+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Timeline..

J

jdwhite21

Hey everybody:

Just wondering if anybody that is applying for in-land sponsorship or has done so recently could give me any idea what kind of timeline that they are experiencing???

Thanks for the input

Jessie :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On this board, we are seeing recent cases of people getting their AIP and open work permit as early as 5 months and PR after 7 to 9 and also people still waiting for AIP after 9 months or people who already got AIP and still waiting for PR after 18 months. Worst case if your application is sent to the local office without AIP because there were questions about something, depending on their timeline, you may be waiting 2-3 years for an interview with them. One couple on here was told 3 years before their file is even looked at and they were considering either moving and trying to get it transferred to a different office or maybe withdrawing and applying again outland.

DUNDEE

Jun 5, 2009
Re: file transered to local cic office

Hi everybody i am new to this forum and never knew that it existed until yesterday,anyway i have a little concern that i would like to know the answer.I have applied inland for permanent residency as a spouse,my aplication was recieved at vegreville in sept.08 and start processing in oct.08,i recieved a letter from cic in march of 09 requesting additional ducuments,ducuments was send and was recieved in april.09.I got a second letter stating that i was approved for pr in the same month of april09 and that i can now apply for an open work permit or study permit;which ever,in the letter it also state that i must do my medical and also in the letter was a prescribe form with my name ,address,client id,etc,which state that i must take it to the Docter on the day of my medical.
I went and did my medical in may 09 and it was received in june 09, i had also submitted all my finger printing and it was confrim recieved.My wife also got her sponsorship approval in the mail the same time i got mine,we got Aip without being interview,however,i checked both me and my wife application status on E_cas yesterday and both of them said this;We have transfered your application to your local cic office in oshawa on june 09,your local office may contact you.The status on my aplication still say in process is this normal even after your file have been transfered to your local cic,is the oshawa cic is going to conduct an interview, if yes what must i expect, how long before the oshawa cic cantact us?any helpful reply will be well appreciated,thanks in advance.Best of luck to everyone,and always remember to put god infront of everything you do.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you got AIP already, it means there were no problems with your application so you will just have a landing appointment with the Oshawa office so you basically go there, collect your PR and leave.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
dundee congrats...

i know someone who got her PR in almost 8 months. i still don't have aip and it's 8 months now...

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
Leon,

Finally an update in my ecas. your file is transfered in your local office. they may try to contact you. i didn'thave AIP so this doesn't sound a good thing like you said before. i also contacted my MP. i'm so worried right now.. hopefully it goes well. give me some advice or anybody here.

D

darumal

What does AIP mean?

I submitted my inland application in April and it is in processing in July. I am a bit worry as the age difference between my partner and I.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AIP = Approval in principle = first stage approval. For inland, this is now taking 6-7 months if all goes well. It means that you may be eligible for healthcare coverage and that you qualify for an open work permit. After AIP your file is transfered to a local office and they will contact you at some point to give you your PR. If your file is transfered to a local office without AIP, it means they had some questions and wanted an interview. In that case, you will have to wait until they contact you for the interview which in some cases can take a long time.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
Leon,

Would you rather suggest doing outland application then? from your pesrsonal point of view? or would you wait a little longer?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you know for a fact that your application has been forwarded to local office without first stage approval, you should contact the local office and ask them about their timeline. Depending on how long they tell you that you have to wait before your file is looked at, it is then up to you to decide if it would be smarter to withdraw your inland and apply outland. However, make sure you order your CAIPS notes and find out why your file was sent to local office without first stage approval because you need to fix that problem before you apply outland or it may delay you there too.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
Leon,

is it possible to order the CAIPS notes even if you don't withdraw your application? if it is local office does that mean local office in vancouver or local office in surrey?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know if you can order CAIPS notes once you have withdrawn your application. You can order them first, then decide if you want to withdraw. Did they not say in the letter which office they forwarded your file to? You can call CIC and ask. I would think it would be the office closest to where you live.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
Leon,

Thanks. I'll ask the MP to help me on these matters. My lawyer is no help at all. He just told me to wait. didn't even give me any options. I'll give them a call and make sure which office they send it to..

J

jdwhite21

Hi everybody.

Should I be worried, I sent in my husband's application the beginning of May and we still haven't even heard anything.

Thanks