+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**** Inland TRV applications that are in Background Checks *****

MMX

Star Member
Oct 11, 2012
Hi,
I applied for my TRV on Sep 4, 2017. I am inland applicant and on a PGWP. Today I saw that my application is going through background checks. I had already applied for my PR in Feb 2017, that is still pending due to background checks.

I know this sub-forum is for the express entry applicants, but I think people who have applied for PR and going through background checks, also experience delays in TRV applications.

So anyone of you who has applied for a TRV (within Canada) and is going through background checks, please post on this thread and we can have some idea how much time it is taking for background checks to get done for TRV.

Thanks!

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
Hi,
I applied for my TRV on Sep 4, 2017. I am inland applicant and on a PGWP. Today I saw that my application is going through background checks. I had already applied for my PR in Feb 2017, that is still pending due to background checks.

I know this sub-forum is for the express entry applicants, but I think people who have applied for PR and going through background checks, also experience delays in TRV applications.

So anyone of you who has applied for a TRV (within Canada) and is going through background checks, please post on this thread and we can have some idea how much time it is taking for background checks to get done for TRV.

Thanks!
The whole TRV process based on my BOWP took me less than 2 weeks.

MMX

Star Member
Oct 11, 2012
The whole TRV process based on my BOWP took me less than 2 weeks.
You were lucky as your application for PR did not go into security screening. Probably that is the reason why it did not take much time for you

Yumz

Mar 19, 2015
You were lucky as your application for PR did not go into security screening. Probably that is the reason why it did not take much time for you
Hey MMX, i know this thread is now old but i'm stuck in a very similar situation where my PR application is in SS (its been a full year now) and my TRV application (in-land) has exceeded normal processing time (its been 3 months now).

How long did it take you to get the TRV finally? or did you automatically get the PR then? i really need to travel soon and because of this i'm stuck in Canada. would really appreciate any help.