+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

britishlad

May 27, 2016
if we have received AIP and SA, does that mean that we will not be asked for an interview? i provided a lot of documents as proof of our relationship with our original application. i submitted my medial and police check with fingerprints almost 8 weeks ago (after receiving a request to do so) and i am just trying to work out if we are on the final stretch or if there is a chance that they could still request an interview and this could delay the decision date.

Thanks

canimm2386

Mar 21, 2016
To all the experts in here,

I have a work permit based on inland spousal, however it's only a year long due to the expiry date on my passport. I know this work permit is extendable and shouldn't be any trouble whatsoever. However, is there anything on the CIC website that guarantees a renewal of this work permit? How long before should one apply for the extension or ETA of it?

Appreciate all the help / support and thanks in advance!

BR,
K

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
fsuhail said:
Hello Everyone, April 2015 Applicant here.

No word from cic obviously. Its getting pretty frustrating now. :mad:

I do have a question. We never submitted a medical with our application because our lawyer said that it would expire by the time they even get to it as per the processing times at the time.

Now we can be pretty certain that they should be requesting for a medical within the next year *fingers crossed*, would it be a good idea to just go get our medical done without them requesting for one just so it doesn't have to take 6-8 weeks? Lawyers said to go ahead.
Yes that's exactly what we did and for the same reason. We recently did the medical at an e-Medical equipped Dr. We did it as an "upfront" medical which is technically correct since CIC has not yet requested it. Then we sent the e-Medical confirmation sheet to CIC (copy of it). If you do this, then when they finally get to your app, you have a higher chance of them giving you SA/AIP/DM all at once. Otherwise, if you wait for the medical request you might not get DM for another couple of months past that date.

pammyy

Feb 18, 2015
Re: INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015 -NEW APLICANT 2016

Hello,
My husband applied for PR for me. We're both in Canada (live in fort mcmurray and got evacuated) We put both our addresses on the application one in fort mac and one in Calgary (and I'm glad we did because of the evacuation) Should this be an issue with cic?
Also my work permit expires July 1, since i already sent the application, can i still be working? What are the chances of getting my open wrl permit before December this year and a pr before may next year.
As far as i know my application was submitted complete in its entirety so hopefully i shouldn't have a problem.

kcura

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vancouvernick said:
I did my medical exam on the 18th too. Still waiting for eCAS, my clinic told me it takes 2 month for CIC to acknowledge it...on the spreadsheet I say you will hear from CIC after 6-8 weeks (AIP/DM or interview)
Cheers, thanks! Hope we'll both get good news soon :)

fsuhail

Dec 19, 2015
sawadee-eh said:
Yes that's exactly what we did and for the same reason. We recently did the medical at an e-Medical equipped Dr. We did it as an "upfront" medical which is technically correct since CIC has not yet requested it. Then we sent the e-Medical confirmation sheet to CIC (copy of it). If you do this, then when they finally get to your app, you have a higher chance of them giving you SA/AIP/DM all at once. Otherwise, if you wait for the medical request you might not get DM for another couple of months past that date.
Thats awesome, thank you. I'll get it too it then.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Re: INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015 -NEW APLICANT 2016

pammyy said:
Hello,
My husband applied for PR for me. We're both in Canada (live in fort mcmurray and got evacuated) We put both our addresses on the application one in fort mac and one in Calgary (and I'm glad we did because of the evacuation) Should this be an issue with cic?
Also my work permit expires July 1, since i already sent the application, can i still be working? What are the chances of getting my open wrl permit before December this year and a pr before may next year.
As far as i know my application was submitted complete in its entirety so hopefully i shouldn't have a problem.
Once you receive your AOR you'll be able to check (and change) your address online. They will have only one address for you, the one you gave them on IMM 0008 and IMM 1344. If you have an open work permit than the new app gives you implied status, but it's not quite clear with different work permits. See here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.6wm36y6y7l8y
You can follow the spreadsheet to get an idea about the processing time.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
canimm2386 said:
To all the experts in here,

I have a work permit based on inland spousal, however it's only a year long due to the expiry date on my passport. I know this work permit is extendable and shouldn't be any trouble whatsoever. However, is there anything on the CIC website that guarantees a renewal of this work permit? How long before should one apply for the extension or ETA of it?

Appreciate all the help / support and thanks in advance!

BR,
K
You have until December 22, 2016 to apply for a new WP according to the current rules: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-12-11.asp
Most likely it will be extended again, but you can apply for a new WP as soon as you have a new passport.

prettyAKO

Star Member
May 31, 2016
hi to all,
nov 13 2015 applicant here i just got my medical request yesterday june 2, 2016, i do have 2 dependents my 2 kids i haven't receive their medical request, my question is is it normal that i will receive my medical request before my kids, because i thought it will come at the same time. anyone there ha ve same situation as mine? i will really appreciate your input, thank you so much

Jambs

Jan 6, 2016
Winnipeg MB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-04-2016 / OWP 23-02-2016 / SA 01-06-2016 / DM 14-07-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Which is better in submitting the other requirements by courier mail or uploading it?

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Jambs said:
Hi November applicant here.

Today 06/01/016, my wife received the email that she met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor (is this the SA?)

And same with me I received a letter that I need additional supporting documents for I have not provide sufficient evidence that I am cohabitating relationship with my wife. They also gave example documents that I need to submit (evidence of joint bank, trust, credit union or charge card accounts; jointly signed residential lease, mortgage or purchase agreement, insurance and/or beneficiary forms. Other supporting documentation such as statutory declarations of individuals with personal knowledge that your relationship is genuine and continuing may be considered)

My question if this will suffice, a letter from the bank that we have a joint account and a copy from her company stating there that I am his contact person with the same address.

Need the expertise of anyone who encounter my situation thanks.
hi jambs could u pls let me know if u were on status at the time u received ur owp? i only got the file number didnt hear anything about owp.

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
Good morning folks! We received SA and AIP yesterday, Nov 2 applicants. Officer is AZP/M. Strangely, we have not yet received a medical request. A few questions:

1. 10 days ago, we began 'upfront' medical, and we still have the labs to complete. X-ray is done. Would you suppose this is why they didn't request it, because they see its underway?

2. Does anything come via regular mail prior to the PR card? We updated our address online twice, but still no change on ECAS. We called, they said "yes, it's been changed since April 25". Not surprisingly, the SA and AIP showed the old address at the top of the letters, despite what the call centre said. We do have mail forwarded, but it adds time of course.

Glen

vancouvernick

Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb. 25, 2016
Med's Request
May 20, 2016
Med's Done....
May 20, 2016
LANDED..........
Aug. 4, 2016
GlenL said:
Good morning folks! We received SA and AIP yesterday, Nov 2 applicants. Officer is AZP/M. Strangely, we have not yet received a medical request. A few questions:

1. 10 days ago, we began 'upfront' medical, and we still have the labs to complete. X-ray is done. Would you suppose this is why they didn't request it, because they see its underway?

2. Does anything come via regular mail prior to the PR card? We updated our address online twice, but still no change on ECAS. We called, they said "yes, it's been changed since April 25". Not surprisingly, the SA and AIP showed the old address at the top of the letters, despite what the call centre said. We do have mail forwarded, but it adds time of course.

Glen
How come you get AIP without medical? :p am I the only one who just got SA, no AIP but medical request?

Anyway, there's no way CIC knew you are under going medical because without completing all the labs and X-Ray your medical is still with the clinic and not transmitted to CIC yet (I finished medical exam 4 days before receiving my medical request and my clinic sent my result to CIC just one day before I received medical request...)

Not sure about the address change

Jambs

Jan 6, 2016
Winnipeg MB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-04-2016 / OWP 23-02-2016 / SA 01-06-2016 / DM 14-07-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
ROBIN PHILIP said:
hi jambs could u pls let me know if u were on status at the time u received ur owp? i only got the file number didnt hear anything about owp.
I applied exactly 5 months of my stay as a visitor came here June 2 and applied Nov 2.