+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland sponsorship application

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Hi all

Please allow me to explain my current situation.

I immigrated to Canada in 2009, my girlfriend tried to enter Canada at the same time I knew her from university we were in love and we decided to come together so she was going to enter with her French passport (but she is an Iraqi originally and has never been to France) so she was suppose to be granted visa at the airport unfortunately that didn’t happen because she didn’t state her relationship with me scared that it will effect my immigration to Canada so her visa was denied. We decided to get married because we were in love for such a long time and we didn’t want to be separated plus her returning to Iraq was risky I don’t want to get into the details of why its risky. We got married and I filed for sponsorship in the same time we went to court to appeal the refusal of her visa but that didn’t work so we are still waiting for the sponsorship application hoping that it will help us but the thing is I’m scared the application will be affected by her not having a legal status in Canada and also by what happened at the airport.

Does any one know if it will be affected or not??

plus the application was submitted in August 2009 until now there is no news on the application and it has been more than a year and a half since we filed for sponsorship which is scaring me even more also waiting has been really hard lately because my wife got pregnant and unfortunately after a month and a half she had a miss carriage so she needs medical attention and follow up which has been really hard considering that she doesn’t have a health card.

My other question is that does it normally take this much time to sponsor a spouse inside Canada or is it because of the airport incident?

Your help and advice in any way is greatly appreciated

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you applied inland, if nothing is wrong, then you would see first stage approval after 9-10 months so if you haven't seen it yet, they likely have some problem with your application. To know what the problem is, you would need to order your FOSS notes, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf

What kind of visa was she supposed to be granted at the airport that she was refused? From what you say, they seem to have let her enter Canada anyway?

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Yes she was suppose to be granted a visa at the airport seeing that she had french passport , but she was refusedfor misrepresentation so we decided to go to court and that didnt help either in the mean time we got married and I filed for inland sponsorship so shes currently here but doesnt have a status she has to report to canadian border by telephone every month.
We did not get first stage approval even though more than a year and a half past by could the reason be the airport incedent ?
all it says on the CIC website when I do a status check is that the file is in process

Thank you for you reply Leon

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So how did she get in if she was refused for misrepresentation?

Material

Feb 16, 2011
She got in because they said either you leave voluntarily or you can go to court so we went to court and I guess she is still here now because I am sponsoring her and they are waiting for the sponsorship file decision .

If I order FOSS notes will it show me why its taking so long? and where should I mail it?

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The FOSS notes will show you what the visa officers have entered into the computer about your case and that should give you an idea what is happening. You can find the address here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp