+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND FSW .... CONNECT HERE

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Han said:
Yes, AFAIK implied status is a legal status until a decision is made. So he should be good. My suggestion to you is to apply as soon as you can! Don't stay in Canada on illegal status even for one day!
Thanks, I will go for this.

andy.fsw.inland

Dec 20, 2015
Masin said:
Hi guys, I have a very stressful and complicated situation and desperately need your advice and insight.
1- My closed work permit and my spouse's open work permit expires on Jan 31st.
2- I have applied for closed work permit extension in the middle of October but my spouse has not.
3- I also had an offer from a university in USA and my spouse and I applied for J1 and J2 visa on Dec. 30th.
4- I have got J1 visa but my spouse has gone through background check which may take at least 2 months to be approved for visa.
5- We both have applied for PR under FSW inland program in September and we are waiting in silence.

and now here is my question. If I leave Canada to start my work in USA, how can my spouse stay in Canada legally until our PPR comes or his J2 visa gets approved?

I appreciate your suggestions
Masin
Here is what I THINK you need to do: There is no harm in applying for an extension of stay and that will cover your husband for a month or so.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andy.fsw.inland said:
Here is what I THINK you need to do: There is no harm in applying for an extension of stay and that will cover your husband for a month or so.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp
Thanks for the link

ctaylor8676

Jul 28, 2015
Very minor update.

Had mycic say updated yesterday, but when I went into it there was no changes at all.

Today I got the update email (which I presume is for yesterday's "update").

Assume this is just someone looking at my file. Hopefully they do some work on it too! One week till 6 months!

AOR July 28

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
I am FSW Inland. How can I enter my timeline in the spreadsheet?

me2016

Jan 8, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2016
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-07-2016
Has anyone here gotten additional points for Canadian work experience before completing 12 months of work? Did you submit the application right away or did you wait until you reached exactly 1 year?

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
me2016 said:
Has anyone here gotten additional points for Canadian work experience before completing 12 months of work? Did you submit the application right away or did you wait until you reached exactly 1 year?
I got extra points on the 35th month (points for 3 years Canadian experience). I wouldn't be invited without these extra points. So far, application is in progress, no bad news yet (since september).I decided to wait and only submitted my application after I reached 3 years experience, so I can justify the points when I submit my application.

I had a thread discussing this - some respected members felt I should have declined the invitation and waited for another one. Other members felt this was not necessary. I did consult a lawyer (also for other reasons but I did ask this) and she felt I was doing the right thing.

Hope that helps.

Cemier

Jan 21, 2016
eddie_in_NL said:
I got extra points on the 35th month (points for 3 years Canadian experience). I wouldn't be invited without these extra points. So far, application is in progress, no bad news yet (since september).I decided to wait and only submitted my application after I reached 3 years experience, so I can justify the points when I submit my application.

I had a thread discussing this - some respected members felt I should have declined the invitation and waited for another one. Other members felt this was not necessary. I did consult a lawyer (also for other reasons but I did ask this) and she felt I was doing the right thing.

Hope that helps.
I also got extra points having 35 months and 15 days of foreign work experience (being on my 36th months). I did not notice this until recently. If I had seen this earlier I would have declined the invite as I would not have been invited in that draw without these points. I would however have been invited to the next two draws so now I wish I had noticed this directly and just declined the invite. I guess I will find out in the next couple of weeks if it still works out or if I will need to apply again.

Also, I moved to Canada on an intra-company transfer after 35 months and 15 days so while I now have 40 months of continuous work experience (and by the time I applied I had exactly 36 full months) in the same position with the same firm, 4 of those months have been in Canada (hence not foreign) so not sure if those count. It would be somewhat ironic if having the same job with the same firm in Canada rather than in another country would be seen as negative for your skills transferability...

me2016

Jan 8, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2016
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-07-2016
Thanks eddie_in_NL and Cemier. I also felt that since I got the points, it was good to proceed. I wouldn't get an ITA if the points were not added by the system. However, I did not wait for the 1 year experience before submitting. Now I don't know if I should wait for 6 months until I get approved/rejected or if I should just withdraw the application and start all over again.

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eddie_in_NL said:

Hope that helps.
Could you please introduce that thread?

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Cemier said:
I also got extra points having 35 months and 15 days of foreign work experience (being on my 36th months). I did not notice this until recently. If I had seen this earlier I would have declined the invite as I would not have been invited in that draw without these points. I would however have been invited to the next two draws so now I wish I had noticed this directly and just declined the invite. I guess I will find out in the next couple of weeks if it still works out or if I will need to apply again.

Also, I moved to Canada on an intra-company transfer after 35 months and 15 days so while I now have 40 months of continuous work experience (and by the time I applied I had exactly 36 full months) in the same position with the same firm, 4 of those months have been in Canada (hence not foreign) so not sure if those count. It would be somewhat ironic if having the same job with the same firm in Canada rather than in another country would be seen as negative for your skills transferability...
the reason you got additional points is that 1 year full time work for CIC is 35 hours of work in a week and you probably work more than that. so you could fill the 1560 hours faster than 1 year and that is totally fine. in fact one of my friends got the PPR exactly like this.

Don't worry. in EE profile, you don't say how many years of experience you have. you just enter the start date and the end date (if applicable) and the number of hours per week and the system calculates it by itself. so you didn't lie or anything. don't worry and stay tight.

dhnenan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
GOT PPR ARE REQUEST TODAY ...... :D :D :D :D :D

AOR - 1 SEP

FSW - INLAND...

THANKS A TON FOR THIS FORUM...
I WAS A SILENT OBSERVER IN THIS FORUM

THIS FORUM HAS GUIDED ME ON SO MANY THINGS
THAT MY FILE WENT SO SMOOTHLY THAT NOT A SINGLE REVERT FROM CIC.
DIRECT PPR.

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dhnenan said:
GOT PPR ARE REQUEST TODAY ...... :D :D :D :D :D

AOR - 1 SEP

FSW - INLAND...

THANKS A TON FOR THIS FORUM...
I WAS A SILENT OBSERVER IN THIS FORUM

THIS FORUM HAS GUIDED ME ON SO MANY THINGS
THAT MY FILE WENT SO SMOOTHLY THAT NOT A SINGLE REVERT FROM CIC.
DIRECT PPR.
congratulations! Finally some PPR for September Applicants.

me2016

Jan 8, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2016
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-07-2016
shibaak said:
the reason you got additional points is that 1 year full time work for CIC is 35 hours of work in a week and you probably work more than that. so you could fill the 1560 hours faster than 1 year and that is totally fine. in fact one of my friends got the PPR exactly like this.

Don't worry. in EE profile, you don't say how many years of experience you have. you just enter the start date and the end date (if applicable) and the number of hours per week and the system calculates it by itself. so you didn't lie or anything. don't worry and stay tight.
Thank you very much for your response. Now I can sleep well at night.