Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Just submitted our application today!
I pray that God and my grandpa watch over it. I trust them.

So now what kind of hobby should I pick up on for the next 7-8 months?

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
djredeyes said:
finally got my client Number from the mail, log on to ecas and it sez " in Process"..tnk GOD
:D ;) :D :p :p :p :p :-*

T/L:
16/03/10 app sent
17/03/10 app rcd vegreville
08/06/10 visit extended
01/06/10 start processing
yey! congrats! :)

conurus

Nov 18, 2009
joce288 said:
anyone know if the FBI criminal background check needs to be received before OWP is granted?
My wife got an OWP at the same time as the letter requesting medicals and police check. We did not do the medical at the same time as we sent in our application out of fear that it is only valid for 6 months, and Hong Kong would not give a record of no criminal convictions unless it was requested by some foreign immigration.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
I just wanted to introduce myself, i have been "lurking". for a while and i just wanted to encourage all of you that i have been very consoled by reading all your stories, triumphs etc. I put in my application with an OWP in january , they started processing my application as in the ecas website on the 30th of March. I have not heard anything since. For m , My husband is Canadian. My kids are also canadian through the first generation rule that they implemented. So them they got their citizenship certificates in 2 months!.

This has been a very very frustrating wait for me and i am losing my patience!. to stay somewhat sane i come here and feel encouraged that i am not alone. . I have cried many tears of frustration. i dont even go to the CIC website anymore because it has been saying "In process". for the longest while!.. I cant drive, i cant work, im broke!. my hubby has kind of a job. that we brely survive on. this is definitely a trying time for me and my fmily. We also have young kids, i need to work ASAP or i will totally lose my mind. without me driving, i cant drop the kids anywhere!. i live on vancouver island so everyone has a car. its the only way to get anywhere. My husband cannNOT afford to stay home and chauffeur us back and forth because he takes any job that comes his way..

i am told i cannot even leave the country to go to my country to freely work incase my application is revoked!. Can life be any worse??. I had a drivers licence from my country that i can only drive on for 90 days here in BC. Do these people consider anyone who has a family? sometimes i wonder, My children are canadian, im their mother, i NEEED to be sane and not pulling out my hair everyday in order to be a functional family.

We came to canada in November 2009, i put in my application in january, 2010 they started prcessing in March 31st,

Okay this is what is weird, i went to the states a few times and came back while my application was "in process'. the IO at the border were very very sweet!, I was 100% honest with thm. i even voiced my frustration, the last time i crossed over was in April, I didnt know my case number yet, They called me in the office and gave me everything!. My case number, and told me how far my process had reached, they told me my OWP has started being processed, they were very nice to me and wished us luck. and that is how i go mycase number, on a "post-it" yellow note its tucked away "safely in my purse.

sorry if im babbling. but this forum has brought me alot of joy in reading all your stories, i decided to share mines :)

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
Nice to meet you Black-Berry! Welcome to the forum! I am the sponsor, it's my husband who cannot work. It's frustrating for both of us, because who knows when he will finally get an OWP! We don't check e-cas either, it doesn't change, and we hear nothing....all we can do is be patient and try to not go crazy!

Where are you from?

jordana

May 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe this thread is the best part to post my time line:

I'm an Inland applicant. 26 years old, form Spain, my husband is 33, we met almost four years ago and got married on July 25th 2009.
I'm graduated from college, I have a master's degree, I'm in perfect health (touches wood) I speak 5 languages, including the two official Canadian languages fluently, that is, English and French.

Time Line:

Visitor extension application sent: 10 August 2009, the expiration date of my previous visitor extension was Sep 13 2009
INLAND Application received:7 October 2009
Started processing: 26 Nov 2009
CIC letter received: 7 May 2010
Application sent to obtain CSQ: 11 May 2010
CSQ arrived: 7 July of 2010

Call to the call center on 12th July, asking if they received the CSQ in Vegreville. They confirmed that they got my CSQ and also warned me that the extension I applied for on August 10th expired on May 20th and that I was on my 90 day period to renew my status. I must point out that since August 10th, I didn't received any letter, document or warning of any type concerning this subject. I just found out by randomly calling the call center.

Application to renew visitors status sent via ONLINE: 12 July 2010

Now waiting for Renewal of Visitor's status and AIP...

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Black-Berry said:
I just wanted to introduce myself, i have been "lurking". for a while and i just wanted to encourage all of you that i have been very consoled by reading all your stories, triumphs etc. I put in my application with an OWP in january , they started processing my application as in the ecas website on the 30th of March. I have not heard anything since. For m , My husband is Canadian. My kids are also canadian through the first generation rule that they implemented. So them they got their citizenship certificates in 2 months!.

This has been a very very frustrating wait for me and i am losing my patience!. to stay somewhat sane i come here and feel encouraged that i am not alone. . I have cried many tears of frustration. i dont even go to the CIC website anymore because it has been saying "In process". for the longest while!.. I cant drive, i cant work, im broke!. my hubby has kind of a job. that we brely survive on. this is definitely a trying time for me and my fmily. We also have young kids, i need to work ASAP or i will totally lose my mind. without me driving, i cant drop the kids anywhere!. i live on vancouver island so everyone has a car. its the only way to get anywhere. My husband cannNOT afford to stay home and chauffeur us back and forth because he takes any job that comes his way..

i am told i cannot even leave the country to go to my country to freely work incase my application is revoked!. Can life be any worse??.
Hi, that question if life can be any worse hit my head. actually it can be worse and much much worse. u are lucky - u have a loving husband, u have lovely kids. u all have 2 arms and 2 legs etc. I am being sponsored. we applied in february. since i have so much time, i watch all kinda tv shows on tv, and see how some people are not lucky, having bad sicknesses, mentally sick kids, etc etc. so it always reminds me that i shouldnt complain how i hate my situation now. u should think about it too ;) u are a month ahead of me so keep updating us :) good luck!

MD2B

Jul 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Black-berry:
is there a particular reason preventing you from driving? I was just posting a Q whether or not folks awaiting PR status (ie on visitor or implied status) are permitted to get licenced in Canada?
I ask this from an immigration perspective, as from the provincial sense, there is no problem legally driving as a visitor or getting a licence.
I just dont want to screw anything for my wife by getting her a learners permit if its not allowed until u are pr! she doesnt have a drivers licence from her country.
:D
M

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Hi Asta, i didnt literally mean that im the worst a it can get!.I know and i understand fully what you are sayiong. Its just a rhetorical question ykno . This experience is draining and you really need lots of patience and control. To be honest i have had the urge to call the tshi out of immigration everyday because its brining other issues which i never foresaw. I mean this i the first time in years i have been without anything to do at all.. so it is different..

As for the driving, I dont know which province you are in but i am in BC. I can drive and im originally from kenya, but i lived in bermuda for 9 years before coming here. I have a Bermudian DL which is valid but if you come into BC you can only use it for 90 days. I went to ICBC and i cant get a learners permit. leave alone any licence. without my current immigration status. they only accept work permit, perm residence cert, Canadian care card, canadian Birth cert, canadian passport. THEY DO NOT ACCEPT A VISA REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU ARE AWAITING YOUR PAPERS OR NOT. Basically you need two pieces of CANADIAN ISSUED i.D. if you get your OWP, you can use that to apply for a BC health care card and that can be my two pieces of id. basically without your permanent record from here or even a letter stating you are permanently allowe to b here, you cant do the exam. i have been to ICBC numerous times and ive tried explaining my case and that i have years of good driving under my belt and i was willing to prove it by letters from the gvt in bermuda to ascertain this.. BUT... nothing. They are very trict about this. as i said before i dont know what province you are in so it may be different than in BC.
Here is the link for driving in BC icbc.com

started processing : March 31st, 2010 (still heard nothing yet)

Msaso

Apr 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Black berry, I understand your desperation, I have felt the same.
You need to be very patient because my process started in January 21th and just this July 13th was the day I received my letter of first approval and OWP.
Y suggest to you work as a volunteer, I know you need the money but at least, you will be a busy woman and time pass faster!

GOOD LUCK

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Yaaaayyy Msaso!!... very very happy for you!. that means i will get mines in about five to six months?. ?. thats do-able i think. And if i go by that i should be getting mines in the next eight weeks. How long was your OWP for?. i understand your OWP is issued in the timeframe the PR card will take to be issued???
I see a glimmer of hope :D

niseguy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Justina: we received a letter to come for an interview on july 28th.... could u please mail me what ur interview was like and what to expect.....

niseguy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Jdwhite: we received a letter to come for an interview on july 28th.... could u please mail me what ur interview was like and what to expect.....

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
@ niseguy...

we have not been called for an interview yet. patiently, and sometimes not so patiently waiting.It's been 4 months since our app was sent to the local office without AIP...maybe our turn is coming soon?

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh wow! i am ONE day away from having my application receive AIP if it indeed does.. CIC is on Nov. 26th and mine was received the 27th...how frustrating seeing as how it took them a month or more to process the rest of november! crossing my fingers!