+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
vik2 said:
Hi Everyone.
I had applied for Spousal sponsorship PR in June 2014. On Dec 18,2015 got first stage approval, on Jan 6 got letter saying application is complete and than yesterday got email saying interview is on Tuesday here in Edmonton.

Bit of backstory: I was on work permit here and had applied for work permit extension2015 in March (Dint know you could apply for work permit extension on same file as PR) on August 15 they refused work permit extension for absolute stupid reason. Applied for restoration of status and still haven't heard back. I haven't been working since middle of August.

Question I have: After the interview on Tuesday what is next step? Can I start working next day or whats the go? I have a job at my previous workplace already.

Any feedback/comment is much appreciated.
At the landing interview, you will be a PR in Canada. You work permit will be void, as you don't need one anymore. You can start working right away, any job you qualify. Don't forget going to Service Canada to get permanent SIN. If you are currently working, make sure you update your employer of you new status and new SIN.

Congratulations!

peimum

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Summerside
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application, again on 08-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
While I am happy for so many of you that have gotten PR, I am also frustrated that we have waited so much longer and still nothing.... We applied in October 2013, and just had to do the medical again because of how long it has been since the application was sent in.... I just want this to all be over.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
peimum said:
Has anyone else had to do the medical a 2nd time? I'm so frustrated with all of this...
Ya... I had to do it twice. And then they lost my second one....

BUT hopefully if all goes well your DM should be just around the corner!!

Got mine last week, a good three months after I did my second medical.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
28january said:
January 2014, submitted my application with medical and background and OWP application
May 2014, AOR
June 2014, they needed more info on my schedule A
January 2015, received my OWP through pilot program
June 2015, AIP
June 2015, they want my schedule A again
October 2015, they asked me to redo my medical
January 2016, they call to say they haven't received my new medical
January 2016, same day, they call to confirm my address, and said my application has been completed

I also changed my address and my passport during these two years.
Got my landing interview confirmation todayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !

Landing at etobicoke next Monday. Pleasantly surprised with how fast this last stage was.

Question: Can I get a refund for my work permit extension? Is calling them the easiest way to get the refund? Or should I wait until the landing interview so that I can continue to work legally for the rest of this week?

vik2

Jan 8, 2016
xandt said:
At the landing interview, you will be a PR in Canada. You work permit will be void, as you don't need one anymore. You can start working right away, any job you qualify. Don't forget going to Service Canada to get permanent SIN. If you are currently working, make sure you update your employer of you new status and new SIN.

Congratulations!
Thanks a lot.

AFarghawi

Jan 12, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have been following this forum but never actually posted anything. I'm being sponsored by my spouse, we filed the application in Feb 2014, it was returned back to us in June 2014 because of a missing form. CIC received our complete package on July 2, 2014. I sent my Medical with the application.

In March 2015 I received a letter requesting to send schedule A again.

Last Month I got an email requesting to do Medical again.

Does that mean that I'm done with the first stage? knowing that we did not receive the SA/AIP
How long would it take for DM?

Online only shows we started processing your application on March 2015.

Thank you,

Oct 8, 2015
AFarghawi said:
Hi Guys,

I have been following this forum but never actually posted anything. I'm being sponsored by my spouse, we filed the application in Feb 2014, it was returned back to us in June 2014 because of a missing form. CIC received our complete package on July 2, 2014. I sent my Medical with the application.

In March 2015 I received a letter requesting to send schedule A again.

Last Month I got an email requesting to do Medical again.

Does that mean that I'm done with the first stage? knowing that we did not receive the SA/AIP
How long would it take for DM?

Online only shows we started processing your application on March 2015.

Thank you,

I am sponsoring my wife. The application was received by CIC on the 17th of July, 2014. The rest is in terms of timeline is exactly the same as in your case. The online status shows the following: "We started processing your application on March 2 2015". A month ago my wife also received an email from CIC indicating that medicals are required. Curious too about whether the 1st stage is passed or not. I honestly think that the request for medical from CIC and having them done does not really mean anything. They are valid only for a year and in many cases people are asked to repeat them if it takes longer than a year (from the date medicals are completed) to process the application, which is the case for majority of people.

I have ordered the GCMS notes from CIC few month ago and I did not find any interesting information...

Toronto84

Jul 23, 2015
annakrystyna13 said:
Yes. They need them for your PR card. It should say that in your landing letter.
We have not received the landing letter yet, but we wanted to make sure we are prepared for the landing interview. Does anyone know of the exact size of the pictures for the applicant?

Thanks!

KUNAL_B

Jul 3, 2014
Toronto84 said:
We have not received the landing letter yet, but we wanted to make sure we are prepared for the landing interview. Does anyone know of the exact size of the pictures for the applicant?

Thanks!
PR photos are the same size as Citizenship..... 50mm X 70mm and sized so that your face is between 31mm to 36mm. One of the photo needs to be stamped by the photographer (date, name and address of the studio)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KUNAL_B said:
PR photos are the same size as Citizenship..... 50mm X 70mm and sized so that your face is between 31mm to 36mm. One of the photo needs to be stamped by the photographer (date, name and address of the studio)
They are not the same specs.

For citizenship photos, the frame size must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″).
The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 1/4″) and 36 mm (1 7/16″)

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
peimum said:
While I am happy for so many of you that have gotten PR, I am also frustrated that we have waited so much longer and still nothing.... We applied in October 2013, and just had to do the medical again because of how long it has been since the application was sent in.... I just want this to all be over.
Same here, Feb 2014 applicant. In May 2015, we received AIP, and that time, they only requested finger print, nothing else. In August, they requested the second medical.... I mean why the .... you didn't think about it in May?! And we even called the office and asked if a renewed medical is needed, and they said no.... (so don't trust a word from the agent on the phone.)

Anyway, still waiting, but i am thinking to send them a friendly reminder to please look at our application. Trying to word it politely without showing too much furstration...

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
Hi ,
Any one know how long does the Landing interview / process last.

They invited us saying your interview is scheduled from 8-9. Does it last that long and does it take longer than that.

I have a scheduled appointment rite after that i have to get too.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
458_Bridge said:
Hi ,

They invited us saying your interview is scheduled from 8-9. Does it last that long and does it take longer than that.

It depends on how many people are in the room waiting to land along with you. Lots of people = up to an hour. Less people, less than an hour. The actual landing interview takes about maybe no more than 10 mins. They basically ask a few questions and have you sign the COPR. Once it is signed, it's official.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
458_Bridge said:
Hi ,

If you want to be one of the first people in line, I suggest arriving at least an hour in advance.

Inlandoct2014

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Oct 2, 2014
File Transfer...
SA, AIP : Jan 14, 2016
Med's Request
Jan 6, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 9, 2016
Interview........
DM: FEB 4, 2016
LANDED..........
March 16, 2016
Hello everyone,

I sent my app in Oct 2014 from Montreal as a common-law partner. In Feb 2015 got a letter from CIC to get my CSQ. Two weeks later I received another email that the email was sent by error. But I already applied for CSQ and got it one week after (CIC also receive it). A week ago I received an email and asked for Medical while I haven't yet received any AIP or SA. Here are my questions:

1. Should I update CIC from my ongoing relationship and sending them more proof at the same time ? (During this time we changed our apartment, we bought a car, we have our insurances under each others' names, which are all new)
2. I changed my status in Canada and now I am under PGWP since Sep 2015. Should I notify them (or they can easily see it in my file)?
3. Getting a Medical request is a good sign or means nothing? I mean theoretically we should get medical request after SA, am I right?
4. Now that I did my medical, should I expect any news soon or not?

Thank you so much