+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
profiler said:
Sure you can apply as a temporary foreign worker. You will have to find an employer within Canada who wants to hire you. They will have to complete and submit a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). Typically this is difficult, but not unheard of.
I have a job already, my visa I have now expires in May 2017, and was thinking maybe I can extend my stay as a worker when the application is approved and in process.

But can I do that when I apply outland?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Annjo89 said:
I have a job already, my visa I have now expires in May 2017, and was thinking maybe I can extend my stay as a worker when the application is approved and in process.

But can I do that when I apply outland?
Sorry I just had a quick look at your posting history so I could figure out which work permit you might have. This is an inland thread, but I will try to answer your question. You can apply for a PR inland or outland. That said, you can remain in Canada while they process your application as long as you have status. Temporary Foreign Worker is a status. So, yes, you can certainly try to apply to extend your Work Permit. There is limitations on how long you can work in Canada, so be mindful of that when you apply.

Also, I noted you are Swede. You do know that if invite you for an interview, you will have to leave Canada to do that, right?

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
profiler said:
Sorry I just had a quick look at your posting history so I could figure out which work permit you might have. This is an inland thread, but I will try to answer your question. You can apply for a PR inland or outland. That said, you can remain in Canada while they process your application as long as you have status. Temporary Foreign Worker is a status. So, yes, you can certainly try to apply to extend your Work Permit. There is limitations on how long you can work in Canada, so be mindful of that when you apply.

Also, I noted you are Swede. You do know that if invite you for an interview, you will have to leave Canada to do that, right?
Thank you! I am just trying to figure out what is best for me, inland or outland application. But the situation I am in now I think inland is the best choice.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Annjo89 said:
Thank you! I am just trying to figure out what is best for me, inland or outland application. But the situation I am in now I think inland is the best choice.
You bet.

It will take 4 months to get the OWP, so if you apply for it before the new year, you will be able to continue to work without interruption. Inland might take a little longer (though *some* are seeing shorter processing times than even outland right now -- one of such cases was a Norwegian; applied Jan 11 2016 and landed Oct 12 2016). For some, it's the right choice. For others it can be a trying experience (if you let it get to you).

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
profiler said:
You bet.

It will take 4 months to get the OWP, so if you apply for it before the new year, you will be able to continue to work without interruption. Inland might take a little longer (though *some* are seeing shorter processing times than even outland right now -- one of such cases was a Norwegian; applied Jan 11 2016 and landed Oct 12 2016). For some, it's the right choice. For others it can be a trying experience (if you let it get to you).
I am in no rush, I just want to be able to work and live the great life I already do with my boyfriend, so Inland seems like a better choice for us.

Can I apply for a OPW before I send in the spousal sponsorship application?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Annjo89 said:
I am in no rush, I just want to be able to work and live the great life I already do with my boyfriend, so Inland seems like a better choice for us.

Can I apply for a OPW before I send in the spousal sponsorship application?
OWP's are really only granted to inland applicants. So you commence them at the same time, or you can request the OWP after you have applied inland.

ifear

Jan 5, 2015
Exciting update! I just received two emails early this morning. The first being:

'We are please to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Calgary will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application'

And then another stating my Confirmation of Permanent Residence Interview is on Nov 15.

Lil back story - submitted it july 3 2015, they received it aug 7, started processing on aug 8. Im american, husband is canadian and he is sponsoring me. We've been married almost 5 years now.

Any clarification on what the interview will be? Is it the big interview where they ask tons of personal information? I've been following the thread posted on here with some example questions others have faced so im wondering if thats what my husband and I should be expecting as well. Also, I know this is probably jumping the gun but. Am I able to just go to the airport in my city and do my landing there?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
ifear said:
Exciting update! I just received two emails early this morning. The first being:

'We are please to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Calgary will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application'

And then another stating my Confirmation of Permanent Residence Interview is on Nov 15.

Lil back story - submitted it july 3 2015, they received it aug 7, started processing on aug 8. Im american, husband is canadian and he is sponsoring me. We've been married almost 5 years now.

Any clarification on what the interview will be? Is it the big interview where they ask tons of personal information? I've been following the thread posted on here with some example questions others have faced so im wondering if thats what my husband and I should be expecting as well. Also, I know this is probably jumping the gun but. Am I able to just go to the airport in my city and do my landing there?
Congrats! I believe that is just your landing interview so nothing to worry about!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ifear said:

Congratulations!

This is your Inland landing appointment, which is also a brief interview. You will likely be asked three basic questions, regarding your family situation, whether you've committed a crime and if you've been asked to leave Canada. Once you complete the appointment, you will have landed as a PR. The only thing left, will be to wait for your PR Card to arrive in the mail.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ifear said:

Congrats!

Time to plan a landing party!

paulschild

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
ifear said:

I'm happy to hear your good news. Gives July applicants like myself some hope. Wondering if you got SA and AIP before the landing interview? I'm july 07 2015 applicant. I haven't heard from CIC after June 17 2016 when they requested for Police certificate

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
paulschild said:
I'm happy to hear your good news. Gives July applicants like myself some hope. Wondering if you got SA and AIP before the landing interview? I'm july 07 2015 applicant. I haven't heard from CIC after June 17 2016 when they requested for Police certificate
I am July 7 2015 app too. I haven't had request for docs. Did you send the police cert with original app or wasn this firs time?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Sponsor2015

Oct 23, 2016
After calling cic this morning the agent told me that they are closely reviewing our application to see if we are a real couple... so I thought I might send a copy of our joint account and some pictures documenting the last year..
Any suggestions?

We have been married since 2014 and have a child together and another one on the road so I really don't understand why they need another proofs..?!
March 2015 applicant