have 3 kids who are all canadian etc etc. She was apologetic that she couldnt help me but i think she did help me!/.
She asked me for my cell phone number and told me as soon as she recieves my file she will call me personally and invite me and my husband for an interview.
I told her i had some evidence/Documentation to add to my file. She said because she didnt have my file she couldnt accept it but she told me to hold on to it until they called me . She guaranteed me it would not be too long a wait. So if she told me 1 to 2 months i am guessing 6 months??.
She said she will remember me when she sees my file. I am crossing my fingers it arrives tomorrow and she calles me next week! hahaha wishful thinking i know!..but oh well nothing wrong with being positive right?
ANyway thats my news for today.
Good News Black_Berry! I know someone close to me who had to go to interview..they were crushed as well..in the end, they were called to interview in approx 2 months..(March) then had a decision sent to them granting them frst stage in May. I can't speculate that this will happen to you...but I'm saying its more than possible that you could have a favourable decision. You seem genuine to me and I haven't even see it on your face. And they will! You convince me with your words and how you speak of your family. I'm no IO but its hard to belive anyone would keep such alovley family apart.
Just hang in there...its not a matter of not getting through this process...its just a matter of being strong enough to wait a lil longer and get through your interview. The experience of the ppl I know who did it was very positive. They said the officer was lovley and it was over quick and painlessly.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Janadian said:
Good News Black_Berry! I know someone close to me who had to go to interview..they were crushed as well..in the end, they were called to interview in approx 2 months..(March) then had a decision sent to them granting them frst stage in May. I can't speculate that this will happen to you...but I'm saying its more than possible that you could have a favourable decision. You seem genuine to me and I haven't even see it on your face. And they will! You convince me with your words and how you speak of your family. I'm no IO but its hard to belive anyone would keep such alovley family apart.
Just hang in there...its not a matter of not getting through this process...its just a matter of being strong enough to wait a lil longer and get through your interview. The experience of the ppl I know who did it was very positive. They said the officer was lovley and it was over quick and painlessly.
janadian!. that sounds sooo soo good to me right now!. I think the lady also saw how crushed i was. She didnt rush me even though there were people in line waiting behind me. As soon as she saw my letter of transfer she was sure she hadnt seen it. I asked her how she knew wiyhout checking. SHe said they dont receive that many!. I am soo hopeful Janadian!!. I was sincere and honest and told her when i was applying we were also looking for a house to buy so i didnt think or have time to take the time to put in alot of evidence . She was like Ahhh thats why it was transferred here then!..

I will accept all the good predictions. I will take the time and make a nice think fat file of all my evidence .
Question about wills and pictures. I have about 100 photos. various times in our lives, etc. Do i get them back??. SHould i make two copies just in case?. Hmmm . Not sure!.. should i certify the wills, Insurance papers,

For those who have got AIP. Can you tell me what you sent?. Was it a lot?. I just dont wanna send too little stuff!. i want my whole life out there. Even thopugh the outcome is bad. AT least i dont wanna regret not sending certain stuff. Im trying to think of anything. I asked my mother in law and father in law to handwrite letters adressed to them saying they have known me etc and am married to their son for 8 years and we are in a loving relationship . also explain how they first met me.
then we asked my husbands cousins to write letters as well. and also my mom and my relatives wrote letters on how they view our relationship. Plus a whole lot of other stuff including the first emails he sent me and all the presents he got me. he loves jewellery and he gifts me mementos alot so its easy to wear my jewellery. I also gift him jewellery and on our wedding badns, his name is in mine and my name is in his.
Now its just a matter of waiting.
thanks for all the good wishes. I have a good feeling after today!.
janadian you shoudl also hear something soon!. Fingers crossed for yah!.

wes786 said:
That's very kind hope you hear some good news soon!
Thank you Wes!!.i will keep everyone up to date!. i hope i do help and encourage anybody else who comes after me and goes through this!. I feel like ive been through fire and walked through it and i hope anyone else would benefit from my experience.