+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland sponsorship for spouse and children

RARUETEV

Jul 23, 2019
Hi, Need your advise. My spouse and children are in Canada on visitor status and living with me(PR holder). I am planning to submit 'Inland sponsorship application' via online portal. Please help me with below questions:
1. Do I need to submit IMM 5604 form for children? (Declaration of non-accompanying parent)
2. Once I submit PR applications, I am planning to submit Open work permit for my spouse. Will my children get implied status? or Do I need to extend their visitor status?
3. Do I need to write letter of explanation in their PR applications that I will be applying Open work permit for spouse and extend visitor status for children?

Please kindly reply. thank you.

Vasun

Dec 11, 2022
Hi, Need your advise. My spouse and children are in Canada on visitor status and living with me(PR holder). I am planning to submit 'Inland sponsorship application' via online portal. Please help me with below questions:
1. Do I need to submit IMM 5604 form for children? (Declaration of non-accompanying parent)
2. Once I submit PR applications, I am planning to submit Open work permit for my spouse. Will my children get implied status? or Do I need to extend their visitor status?
3. Do I need to write letter of explanation in their PR applications that I will be applying Open work permit for spouse and extend visitor status for children?

Please kindly reply. thank you.
Honestly, you should follow the Document Checklist (IMM5533) and submit all documents. my children were of adult age (>18) and I needed to submit the IMM5406 and IMM5669 for each child.
Good luck.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If there's no other parent (i.e. they are your stepchildren), no.

Honestly, best to extend. If it should get returned, they could end up out of status. Why worry?

No on the second part, I don't know about the OWP.