+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

reborn89

Jun 5, 2019
Same, did you land in Canada or being here from before by some visa?
I landed in Canada on a temporary visit visa and i am sponsored by my partner inland Halifax. they requested additional documents on May 7 such as option C for taxes, my partner hasn't been in Canada in the last 10 years (living with me) so we sent an explanation along with bank statements on June 15. So i suspect our delay is because of that and they have only received it last week. They also sent me an email that public health "may" contact me to get further medical testing due to my latent TB inactive, even though I already passed medical. Really the delay could be either one of those reasons not sure.

Spouse.Canada

Feb 19, 2019
I landed in Canada on a temporary visit visa and i am sponsored by my partner inland Halifax. they requested additional documents on May 7 such as option C for taxes, my partner hasn't been in Canada in the last 10 years (living with me) so we sent an explanation along with bank statements on June 15. So i suspect our delay is because of that and they have only received it last week. They also sent me an email that public health "may" contact me to get further medical testing due to my latent TB inactive, even though I already passed medical. Really the delay could be either one of those reasons not sure.
Ok thanks for the explanation. I have no update and no AIP or DM yet and even no approved for my sponsor side. It says we reviewing whether you meet the eligibility or not. And BGC is in process. But I’m my case I am student and being living in Canada for 6 years already. So I don’t know why it takes time.

Shelliswhite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Ok thanks for the explanation. I have no update and no AIP or DM yet and even no approved for my sponsor side. It says we reviewing whether you meet the eligibility or not. And BGC is in process. But I’m my case I am student and being living in Canada for 6 years already. So I don’t know why it takes time.
I think it could take longer if you married or lived with your partner less than 2 years. It will take time to authenticate your marriage or relationship. For background check, i think as long as you will not be posting risk to Canada.

Spouse.Canada

Feb 19, 2019
I think it could take longer if you married or lived with your partner less than 2 years. It will take time to authenticate your marriage or relationship. For background check, i think as long as you will not be posting risk to Canada.
That’s right, we’ve just married for two months when I filled the application but known each other for 2 years as we explained.

Shelliswhite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
That’s right, we’ve just married for two months when I filled the application but known each other for 2 years as we explained.
I am on the same boat as you. But if you are married and if you married in canada, there arent too much to b*tch about lol you are already married. Lol what can they say that u are not real? Did you have all reception, ceremony and pictures? I got all those. But it varies case by case. If they need more proofs they would have asked you. Lets cross fingers.

Fopogi26

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Thats not true. We got married may 2019 after dating 1.5 we sent our application after 3months of married. And we live with my uncle basement. And we only know each other for 2.5 take note same sex marriage here. So i guess it depends for the officer my officer is probably gay who loves gays. Lol

Reactions: kristoph29

Shelliswhite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Thats not true. We got married may 2019 after dating 1.5 we sent our application after 3months of married. And we live with my uncle basement. And we only know each other for 2.5 take note same sex marriage here. So i guess it depends for the officer my officer is probably gay who loves gays. Lol
Good for u. As i said, case varies by case.

Shelliswhite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
No nothing, that’s why I was worried, but in my case I did not land in Canada. I was in Canada for 6 years.
I have been in canada for 11 years lol i did not need to land or anything too. I was on my post graduate work permit and got my open work permit in march. But they started my eligibility review a few days ago. Did you get background chk start or eligibility?