+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

kcura

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarioPavlovich said:
How much does it take to process medical exam once when CiC requests it..?anybody knows?
There's some discussion about it here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-exam-cost-t281776.0.html

I'm gonna make an appointment for my husband today and I can post back here once I get the info from the doctor.

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
mischbrot said:
Congratulations!

I have my interview scheduled for Friday May 20th, so two days left and I get really anxious now about the process. I might read to much online and some articles really scare me since they tell you to do a huge preparation for the interview and so on... I wasn't scared until I read them.

I actually think this interview should be no problem since we have been together for almost 6 years now and I don't know how our relationship could be doubted. My stress level is still rising the closer it gets to the actual date since this means so much. Would you (or any other member that went through the interview) mind going through the whole interview process in detail?

Maybe that will calm my stress level down. I can't even tell my wife otherwise she will freak out, she is way to easily stressed :eek: haha ;D

Mine wasn't actually an interview, it was my "landing interview". I had decision Made already. my husband and i went to the etobicoke immigration office and wait for our number to be called, we went up. they only asked 3 questions, if we still live together and still married, if I ever committed crime or got deported. and then i was giving my confirmation of permanent residence.

Not sure what they really asks in an actual interview. nothing to worry about if you and your spouse know each other very well and what you do daily i guess. Good luck!!

pinkbug

Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
Police Certificate 06-07-2016 PCC submitted: 02-08-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2015
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Request
15-06-2016
Med's Done....
30-06-2016
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
I feel you ;)
We thought we'll receive good news anytime this month or
next month. but, Now seeing a progress in some October applicants is adding up to the frustration of
when are we, (March-May) applicant will get AIP/DM.
Hoping CIC will do something to those applications in early 2015.
:mad:

beans on toast said:
No personal negativity intended towards you. I'm only jealous ;)
Congrats on your good news, and thanks for the positive message!

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
MarioPavlovich said:
How much does it take to process medical exam once when CiC requests it..?anybody knows?
I'm not an expert on these matters, but just based on what I have heard the timelines are absolutely inconsistent. For example, one of my friend ( although a different category of application, he had applied under the CEC), a September 2014 applicant, got his medical request (MR) in July-2105 and passport request in April'2016. We were expecting his landing to happen at the most in a couple of months after the MR but it took way too long.

Hoping things move faster now as per the commitments of the new government.

All the best!!!

kcura

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarioPavlovich said:
Our doctor (in London, Ontario) charges $160.00 for individuals age 15-74.

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi there,

I am an Oct 13th Applicant.
My OWP was issued in Feb 17th and my status on ECAS has been application received since Mar 24.
Today, I received an email from CIC saying:

[i]Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in Calgary for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.

I am scared at the moment...
Did this happened to anybody else? Does this mean my case is questionable?
I applied under common law and we'd been dating for 8 years and living together for 1yr and 10 months the day I handing in my app...

Any input would be much appreciated...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daisyli122 said:
Hi there,

I am an Oct 13th Applicant.
My OWP was issued in Feb 17th and my status on ECAS has been application received since Mar 24.
Today, I received an email from CIC saying:

[i]Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in Calgary for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.

I am scared at the moment...
Did this happened to anybody else? Does this mean my case is questionable?
I applied under common law and we'd been dating for 8 years and living together for 1yr and 10 months the day I handing in my app...

Any input would be much appreciated...
Unfortunately, it looks like CIC has doubts and/or concerns about your application, or your relationship with your sponsor.

All you can do now is wait to see what the Calgary office wants/needs from you.

Good luck!

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Ponga said:
Unfortunately, it looks like CIC has doubts and/or concerns about your application, or your relationship with your sponsor.

All you can do now is wait to see what the Calgary office wants/needs from you.

Good luck!
Thank you for your reply Ponga.
I kind of expected this to happen because he's 20 years older than me and he 2 previous marriages. But we've been seeing each other for 5 years before we started living together...I hope all the communications/photos/receipts would help in the future.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daisyli122 said:
Thank you for your reply Ponga.
I kind of expected this to happen because he's 20 years older than me and he 2 previous marriages. But we've been seeing each other for 5 years before we started living together...I hope all the communications/photos/receipts would help in the future.
Order your GCMS notes to [hopefully] see what the officer's area(s) of concern are in your application.

juve

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Always been a silent follower of this forum .. My application was received on Aug 5th , and now they're working on October Applicants?!! Happy for them but what about the applicants who applied before? I was happy to see that the process been expedited but then they jumped over many applications.

luisluis

Feb 6, 2016
Hi all,

I'm applying inland living in Quebec, including the application for the open work permit.

This guide is very useful!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#

I haven't manage to understand when I'm going to obtain the
CSQ - Certificat de sélection du Québec?

Any ideas?

:)

simonjsf

Jan 25, 2015
luisluis said:
Hi all,

I'm applying inland living in Quebec, including the application for the open work permit.

This guide is very useful!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#

I haven't manage to understand when I'm going to obtain the
CSQ - Certificat de sélection du Québec?

Any ideas?

:)

Yes, you will receive an email from CIC requesting that you apply for your CSQ. I received the email a few days after receiving my AOR.

luisluis

Feb 6, 2016
Thank you simonjsf!

And the AOR,
** how long does it takes after I mail the application?
At the CIC I only see the terrifying total of 26 months.

I found something interesting. The documentation at inmigration quebec suggest you apply to the CSQ during undertaking, but
you said: "you will receive an email from CIC requesting that you apply for your CSQ. I received the email a few days after receiving my AOR",

Now I found this, that applies to my case as I'm sponsored by my wife:
"For a sponsored person already residing in Québec: if the sponsored person’s application for permanent residence has not already been submitted, you could send it at the same time as your sponsorship application to the Canadian government. This policy applies only to applications submitted by sponsored spouses and common-law partners."
here:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/apply/procedure-sponsored.html

It seem I could send the application for the CSQ at the same time I apply to the federal government.
** What do you think?

About the processing time of the Quebec Certificate, I see it takes,
including verification of documents, preliminary and selection review,
7 + 1 à 3 + 1 à 9 months.
That's more than 9 months on. :(

** What about Fees?
This page
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-quebec/fees-payment-time.html
says its 773$, but that section is talking about students becoming permanent.
I don't see such fees in the case of inland applications.

In general, I want to have the certificate as soon as possible for being able to study french and have access to the health service.

(BTW, I found this discussion about time, but it's outdated:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-long-does-it-take-for-the-certificat-de-selection-du-quebec-csq-process-t9147.0.html)

thank you!

mischbrot

Mar 30, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Interview........
20-05-2016
simonjsf said:
Yes, you will receive an email from CIC requesting that you apply for your CSQ. I received the email a few days after receiving my AOR.
I received my request after about 14 months after filing my application, once sponsor got letter that she is approved. Takes them about 4 weeks to get you this certificate then.

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Ponga said:
Order your GCMS notes to [hopefully] see what the officer's area(s) of concern are in your application.
Thank you Ponga, we don't have a file number as we never received our AOR.
I am going to call CIC later and ask for our file number.once I get that I will order the notes!