Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Does anyone know what the letter would look like if you get a refusal on DM?

Would it be the same letter as a positive DM and you just get refused when you go for landing?

I am very worried because they still didn’t ask for my husband’s Costa Rica record check, and we have a few red flag type issues, like a record in the USA (which was fully disclosed on the application)....

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you still worrying? ;)

This is what a Refusal letter looks like:

Appendix C—Letter to applicant/Refusal letter/Permanent residence Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class

This refers to your application for permanent resident status under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

In order to become a permanent resident under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada
class, you must comply with requirements as specified in the Immigration and Refugee Protection
Regulations.

[CHOOSE APPROPRIATE REFUSAL INSERT PARAGRAPH (AT APPENDIX E)]

Since you or your sponsor have/has not provided evidence that [provide specifics of situation
leading to a refusal], you do not meet the requirements of the class. Your application for
permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class is,
therefore, refused.

You and your family members, if any, are required to leave Canada on or before the expiry of your
current document. Failure to leave Canada could result in removal action being taken against you.

The client number shown in the upper right corner of this letter is your personal identification
number. This number provides access to information on your file and, as such, for your own
protection, you should not allow any other person to use this number. Please include your
personal identification number in any correspondence with Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Failure to include this number could result in the return of your correspondence unanswered.

If you require further assistance, please telephone the Call Centre at 1 -888 -242-2100 (Toll
Free). Be prepared to quote your client number and your date of birth. General information and
application kits may also be obtained through our Web site at http://www.cic.gc.ca.

---------------

And this is a portion of what a letter looks like where they are requiring an interview before making a final decision:

Appendix F—Letter to applicant/Invitation to examination interview

This refers to your application for permanent residence submitted within Canada under the
spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

Previous correspondence informed you that you had met the eligibility requirements to apply for
permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada
class
. It also informed you that a final decision would not be made until you and, if applicable, all
your family members both in Canada and abroad met all other requirements of the Immigration
and Refugee Protection Act as they relate to health, security and criminality screening.

Since YOUR letter looks like a positive DM letter...try to relax a little bit (even though it is odd about the Costa Rica PCC).

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
Ponga said:

This is what a Refusal letter looks like:

Appendix C—Letter to applicant/Refusal letter/Permanent residence Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class

This refers to your application for permanent resident status under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

In order to become a permanent resident under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada
class, you must comply with requirements as specified in the Immigration and Refugee Protection
Regulations.

[CHOOSE APPROPRIATE REFUSAL INSERT PARAGRAPH (AT APPENDIX E)]

Since you or your sponsor have/has not provided evidence that [provide specifics of situation
leading to a refusal], you do not meet the requirements of the class. Your application for
permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class is,
therefore, refused.

You and your family members, if any, are required to leave Canada on or before the expiry of your
current document. Failure to leave Canada could result in removal action being taken against you.

The client number shown in the upper right corner of this letter is your personal identification
number. This number provides access to information on your file and, as such, for your own
protection, you should not allow any other person to use this number. Please include your
personal identification number in any correspondence with Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Failure to include this number could result in the return of your correspondence unanswered.

If you require further assistance, please telephone the Call Centre at 1 -888 -242-2100 (Toll
Free). Be prepared to quote your client number and your date of birth. General information and
application kits may also be obtained through our Web site at http://www.cic.gc.ca.

---------------

And this is a portion of what a letter looks like where they are requiring an interview before making a final decision:

Appendix F—Letter to applicant/Invitation to examination interview

This refers to your application for permanent residence submitted within Canada under the
spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

Previous correspondence informed you that you had met the eligibility requirements to apply for
permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada
class
. It also informed you that a final decision would not be made until you and, if applicable, all
your family members both in Canada and abroad met all other requirements of the Immigration
and Refugee Protection Act as they relate to health, security and criminality screening.

Since YOUR letter looks like a positive DM letter...try to relax a little bit (even though it is odd about the Costa Rica PCC).
Back in 2012 there was a guy who first saw a " Decision Made " on his ECas ( and he was very happy ) , but couple days later he received a Refusal Letter by mail . Kollyjoe his name on the forum

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tilikun said:
Back in 2012 there was a guy who first saw a " Decision Made " on his ECas ( and he was very happy ) , but couple days later he received a Refusal Letter by mail . Kollyjoe his name on the forum
Yes, but I don't believe that he had actually received a letter from CIC, before the refusal letter was sent. Even CIC wouldn't be that heartless.

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ponga said:
Yes, but I don't believe that he had actually received a letter from CIC, before the refusal letter was sent. Even CIC wouldn't be that heartless.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/2-pending-criminal-chargespraa-denied-and-inland-sponsor-application-t112249.30.html

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tilikun said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/2-pending-criminal-chargespraa-denied-and-inland-sponsor-application-t112249.30.html
Interesting read, but again, he NEVER received the same letter that ACS has already received, BEFORE he was issued a refusal letter, right?

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Ponga said:

Yes...I am. lol. Can't help it. It's not that this has been the smoothest and most worry free process.....everything to do with CIC defies logic...

Ok...Thanks Ponga. I will try to relax...maybe some champagne tonight will help me relax :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ACS said:
Yes...I am. lol. Can't help it. It's not that this has been the smoothest and most worry free process.....everything to do with CIC defies logic...

Ok...Thanks Ponga. I will try to relax...maybe some champagne tonight will help me relax :)
It always works for me (*burp*), even when I'm already relaxed. :)

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ponga said:
Interesting read, but again, he NEVER received the same letter that ACS has already received, BEFORE he was issued a refusal letter, right?
Yes he was in lots of trouble , but that's why I posted this , so ACS and her husband can relax a bit , I'm sure he has his valid Costa Rican passport to land without trouble ,and not like I did ::)