+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal PR sponsorship

Saikrn

Aug 12, 2021
Hi, I’m on PR right now and I'm in Canada. My wife is in US and I would like to sponsor PR to my wife. We’d like to do inland application. She’s got visiting visa to Canada, Can she come to Canada on visiting visa and then start our inland application? I have heard from one of my friends that the PR Sponsorship can now be done online, is that true? Can we apply online? did anyone do it that way?

Also, Apart from 20 photos and travel itineraries what other proofs are required to prove our relation? How many screenshots of social media chats should be enough? What if the chats are not in English/French? Because most of our chat is in our mother tongue, I'm confused on how to proceed with this. Apart from these, anything else I need to provide?

Thanks in advance.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Any updates?
OP was not included in husband's PR application before husband landed under an economic stream program. (got COPR, got married, then land after)

So husband cannot sponsor OP as a spouse since she was NOT declared. (in later posts, the account is used as the wife although this post was worded as the husband/PR)

Are you in similar complicated situration? I don't think they applied for family sponsor.

zoomer003

Nov 14, 2022
OP was not included in husband's PR application before husband landed under an economic stream program. (got COPR, got married, then land after)

So husband cannot sponsor OP as a spouse since she was NOT declared. (in later posts, the account is used as the wife although this post was worded as the husband/PR)

Are you in similar complicated situration? I don't think they applied for family sponsor.
I applied for my Wife inland sponsorship. I received the COPR number in the portal, but I don't know what I need to do next. No updates for over a month

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I applied for my Wife inland sponsorship. I received the COPR number in the portal, but I don't know what I need to do next. No updates for over a month
most likely just wait. Look for discussion about virtual landing and landing portal.

Posting and asking about update on people who didn't really apply is not going to give you more information.

Last edited:

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
After the COPR is issued, you are put into a queue for virtual landing. You will receive an email invitation to update your Canadian address (confirmation), and submit a couple of photos. Then your file is transferred to a local visa office in your Province for the virtual landing which is done over your computer/phone. This whole process usually takes a couple of months.

Reactions: YVR123

zoomer003

Nov 14, 2022
After the COPR is issued, you are put into a queue for virtual landing. You will receive an email invitation to update your Canadian address (confirmation), and submit a couple of photos. Then your file is transferred to a local visa office in your Province for the virtual landing which is done over your computer/phone. This whole process usually takes a couple of months.
Thank you so MUCH.

Reactions: BCTechy