+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

Jan 21, 2010
-April 2007 we filed our in-land sponsoship case in

- October 2007 was transferred to local office

-June 2009 received letter from local office (almost after 1 yr and 8 months of transfer date ) asking to submit pay stubs, passport copies, bank statements , bills etc

-August 2009 received letter "it has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status......however a final decision will not be made until all the remaining requirements of becoming permanent resident have been met.."

- August 2009 (again) received letter asking to do medical exam for second time (1st one was when i submitted app in Apr 07) , plus fingerprints for back ground check, and "right to be permanent residence fee "

i already sent everything .. i called immigration call center 1888 242 2100
they said everything is fine medical was received, they have everything they need, just awaiting security clearance

how long it takes for security check???

etriumph

Nov 8, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stewie Griffin said:
-April 2007 we filed our in-land sponsoship case in

- October 2007 was transferred to local office

-June 2009 received letter from local office (almost after 1 yr and 8 months of transfer date ) asking to submit pay stubs, passport copies, bank statements , bills etc

-August 2009 received letter "it has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status......however a final decision will not be made until all the remaining requirements of becoming permanent resident have been met.."

- August 2009 (again) received letter asking to do medical exam for second time (1st one was when i submitted app in Apr 07) , plus fingerprints for back ground check, and "right to be permanent residence fee "

i already sent everything .. i called immigration call center 1888 242 2100
they said everything is fine medical was received, they have everything they need, just awaiting security clearance

how long it takes for security check???
Hi I wrote this in another post:
Since June I haven't heard anything from CIC, so I called last week to ask and the agent told me they are still doing background checkings, also I apply for FOSS, which is going to tell me exactly what is going on with my case.

There are differents background checks, the normal wich last from 90 to 120 days, or a depth one which is made from 180 days to 18 months. I believe in our case they are doing a depth one because after AIP, normally you get landed in 3 to 4 months and we still here, 7 months and counting, what are they checking I dont know, but I will, best wishes to all of you. Please continue sharing Inlanders!

Jan 21, 2010
thanx for ur reply ..i really hope that they are not doing "in depth" check
they did ask me to send in the original "back ground check" results i received from newyork
cus i was in ny for 10yrs n almost 7 yrs here now .. i already had ssent em my NYc background chks bak in apr 2007 when we first submitted the case...i dont understand wat are they checking ..i mean i ve been in North america since iwas 12 .. and all background checks are clear here(FBI, Nyc police, Rcmp) ... y would they need to do security chk for me for pakistan before i was 12 ...wats the point of doing that thats if they are ..which i dont know .... but hope they dont ..cus itll take tooo long i m guessing... anyway the immi. call center asked me to call back at the end of jan ill keep u guys updated

jc_sagala

Oct 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 23, 2009
AOR Received.
July 29, 2009
How are you guys. I am now in the point of So near yet so far. Currently i quit my job waiting for the first stage of approval because it gives me much stress Like if i really completed my forms well? you know? or did i miss something. Paranoia galore! They are processing July 14 its like a week and a half more from when they got my applications. So im kinda anxious at the moment. I will update you guys on whats gonna happen next. I am expecting a letter by the end of this month. I hope it arrives soon so that my stressors would end as well.

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Visa extended for one year :D

And almost one month passed... 5 months to go...

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Hello, i am new to this site, been reading around.
me and my husband planning to send in our inland application as soon as we get a letter from his employer and his income papers. he is canadian and is sponsoring me as wife (im lithuanian). hopefully we send papers next week.
i was wondering if i can do a volunteer work, cause its really getting bored to sit at home. been here 4 months already. i saw some answers that it is allowed. so anybody doing any volunteer work?

anyways good luck to everyone and to me too hehe ;)

Lylyth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
Welcome Asta !

Yes volunteer work is fine. My husband also volunteers at the hospital, doing meals on wheels, driving seniors to their appointments and did some tutoring (all non-monetary) at the high school, while we wait for his AIP to be approved. He was getting bored too, so decided that he might as well do something for the community while we wait.

Good luck with your application :D

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011

Lylyth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
Any good news for our fellow Inlanders?

It seems that inland applications are at a snail's pace. Ecas still says up to July 31, 2009 applications for the past 2 weeks. Not sure why, but hope they start processing applications faster.

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lylyth said:

It seems that inland applications are at a snail's pace. Ecas still says up to July 31, 2009 applications for the past 2 weeks. Not sure why, but hope they start processing applications faster.
I've got a bit of good news. I finally received my visitor extension in the mail over the weekend and can now get my health card for the birth of my baby! & I also finally got something logging on to E-Cas

We received your application for permanent residence on November 27, 2009.

We started processing your application on February 10, 2010.

Wondering how long it'll be from here? Anyone else's processing yet? Feels quick to me..suppose I shouldn't complain though!!

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
I mailed my application in December 14th and haven't seen mine yet, though joce288 you are only like 2 weeks behind me. I hope to hear something soon!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Lylyth said:

i think they might be watching Olympics at work ;D

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
;D Asta ur hilarious!

Just to make everyone smile while waiting for their PR, you can check out this hilarious commercial, aired during the Olympics, featuring a U.S. border guard.

http://www.sportchek.ca/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3939385

My American self and my Canadian husband were howling!

Lylyth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
Oh my, just checked eCas and it said....I am really nervous /butterflies

We received your application for permanent residence on August 21, 2009.
We started processing your application on September 18, 2009.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on February 15, 2010 to XXXXXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Don't get butterflies, yet, Lylyth, this is probably really good news. This is about the time when they would be approving first-stage for your timeframe. It doesn't look like there is anything particularly negative on your e-CAS, so its probably good for you.

Keep us posted! :)