Inland spousal sponsorship

Ca_551

Nov 12, 2017
toronto, ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
My husband and I have been in a Long distance relationship since June 2015. He is from Canada I am from the US. We met for the first time in March 2016. With visits to each other every other month til December 2016. In December 2016 I stayed in Canada til May 2017 and in that time period we got engaged. Then in July 2017 we got married in the US. (Both our first marriage) In august 2017 I flew back to Canada with him and we are filling out the forms for him to sponsor me. The trouble I’m having is I haven’t been able to work for the past year due to “visiting” in Canada for so long. And the shorter stays in the states where I could work. (Meaning money is tight) my husband fully supports everything. He buys whatever I need.. clothes, food, hygiene products etc. We rent a room through his moms house and it’s cash. We don’t have our own car/phone bills. And other bills are in my husbands mother’s name. So my name isn’t on anything. We are in our 20’s.. so we haven’t filled out a life insurance policy or anything. His work doesn’t have employment benefits at the moment. The trouble I’m having is I feel they expect proof I live here. But my status in Canada is still technically a visitor (meaning I have to act like it).. any advice would really help. Thank you :)

Chroniverous

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Im sure the proof they want is how you're being supported and not being on social assistance. If you could elaborate on what you're asking I might have suggestions :)

Last edited:

Gloria217

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2016
I will suggest a few things:

1. Get your mother-in-law to write a letter confirming you both live in home where all the bills are in her name. And get the letter notarized. She could go as far to state how much you pay for rent/contribute to the household.
2. Your husband could add your name to his bank account and that will help with proof.
3. Get a few family and friends to write letter validating your relationship.

Those accompanied with a letter from your husband stating that you're not yet permitted to work in Canada, thus he takes care of all your financial needs should be ok.