AOR Received.
06-02-2015
Med's Request
7-03-2016
Med's Done....
9-03-2016
Interview........
12-05-2016
I just got an email with a date for my Interview on May 12 in Calgary. I received the DM email last Wednesday the 27th of April. My receipt for the fees I paid says $1,040 but does not break it down into the two payments including the 490 for the RPR fee. Will they know that I already paid the 490? Or am i completely mistake and have to pay another 490?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
There are two process. One is SA for sponsor. And AIP for applicant. I have gotten SA as sponsor (or AIP for those who prefer to call it that), hours later did my spouse the applicant has gotten AIP. These are two completely difference process / flow process. Once the sponsor has gotten SA, the next step is AIP for applicant. Most of the time, SA and AIP are issued within hours, if not AIP is issued within a couple of days after SA.

You seem to think AIP and SA are one of the same. They are not. One is addressed to the sponsor. And the other is addressed to the applicant. While some sponsor don't always get SA. It is not really an important stage in process. It doesnt give the applicant any ability to apply for OHIP or regular OWP. AIP for applicant is one of the most important stage of the process. This allows the applicant to apply for OHIP or regular OWP and most importantly, at that stage, CIC accepts the genuineness of the sponsor/applicant relationship.
What is wrong with you? I'm not asking about OHIP, or OWP.

My question is: Presuming that SA happens some (maybe small) amount of processing before AIP, do they actually release/get the results of SA before the results of AIP are released?

I know they aren't the same thing, which is why I am asking if anyone has insight regarding what is actually done when.

Unless I am mistaken SA is the most important part of what is required for AIP. The applicant can't get AIP unless the sponsor got SA.
How is SA not important?

So, for anyone other than Screech:
Does CIC typically send SA, or do they just send AIP because the time to process AIP is trivially incremental to SA?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
What is wrong with you? I'm not asking about OHIP, or OWP.

My question is: Presuming that SA happens some (maybe small) amount of processing before AIP, do they actually release/get the results of SA before the results of AIP are released?

I know they aren't the same thing, which is why I am asking if anyone has insight regarding what is actually done when.

Can you give an example whereby the applicant can apply for OHIP or regular OWP using only SA papers? Let me know if you have any. I like to be educated on it.

Unless I am mistaken SA is the most important part of what is required for AIP. The applicant can't get AIP unless the sponsor got SA.
How is SA not important?

So, for anyone other than Screech:
Does CIC typically send SA, or do they just send AIP because the time to process AIP is trivially incremental to SA?
While, yes, SA is important in that AIP won't issued without SA, applicant cannot do anything without AIP, such as applying for OHIP and regular OWP. So the applicant cannot move ahead in processing until AIP is issued, regardless of whether SA is issued or not.

Can you provide an example whereby the applicant can apply for OHIP or regular OWP using only the SA papers. I would like to be educated on such examples.

This is why I place AIP being more important than SA. It is moot to the applicant if the sponsor actually received SA since it has no bearing on the applicant's stage. The applicant cannot move on until AIP is granted.

Strange that you remained silent on the issue that you were incorrect that interviews were never done before AIP.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
When you apply inland, do you ever actually get SA?

I know that when you get AIP it's actually AIP and SA, but presuming that SA happens some (maybe small) amount of processing before AIP, do they actually release/get the results of SA before AIP?

My experience is apparently not the norm, but it would seem that things you don't get results for are the things that happen at the same time as further steps.
So, I never got anything for SA. I don't know if anyone ever does, but I do know that some people get AIP. Do those people also get SA, or is that just implied?
Unless CIC has changed things, the sponsor does receive SA prior to the PA receiving AIP.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:
Unless CIC has changed things, the sponsor does receive SA prior to the PA receiving AIP.
Well, as you know my experience has fallen short of CIC's official mission statement.

Presumably CIC sends people AOR's, AIP's, and PR cards among other mythical things.

So, as per mission-statement, the sponsor is supposed to receive SA, typically 5 or 10 minutes before AIP is done for the Applicant.

screech339 said:
While, yes, SA is important in that AIP won't issued without SA, applicant cannot do anything without AIP, such as applying for OHIP and regular OWP. So the applicant cannot move ahead in processing until AIP is issued, regardless of whether SA is issued or not.

Can you provide an example whereby the applicant can apply for OHIP or regular OWP using only the SA papers. I would like to be educated on such examples.

This is why I place AIP being more important than SA. It is moot to the applicant if the sponsor actually received SA since it has no bearing on the applicant's stage. The applicant cannot move on until AIP is granted.

Strange that you remained silent on the issue that you were incorrect that interviews were never done before AIP.
Yes, apparently interviews can happen before AIP. You've gotten one thing right.

You're absolutely right Screech, the OHIP requirements *are* misguided and are equally as stupid as CIC.
I had no idea, I thought I was just angry for no reason, now it all makes sense.
This is why I am disappointed, wow, news to me.

Cloopz

Jan 22, 2016
Though I agree OHIP is a very important topic when it comes to immigration I don't believe this is the right place for you guys to argue.

I'm sure throughout this Canadavisa.com website forum there are specific threads and forums related to certain provinces and ways to get health care.

We are just here trying to see how everyones applications statuses are doing to help each other gauge as to where we are in the process.

On a separate note we have received our Landing Interview letter on Thursday April 14th and were contacted by the Calgary Office Monday morning to schedule us for May 3rd.

MapleOakLife

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Quick question: I received my notes today, and it says on there that they haven't even started processing my sponsor's application, but online it says it has been in process since March of last year. But it says that it's in the criminal checking of my application, but online it says that they haven't started my application yet. Anyone else have weird notes like this? Should I ignore one and just rely on the other, is this a good or bad sign? I'm just tired of being a 2014 application and nothing happening, but maybe now something finally is..

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
Well, as you know my experience has fallen short of CIC's official mission statement.

Presumably CIC sends people AOR's, AIP's, and PR cards among other mythical things.

So, as per mission-statement, the sponsor is supposed to receive SA, typically 5 or 10 minutes before AIP is done for the Applicant.

Yes, apparently interviews can happen before AIP. You've gotten one thing right.

You're absolutely right Screech, the OHIP requirements *are* misguided and are equally as stupid as CIC.
I had no idea, I thought I was just angry for no reason, now it all makes sense.
This is why I am disappointed, wow, news to me.
Glad that you are more informed.

However I am surprised that you didn't get SA before your spouse has gotten AIP stage. In a perfect world, you would get SA as per process procedure, but CIC system is not perfect, nor will they ever be. Mistakes do happen, more than they are willing to admit.

Hortie

Apr 10, 2016
Application received 11 December 2014. Just got a call from my agent who said CIC wanted to verify my physical address as I gave them my mailing addy on application and wanted to know if I had ever traveled outside Philippines prior to coming to Canada. Two questions only so far.

I take it this is good news? ???

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
Glad that you are more informed.

However I am surprised that you didn't get SA before your spouse has gotten AIP stage. In a perfect world, you would get SA as per process procedure, but CIC system is not perfect, nor will they ever be. Mistakes do happen, more than they are willing to admit.
My spouse didn't get AIP either.

In a perfect world CIC would send you AOR, send you SA, send you AIP, *then* send you DM.
CIC would process applications in the order received.
SA would take 8 months.

Pipe dreams like that.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
MapleOakLife said:
Quick question: I received my notes today, and it says on there that they haven't even started processing my sponsor's application, but online it says it has been in process since March of last year. But it says that it's in the criminal checking of my application, but online it says that they haven't started my application yet. Anyone else have weird notes like this? Should I ignore one and just rely on the other, is this a good or bad sign? I'm just tired of being a 2014 application and nothing happening, but maybe now something finally is..
Almost all of the messages on ECAS are useless, except the ones that say they have sent you some kind of correspondence.

ECAS saying your application has been in process since March just means that your application was added to ECAS in March.
Mine said "Medical Records Received", but that didn't really mean anything either.

Unfortunately CIC was mostly closed during 2014, which contributes heavily to their absolutely bizarre treatment of 2014 applications.

pichratana

Feb 11, 2016
I just landing on April 27. Can anyone have any idea when should I get the pr card? Will I get it sooner than the processing time? Because I want to travel to my country

MapleOakLife

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
GustavesF said:
Almost all of the messages on ECAS are useless, except the ones that say they have sent you some kind of correspondence.

ECAS saying your application has been in process since March just means that your application was added to ECAS in March.
Mine said "Medical Records Received", but that didn't really mean anything either.

Unfortunately CIC was mostly closed during 2014, which contributes heavily to their absolutely bizarre treatment of 2014 applications.
Well..that would have been nice to know lol. One more question, on my notes it says I have outstanding fees, but I paid the sponsorship fee and my paperwork fee at the same time, the only thing I haven't paid yet is the landing fee. Why does it say that?

henryr

Feb 1, 2015
pichratana said:
I just landing on April 27. Can anyone have any idea when should I get the pr card? Will I get it sooner than the processing time? Because I want to travel to my country
I wouldn't count on that. We did landing interview March 16 and are still waiting for PR card.

Fifi7

Jan 20, 2016
Hello guys,
So final update I guess. I landed yesterday in Vancouver. It was very quick, about 10 minutes. They didn't ask my sponsor a single question lol. He just badically asked me if we're still married, if I have a been convicted of any crime and if I have any dependant. And it was all done!!

People who are asking about the card, the agent said it will take 2 months and not to schedule any trip outside Canada until then

Thank you guys for everything. You've been of such a great help.