+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Common Law PR - List Vacation for IMM5669 - Background Declaration

Jan 14, 2017
Hi Everyone,

We're filling out form 5669 - Schedule A Background Declaration and we are confused by Question 6 - Personal History. I am sponsoring my girlfriend for PR. She worked a job in Poland for 1.5 years, and during that time, we rented an apartment and went on several short trips together. Most of the trips were for a few days to neighbouring countries in the European Union, but one of them was a big trip when she got two weeks of vacation from work. She flew to Canada and we spent 5 days in Toronto and a week in Cuba.

My question is, should we list each of these trips as a separate activity or event in Personal History? Or should we just write a note listing all the travel and attach it to the form?

Thanks!

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Question 6 asks for dates in YYYY/MM format. If the longest trip you took was 2 weeks, I would not worry about it significantly as you did not get status in the country you were visiting or could not be considered a resident for any purpose. There will be other parts of the application process where you will describe your relationship together, other than form 5669, and you can detail vacations together there.

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Hi Everyone,

We're filling out form 5669 - Schedule A Background Declaration and we are confused by Question 6 - Personal History. I am sponsoring my girlfriend for PR. She worked a job in Poland for 1.5 years, and during that time, we rented an apartment and went on several short trips together. Most of the trips were for a few days to neighbouring countries in the European Union, but one of them was a big trip when she got two weeks of vacation from work. She flew to Canada and we spent 5 days in Toronto and a week in Cuba.

My question is, should we list each of these trips as a separate activity or event in Personal History? Or should we just write a note listing all the travel and attach it to the form?

Thanks!
Like monkeys89 said, you shouldn't worry too much about your short trips. But if you're like me...

I had already added an extra page to IMM 5669 to explain my personal history ("activities" overlapped and PDF didn't like how I ordered them, so it wouldn't validate initially), so I went ahead and also included a table about my travel/vacation history. I followed the format on the form. I linked this info -- particularly if it involved my sponsor -- in other parts of my application (Part B - Supporting Docs). Some trips were two weeks long, while others were about a month. That said, I even noted the few day trips I took, though I didn't have any documentation/dates for them. In a short paragraph I noted these happened at some point in the last 10 years. For what it's worth, my sponsor said I was being "ridiculously honest." Others have been even more meticulous.

But again, I wouldn't worry about your trips too much. Make sure to draw attention to shared trips with your girlfriend.