App. Filed.......
29-01-2011
Med's Request
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-10-2011
I posted this before but I need more opinion especially from people who landed or will land in CIC Vancouver. If you have any landing interview experience in CIC Vancouver please share under this topic. How long it took you to get yr interview date after you got a letter confirms that your process has been done. Also if you get your PR card you can share that timeline as well.
I underestimate my landing interview time and now I've got my vacation days and very expensive plane ticket. CIC agents give 3 months for interview but we all know that they are exaggerating. Please share your experience. I'm hoping to find out least appr. date for my interview and delay my vacattion on time.
Thanks

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Pengyuen,

I will be landing in Vancouver as well - but not for some time, so just wanted to join in on this thread.

If you don't mind me asking - your case was processed really fast - are you able to let me know if your case was pretty straight forward? Inbox me if you prefer, it would be really appreciated. Thanks!

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Angus said:
Hi Pengyuen,

I will be landing in Vancouver as well - but not for some time, so just wanted to join in on this thread.

If you don't mind me asking - your case was processed really fast - are you able to let me know if your case was pretty straight forward? Inbox me if you prefer, it would be really appreciated. Thanks!
The OP applied under the Protected Person Stream (Refugee) and not thru Spousal Sponsorship.

whiteapple

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I landed in Vancouver. Please see below for my time line :) it only took less than 10 mins for me. it was really not scary at all. they basically just stamp your passport and give your certificate of PR. waiting for your time can be a pain! can take about an hour!

i got my appointment interview letter just 2 weeks after my letter of confirmation for PR aka decision made letter. so basically i landed 3 weeks after they've made the decision. pretty fast actually.

pengyuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2011
Med's Request
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-10-2011
Hi Angus,
I applied under protected person class(conventional refugee).Usually this class took the longest, considering processing times but my application had been processed faster than usual. But looks like they will make me wait on landing stage:) I hope you will get your good news very soon.

@whiteapple: Thanks for sharing your experiance and congrats for your PR. Your timeline looks very usual, Vancouver office looks very fast on landing interviews but unfortunately this is my 5th week and I haven't heard from them yet. Like PR processing times, initiate a landing interview is a indivudual process depands on people how long it will take:)

pengyuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2011
Med's Request
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-10-2011
Forgot to ask did they call you or send you a letter?

whiteapple said:
I landed in Vancouver. Please see below for my time line :) it only took less than 10 mins for me. it was really not scary at all. they basically just stamp your passport and give your certificate of PR. waiting for your time can be a pain! can take about an hour!

i got my appointment interview letter just 2 weeks after my letter of confirmation for PR aka decision made letter. so basically i landed 3 weeks after they've made the decision. pretty fast actually.

whiteapple

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they sent me a letter. i got my appointment letter a week after they sent my "decision made" letter.

pengyuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2011
Med's Request
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-10-2011
That's great, I hope you get yr PR card ASAP...
Thanks