+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Kristina84

Mar 10, 2019
Hello,
I received a mail today from IRCC stating that I have not provided proof for cohabitation. Even though we did. I remember providing
  • Separate phone bills but with common address
  • Manulife Insurance with Spouse name in it
  • Sponsor Drivers License, Spouse's RAMQ etc

I am thinking to add my Spouse to lease and provide that as proof and create a joint account by next week. Besides can you guys please help me out if i am missing something. Your help is appreciated
We've provided above and beyond ourselves and still got the letter. We noted that it's likely because the SP has a pobox address on his employer letter (aaargh) plus we leave on a boat all year long. So I guess that they understand the concept of renting a slip for a boat from marina rather than apartment. We have further documents that we didnt have at the time of submission I.e insurance, but the letter we've received is that it must be dated 12 months before the application date to adhere to common law requirements. So not sure anymore.

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
Hey everyone. I am the PA and me and my boyfriend (Sponsor) are going to mexico for a one week vacation. I have a valid OWP and a valid entry visa (TRV) and have been working for my current employer since 9 months.
Is there any reason for the CBSA to deny re-entry or would that have any effect on my PR application?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hey everyone. I am the PA and me and my boyfriend (Sponsor) are going to mexico for a one week vacation. I have a valid OWP and a valid entry visa (TRV) and have been working for my current employer since 9 months.
Is there any reason for the CBSA to deny re-entry or would that have any effect on my PR application?
It's entirely up to the CBSA agent. They have every right to deny you entry at the border. If you were denied your application would be abandoned.

That said, inland applicants with OWP commonly take infrequent, short trips outside of Canada successfully. Assuming you meet admissibility requirements you should have no issues but it is never a guarantee and important to be aware of risks.

Reactions: RiyaAc

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Woke up with a message from IRCC today. Profile has been updated

App Received: Jan 25
Sponsors AOR: Mar 14
Medical:Mar 20
Background Check: May 21

OWP: same status " we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility"

Anyone submitted Jan 25, (without existing work permit) received their owp?

I know that applicants who had work permit get approvals earlier. In my case this is my first work permit.

Rubyrenes88-2019

Apr 4, 2019
Application received: 30 jan
Aor received: 15 march
Owp received : around 25 march
Medical passed : around 30 april
Background check: NA
Checking eligibility: we are checking your eligibility.

My background check is NA, interview NA, Fingerprints NA.
Anyone having the same issue? Why is my application still under review for eligibility?

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hello Guys!!
I have two questions. I got an email from CIC asking for some additional information that I already sent. Do you know how long does it take for them to reply back? And continue with the processing time of my application.
Another question, do you guys have the CIC phone number/call center. I need information about my case.
Thank you!

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hello Guys!!
I have two questions. I got an email from CIC asking for some additional information that I already sent. Do you know how long does it take for them to reply back? And continue with the processing time of my application.
Another question, do you guys have the CIC phone number/call center. I need information about my case.
Thank you!!

elex198

Aug 3, 2018
Hi I checked the on line services for processing time and it says my application is IN PROCESS and when i click the in process tab it says

1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 22, 2019.
  2. Medical results have been received.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on March 29, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Any idea what I should do?
Thank you

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
Elligibility often comes late or last— you may still be seeing that status until after your background check is done. Nothing is wrong with your file— plenty of people with earlier applications are where you are right now, it’s normal.

Application received: 30 jan
Aor received: 15 march
Owp received : around 25 march
Medical passed : around 30 april
Background check: NA
Checking eligibility: we are checking your eligibility.

My background check is NA, interview NA, Fingerprints NA.
Anyone having the same issue? Why is my application still under review for eligibility?

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
You don’t have to do anything right now. They have your medical results and don’t seem to have asked for anything else, so your application is processing, just as it should be.
Hi I checked the on line services for processing time and it says my application is IN PROCESS and when i click the in process tab it says

1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 22, 2019.
  2. Medical results have been received.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on March 29, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Any idea what I should do?
Thank you

ilk_

Jan 26, 2019
Woke up with a message from IRCC today. Profile has been updated

App Received: Jan 25
Sponsors AOR: Mar 14
Medical:Mar 20
Background Check: May 21

OWP: same status " we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility"

Anyone submitted Jan 25, (without existing work permit) received their owp?

I know that applicants who had work permit get approvals earlier. In my case this is my first work permit.

We submitted on Jan 25th and he got his WP on March 23rd and it is his first work permit

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
We submitted on Jan 25th and he got his WP on March 23rd and it is his first work permit
Good for him and congrats. Really dont understand why other apps including mine has to take 4 months. Why others get approved so fast. PR app lately gets approved in 7 mos so by the time we get our OWP we can only use it for few months.

Rekhapatel

Feb 15, 2019
Hi Guys,
I have a question if someone can throw some light..
My visitor visa was expired on 22th April and I applied for the extension of my visitor's visa on 18th April since my OWP was still in process.
Now I have received my OWP on 14th May while my extention still is in process..
In this case is my OWP as extension or do I again have to apply for a extension ??

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi Guys,
I have a question if someone can throw some light..
My visitor visa was expired on 22th April and I applied for the extension of my visitor's visa on 18th April since my OWP was still in process.
Now I have received my OWP on 14th May while my extention still is in process..
In this case is my OWP as extension or do I again have to apply for a extension ??
OWP gives you valid status in Canada. You do not need to apply to extend as a visitor while the OWP is still valid - which it should be for two years. Does that answer your question?

akhil923

Dec 7, 2018
Hi guys,
I m May 2019 Applicant.
I have quick question for you guys my agent told me that once my wife get her finger print request she has to get that done outside of canada. We are indian citizen. How true is this??