+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland interview and what to expect?

Noah1

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Hi all,

Today I received a letter to attend my inland interview in vancouver shortly.
What kind of questions can I expect?
My timeline
AOR received Sept 2016
Correspondence sent oct 17
Sponsor approved oct 17
DM and Aip sent Dec 7
Processing my application Dec 8 2017
I called cic and was told I passed my medical n security checks but my online status has not yet been updated.
Kind of anxious about the interview if anyone could share there experience / interview questions that would be great.
Thanks all

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi all,

Today I received a letter to attend my inland interview in vancouver shortly.
What kind of questions can I expect?
My timeline
AOR received Sept 2016
Correspondence sent oct 17
Sponsor approved oct 17
DM and Aip sent Dec 7
Processing my application Dec 8 2017
I called cic and was told I passed my medical n security checks but my online status has not yet been updated.
Kind of anxious about the interview if anyone could share there experience / interview questions that would be great.
Thanks all
This is a landing interview, you have nothing to worry about. They ask basic questions like "have you been convicted of a crime in Canada" etc.

Reactions: Bahamaboy

Noah1

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
This is a landing interview, you have nothing to worry about. They ask basic questions like "have you been convicted of a crime in Canada" etc.
Thanks for this just worried as I'm out of status no work permit just concerned I might be reused.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Thanks for this just worried as I'm out of status no work permit just concerned I might be reused.
There is no requirement to be in status. If you have DM and have been invited to your landing interview, you are approved. Interview isn’t really the best name for it, it’s more like a landing appointment. Congratulations. :)

Bahamaboy

Mar 6, 2018
Right!! That's mostly likely to congratulate u and ask like 3-4 questions....max time spent at the interview probably 10-20 mins...so how things are now?

Noah1

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Right!! That's mostly likely to congratulate u and ask like 3-4 questions....max time spent at the interview probably 10-20 mins...so how things are now?
Thanks I am now a permanent resident delighted. Interview was 5 mins in and out. Thanks for all your replies.

Narellie

Aug 1, 2018
Thanks I am now a permanent resident delighted. Interview was 5 mins in and out. Thanks for all your replies.
Hi Noah, I'd love if you could expand on this a little further as I believe I may be in a similar situation.
I have an interview in a week and I am totally out of status, I was refused BOWP visa (which is back for reconsideration but unlikely to hear if they change their mind in time) so now I am out of status and have applied for a restoration.

So, you attended your interview with no status at all and still received PR? Were you asked by the officer to provide any proof of status, or asked about your status at all?
I cannot even prove that my application is confirmed, I have the exact opposite online status issues that you had. (Only my medical shows as status updated/passed, and everything else is unchanged but when I called the call centre they confirmed everything has processed and I am to receive PR at this interview). He also confirmed that I am OK to go after applying for my restoration but... it was poor advice from the call centre that caused the issue with my BOWP in the first place, so I just don't believe him!

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Hi Noah, I'd love if you could expand on this a little further as I believe I may be in a similar situation.
I have an interview in a week and I am totally out of status, I was refused BOWP visa (which is back for reconsideration but unlikely to hear if they change their mind in time) so now I am out of status and have applied for a restoration.

So, you attended your interview with no status at all and still received PR? Were you asked by the officer to provide any proof of status, or asked about your status at all?
I cannot even prove that my application is confirmed, I have the exact opposite online status issues that you had. (Only my medical shows as status updated/passed, and everything else is unchanged but when I called the call centre they confirmed everything has processed and I am to receive PR at this interview). He also confirmed that I am OK to go after applying for my restoration but... it was poor advice from the call centre that caused the issue with my BOWP in the first place, so I just don't believe him!
Hi what happened on your application?